Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday January 6,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday January 6,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:19 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was cleaning and afterwards I hung my penguins up now that little project is done so I will be looking for something else I might want to do.
I see we had a visit from Becca so good to here how she is doing I hope she will come back often.
Today will be wash day was going to do that yesterday but didn't feel like so thats the ticket for today.

Well thats all the news from here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday January 6,2023

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:30 am

Just a quick good morning and say hello. Not much planned for today, nothing to talk about. This month is already going fast! Enjoy whatever your day brings to you
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:39 am

Good morning,

LOIS - you finished those penguins in record time! And here I was thinking a few days ago that you were missing your sew-jo. If you were you certainly found it again! Did you use the MSQC pattern or did you find another one? I won't be joining you in the laundry room today, but come Tuesday, watch my smoke - er - bubbles.

BECCA - it was SOOOO good to see you here yesterday! I'm glad to see you are getting things in order and starting to settle into your next chapter, though I do know how difficult it is for you. Sending ((((hugs!)))) Stop by often and let us know how you are doing. We care.

JANA - good point about the phones. Too bad I haven't had a phone like that for 25 years. :( congrats to Kari! How have her interviews been going? Or is she deciding to stay with her old company? Is Christmas all packed away now? Janadora's boxes. Love it!

CHRISS - Bill will vac the whole house IF I ask him, but he wants to get it done quickly so he runs the vac over the rugs so fast it doesn't have time to pick up everything. Maybe he's trying not to wear the vacuum out . . . So sorry to hear Val has been sick. What kind of sick? Hopefully not Covid. Flu? her back? It just doesn't seem to end for her family. 🙏

MARY Q - yes, Bill's clean bill of health was the best news since our negative Covid tests, and really, even better than that! I bet your snow is pretty. And your aprons! I wear the one you gave me all the time! I like it because it gives full protection of my clothes and there are no ties! Ingenious! And so colorful! And reversible! You could do some in fall/TG and on the reverse side Christmas. Or Americano/general summer.

KATY - My sister has two house phones - but no house phone number! I would like to swipe one of her phones from her but she is hanging tight to them. When we got Scotty at 7 weeks our puppy training book said to take them out to the same spot in the yard every two hours around the clock, and to also repeat whatever word you want to use for "potty". (We used "potty", haha!). Anyway, it was a rough few weeks, but it worked! Soon he was whining to go out and knew just where to go. Plus now we can ask him if he has to go "potty" and he'll bark in a certain way for yes, and ignore us for no.

FLO - what a nice memory of your childhood New Years Eve's! My late husband and I started a new tradition with our kids - we all planned a special dinner. Everyone got to choose a food and we all worked to cook it. Then we all dressed up in party clothes, the sparklier the better. We made fancy drinks, played games, and ate our wonderful supper. Everyone got to stay up as late as they wanted. The kids loved it!

JUDI - lol! Mystery solved! And here I thought all this time you had a special relic from the past but no vacuum! I think it's great that Sophia is showing interest in sewing! And has gramma to help her! She can have so much fun designing her costumes. I used to do a lot of dance costuming. A useful hint is thrift shops. Lots of clothes can be dismantled and parts and pieces used in costumes. I predict many fun times ahead for you and your granddaughter!

VELDA - I'm glad, even if you don't have a lot to talk about today, that you stopped in to say hello! Sorry, I guess I read your yesterday post wrong. I thought you said your reunions would be only your kids and grands. I have no cousins - only siblings and their families. We did host a reunion with many of them 15 years ago and it was great. But now two of my brothers are gone and many of their kids have moved away, as have my own.

