Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December 5th 2022 Monday

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: December 5th 2022 Monday

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:05 am

Good morning everyone!
Kathy, what kind of cookies are the sandwich ones?
Maryq, your Evie sounds like Jazmyne, a real chatterbox! I can't help but giggle sometimes when she's bouncing from one subject to the next LOL and we should know all her friends now because she's always saying their names, too fun!
Valerie, sorry you have to go back for your dad's meds they didn't fill, probably frustrating for sure. Sounds like your having great sew in days!
Jana, we got rain and heavy fog, no flakes.... Can you share please? We went into a bar restaurant place before we were married and they had a train running all over along and through the walls, it was so cool! I bet yours is off the wall awesome!!
Flo, your granddaughter will love it!!
Chriss, I hope you find neat things at the thrift store!
Lois, I love craft shows too, I really missed them going on the past couple of years.... I'm glad they're back! I hope the chiropractor gets you fixed up.
Maryz, I told Maria we'd be delivering the stocking, gotta get me some grands hugs in ❀️ we'll go before the 12th, possibly this weekend 🀞
Praying Autumn carries to full termπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Judi, could you come on down and help me wrap please? You sure are organized and ready! Your Christmas event sounds amazing!!

I had a bad night (legs were hurting from sitting so long at the movie), got up at 2:30 and took ibuprofen and went back to bed at 4:30, slept till after 8 LOL so I'm running really late. But it was worth it, the movie was awesome great to me, we watched Wakanda!

Prayers for Valerie's DD, Becca and CA, Shirley Mae and Rod, Sophia and anyone else in need πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Have a great day!
Tina

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 am

Good morning all! Just got back from my Monday breakfast at Bob Evans. It was delicious as usual. Got 5 big totes of Christmas decorations up yesterday. Mostly they are my Santa Claus collection. I have about 20 large ones I set around the house. My 25 Nativity scenes stay up all year on my mantles but I only put out the Santas at Christmas. I will put the tree up this week. I only have a 4' tree any more since my big one finally bit the dust. Just didn't feel I needed another 7 footer so it sits on a small table. Also will put up stockings on the hearth and decorate the archway. Getting house ready for my grandoggy Sadie who will be staying with me for about 10 days while Rob finds a place to live in Southern Indiana for his new job. I have fenced in yard so Sadie and Smoke can play in the yard together and I don't have to walk her.

Well better get going. Have a good day all!
Sherry

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:42 am

Update Soph has no fever today but a nasty sore throat has set in...DD thinks she will tke her to the Dr for a check....but no fever is a positive sign...She is still achy but was able to eat a bagel...plus drinking vitamin water,,,,thanks for yor prayers and concerns....
VAL Ken retired at 62 as his company attritioned him out with a severance package. He was kind of excited and prepared himself to do all kinds of things,,,,after a short time he got restless and crabby and complained bout not using his brain any more.......one night at a hockey game he saw a add at the rink for a service mnager,,,he said it was part time and only the hours he wanted to work....so he took the job and he works 35 hrs a week at this job....then he took another service job with a mechanical contractor,,,another part time only when they need him....between these 2 jobs he is working every day and absolutely loves it....he is using his skills and putting a chunk of change in the piggy bank..and he loves it....both companies pretty much let him take off when he wants and work when he wants ( which is every day) Some men are not good retired...he is one of them. Women retire becaised they have another job anyway....I left nursing at 62 and have been busier than I could ever imagine,,,,don't know when I had time to work.....I do LOVE retirement,,,since technically I have many other jobs.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:14 am

Has anyone gotten any further updates from Becca?

Just FYI, Medication is still not ready. Now they tell me it's not in stock! I am to call at noon and see if it came in. Normally I would just have it filled in town but on Base it's $857! Thank God his military covers it. Not sure what off base coverage would be.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to β€œSew ins”