Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Dec 8th, 2022

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Thursday, Dec 8th, 2022

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:08 am

Happy Birthday Tina! I will be back later today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:16 am

Good morning everyone!
Today is the day, SS opening day! Woohoo!
Mary, that little ghost will will be adorable! Thank you for the birthday wishes. You all opening presents in my honor LOL made me laugh. Are you ready to open your SS package?!
Judi, when we cleaned out my sewing room to paint it I purged a lot of thin fabrics that I knew I wouldn't use. I kept some wild ones for practicing quilting on and they make good doggy beds for my furrkids and kitties.
Suzette, congratulations! Prayers for her carrying full term and healthy babies πŸ™
Velda, so good to see you! If you'd like the link just let me know, it's at 4 mountain time today. Some may wait to open during our 40 minutes and others may just be doing a show and tell. We're just kind of limited on time with only 40 minutes but I hope to get to see everyone πŸ₯° I think I'll be doing a show and tell myself.... I'm looking at my box under the tree right now and it's whispering... open me, open me....I think it's getting louder πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Awwwww Chriss you're so sweet, right back at ya πŸ₯° thank you for the birthday wishes! There's gonna be angel food cake! Yum!
Kathy, sorry about your bread. Thank you for the birthday wishes!
Thank you Valerie!! πŸ₯°πŸ˜Š
I better scoot, we have to go pick up a grocery order.
You all have a great day!
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Yup, here it is opening day.... I almost forgot until I check the SWAPS topic this morning. I have the link to sign into the zoom and I think I'll tell Alexa to remind me to log in! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... Eyes are fine... just a little change but there's been a little change each year for the last 3 or 4 years, so I think it's time for new lenses at least. I asked Evie to go with me to help me decide--she's has very honest opinions. Oh yes I still have Christmas sewing left... not a lot though. I'm going to make a couple book pillows that Lois told me about. Glad your sissy arrived safe and sound and that she is close by. No accidents for her this year right?!!!

Izzy... Since you are a zoom expert... I'm assuming you will be able to join us this afternoon?

Judi... So what are you going to do with all that fabric you purged? I have seen on facebook a group of gals talking about de-stashing and someone mentioned the Navajo Quilt Project. If it weren't so darn expensive to ship fabric that would be a good place to send it. There has to be a local church that would love your extras. There's a couple churches around here, that I save my "what was I thinking" fabric for.

Suzette... TWINS What great news... for sure I'll send a couple little extra prayers along. Too early to tell if they are boys or girls, I suppose. How exciting! Does she live near by? That will make you GREAT grandparents..YIKES!

Diane... Oh Dear, if some fabric follows you home, I hope you will accept it lovingly and provide it a happy space to live.

Velda..... Good to see you peek in from time to time. My sympathies for the loss of you DBIL, but we know that there is a new happier life ahead for him.

Flo.... I think my DIL Kris has every kitchen gadget there is and the food processor is one of her favorites.. She uses that to make her pie dough ! Do you use yours a lot? I have my DSIL's Kitchenaide stand mixer because it won't fit in their RV... I'm enjoying it so much she might not get it back!

Kathy.... Don't you hate that... when the bread won't rise :lol: :lol: I'm laughing because I think I've only baked bread from scratch once in my life! But I've heard that yeast can be tricky... if the water is too hot it won't rise and if it's too cool it won't rise. Which is probably why I buy the frozen loaves at the grocery store. In any case, I hope you have better luck with the next batch.

I'm determined to get things DONE today... clean up messes, put the lights back on the Christmas tree, maybe even wash a dirty floor. Don't think there will be a lot of FUN involved, but it's time to clean. I've been walking around here using both my names... as in " Mary Margaret... you have to clean up this mess" so you know I'm in trouble.
Will need more coffee and some rockin' music!

Wishing you all a very Happy Thursday!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:38 am

Chriss - that lady was Caroline 1948 - and I've been thinking of her a lot lately, too. I bought 2 table toppers from her years ago. One is Fall/Thanksgiving, and the other is Christmas. I just changed them out last weekend, and wondered if she ever checks in or if anyone is in touch with her. I used to have a nice list of addresses for my forum friends, but somehow that got wiped out with a new computer. She lived in Missouri. Had a second grandchild - a boy, I think his name was Nathan, but since that is so close to Natalie, I wonder if I am not remembering very well.

I still love reading all the posts, just never think I have anything of significance to report on. I am still quilting every day. Our youngest granddaughter (she's 26) came up from GA a couple weeks ago and spent 3 days with me attempting to "organize the sewing room". Bless her, we really did make progress, but I am slowed by not wanting to throw ANY fabric out. Made a big pile to take to our Monday morning charity group, and another pile of things - fabric and tools and books and patterns - to take for the 'free table' at the quilt guild. Trouble is: I don't drive at night anymore, and the guild meets about an hour away, where the only times I can go is in the summer, and still get home before dark. Summer seems a long way off. So I spend a lot of time cutting scraps into squares or strips that I hope I can use some day. I have come to realize that I can't possibly live long enough to use up all I have!

Love to all my QIAD Forum Friends!!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

Return to β€œSew ins”