Yesterday I got my Narwhal finished. And I was curious about them so I looked it up. There are an estimated 80,000 narwhals in existence. Most in the Arctic Ocean near Greenland. They can winter under the ice for up to 5 months. They grow to about 17 feet long and have a single long sawtooth tusk, perhaps 1/3 the length of their body. They are sometimes called the Unicorn of the Sea. And technically, the correct spelling is narwhal. But adding an 'e' at the end is also an acceptable spelling. I just checked my pattern book and I see that Elizabeth Hartman spells it without the 'e'. I wasn't sure when I spelled it here yesterday so I added it. Now aren't you glad you never asked?! :lol:

Today I am going to start cutting out my seal. But it's my sister's last day here as they are leaving in the morning so we'll spend time with them, probably play one last game of Mexican Train this afternoon. Bill wants to grill steaks for supper so we're also going out for a few groceries this morning.

What are all y'all doing today?

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 am

Good morning Lois, Mary and Vel so far...happy wash day....I am also doing a little laundry Started that this morning...I did spend time in the sewing room yesterday and made another block of the Stitchers Garden It was a 12 month program and I am on Month 9. I refreshed my memory on the fringe foot...it wasnt hard and It comes out cute.
this block has 3 flowers with fuzzy (fringe foot ) centers.
Other than that I will make some lemon/blueberry muffins today I need to use up some lemons and muffins are an easy way. I freeze them and Ken takes one for breakfast with his tea or coffee.
In the morning we have 3 hockey games...One at 930am, next one at 1230, and the third at 250, then we head to my sisters house for family get together,,,,it is our Christmas but we do not do gifts..we visit and eat , it is usually the only time we are all together. No one knows it but youngest sister who lives in Florida will be in town for this get together,,,its a surprise... always something going on in my neck of the woods...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:49 am

Maryz: I am the one to say "sorry". Ha, the get together with my own boys and their kids is the one we plan to make a road trip out East.
The other reunion is coming up in April. We used to go every year when we lived up north. My father started it back in the 60's. At that time it was Dad , his siblings and first cousins. It was fun then. And all were farmers and all lived within 40-50 mile radius. Over the years families grew, people moved away. So many generations later, well I just don't have interest in it anymore. All my Dad's siblings gone. Many of the cousins are gone. Cousins are all over 75 years old. It's fizzling out. So that explains my comments better.
Have a fabulous day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:58 am

Good morning to all.
It should be a quiet day here, I hope to get more blocks from Kathleen today for Joan and Jims quilt. I trimmed all to 8 inch and put 2 1/2 sashing. Not at all happy but it will have to do.

When my family was here for Christmas, I took my DD to the quilt shop. They had a 25% off sale. She wants a king size quilt for her bed for an 25 year anniversary gift. She picked beautiful light colors using the help of Lori from the shop. I have a pattern from El's book, so it should go smooth. LOL I make mine extra long so they can go over the pillows and look like a spread top, no need for shams. So after Joans quilt this is the next one for me to start. Their ann. is July so I have a little time.
Izzy-Your sewing room is the greatest!!! Enjoy all your time in there.
Time seems to disappear faster each day. Have a great day no matter what you have planned for the day.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:14 am

Good morning ladies been a busy week started back to work this week with both school systems so that’s been crazy. I get to see my New Mexico kids for the first time today. We had trainings this week at the beginning.
I have been in my sewing room, started working on Eldon by edyta sitar I am loving how it’s turning out so far it was a bundle of fat quarters I had and decided I need to start using what’s in my stash and once I got my sewing room all organized and I can see the fabric I have I’m kind of ashamed of what is stocked up in there🤪😳

For Christmas I got the goats in pajamas pattern so that’s one that I want to do later. I got some really pretty woollies for Christmas and I want to use them as the pajamas for my goats.

Well, nothing else new here I need to run DD just got up so I need to get her dressed and fed before I start my next set of groups

My package made it to Germany with all the quilts in it although their post does not run today so they should receive it tomorrow I will post pictures once my brother sent them to me

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:33 am

Good morning!

It's milk run today. We are down to the last gallon. Can't run out of milk! I know a few more things will jump in the basket too at Costco.

Sarah got word that her new cabinets will arrive on the 10th and be at her house on the 11th. Our handyman is ready to do the installation. Today Sarah is heading out to several slab yards -- granite - to find what she wants. In the slab yard, you pick out the exact slab of rock. Then she can specify how's it cut, etc.

The Janadora's boxes are all packed and will be placed back under the train layout today. Then I will start some spring cleaning - I know it's early, but I just can't put things back on dusty shelves.

Kari is staying with her current company. She didn't like the other company that wanted to hire her, so she's staying put for the time being. She likes working from home and the flexibility she has.

So not much else. I need some fun - sewing ! And trouble too! Snow is coming today. And more is lined up out west waiting it's turn.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:03 am

Good Day to All.

Jana, guess checking over the fence at other jobs confirmed for Kari that the grass is pretty Ok where she is.

MaryZ, safe travels to Tina and AL. So are you coming on south in a few days?

If a person could post videos here, I would from last night. I took Minnie out and there were lights going across the sky, not fast but consistent, over a dozen. All at the same elevation, all bright red. I don't think it was a drone convention, cause they kept going NW and disappeared.

Not sure what I'm doing today, I have an arm's length to choose from. Maybe something from the elbow or wrist area. :lol:
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Opened my eyes at 8:36 this morning and since the coffee pot isn't scheduled to start until 8:45, I closed them again for a few more minutes! Once I heard the perking.... I thought I better get up and start the day!

Lois.... Those penguins are really so cute! My DGD Corinne and Evie want to sew with me sometime, so maybe that would be a fun project they could do if I got it all set up for them!
IF I can ever get them to sit still long enough! Or together at the same time!

Maryz... Oh yes the snow is pretty.... when you can sit and watch it fall outside your window and the next day when the sun shines and it sparkles like diamonds and hangs in the trees. I probably would miss that just a little bit if I wintered somewhere without it. BUT I sure wouldn't miss having to drive in it! We've had so much this year, that there are huge piles all around our little parking areas, we may have to have big trucks come haul it away! Interesting info on the narwhal! You learn something new every day right?

Judi..... A fringe foot? I've never heard of such a thing... I have feet for both my machines that I have NO idea what they are for...though I could look them up in the manuals I suppose. Are you going to make it to all three hockey games? My Nolan has a game tomorrow too so since the roads are clear here now I just might get out of the house and go watch!!

Diane.... So what pattern are you making for your DD? I like the look of sham pillows on the bed, but they always seems to get in the way, so I do like a bedspread too... at least for my bed. I have decorator pillows I throw on were actually for my couch, but since the kids have that couch.... I just kept the pillows!

Izzy.... Good news that your quilts made it to Germany... such a worry when they have to go so far! My neighbor wants to go to the fabric warehouse next week and take me along... but I am so trying to use up my stash too! I found fabric I bought back in oh probably 2007 or 2008 ... they will make great aprons. :lol:

Jana... Are Daniel and Kari thinking of getting a place of their own? The market is quite different from a year ago with interest rates so much higher. I'm glad I moved when I did. Spring Cleaning? The only good part of that is SPRING!!!! I may have to join you in a project or two.. as I think the dust around here is now "carvable" if you know what I mean!

Lyn.... Did you witness a UFO? How was your day in Corpus Christi? My Dad was stationed there during WWII and he took us down there when I was just out of high school. All I remember was the white sand beaches. And I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since 1969!

Becca.... SO good to see you back. Hope all goes well for selling your home.. I'm sure it's a sad time for you but I'm happy that you have family close by and that you have found a nice comfy place to live.

Thoughts and prayers for Valerie...

Am waiting for a call from my DB and SIL ... they get their mail at my house so it's time for a review of all that I've kept for them to see what they want me to forward to their current location. And Kevin may bring Corinne and a friend out today.. The girls want to learn how to crochet so I'll dig out my vast supply of hooks and yarn give a lesson or two. But, alas my coffee is cold, I need to do a little shine up and then I'll get going on the aprons!

Return to “Sew ins”