Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday December 4,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday December 4,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:12 am

Good morning Everyone

It's cold here it in the 30's oh well it's December :lol: .
Yesterday I put my borders on the snowflake ❄ quilt so now that's finished.
I also got my 2 patterns for ON WANDER LANE I haven't looked at them yet so I will look at them later.
We are going to a craft fair today so that ought to be fun I want to see what people are making today.

Then when we get back I will do nothing my hip is still sore so there will definitely be a trip to the chiropractor.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday December 4,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:34 am

Good morning Lois....I was up at 545...emptied the dishwasher , and up here,,,I brought up the las t of the christmas gifts that came over the weekend. I will wrap them today. I am home ....Sophia got sick at the tournament and ran a 103 fever...she was sad to leave the hockey tournament but several girls were sick and coughing and they stayed,,,With all of Sophia's problems...Colleen felt better if she was home closer to her drs if needed. So that said I came home after the hockey game yesterday. ( boys won and are in first place in their division)
So today might be a quiet day here, I have a little laundry I can do and figure out something for dinner,,,supper,,,or what ever you call it. A lady at the store told me Canadians call it supper (and southerners) and we call it dinner,,,Ken being half canadian (french)has always called it supper so thats what i do...too.
Might bake some cookies today it is cold ...21 here,,,and this afternoon we have the Christmas Festival in our town so Ken and I will walk up town and have hot chocolate ( hot cocoa) ???What do you call it and is there a difference??, There is a craft vendors area there in the VFW,,,so I will check that out (meet you there lois?) also see whats folks are making this year,
Well I need coffee and get my self dressed hair combed,,,Have a wonderful day feel better if you have the bugs,,, A WOO HOO to Sherri( Quiltmom) her Michigan Wolverines one a pivitol game yesterday,,,and God Rest the souls of those who have passed this week..( quite of few we have heard of)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - Happy Birthday a day late! I hope there was fun in your day yesterday.

LOIS - Yay for finishing your snowflake! did you buy just the patterns or the full kits of the Wander Lane?

KATHY - Hope you slept better last night. You reminded me of cinnamon toast. I haven't had that in a very long time!

IZZY - I'm glad you're feeling better. New floors! Nice! Your household has been very busy!

JANA - You're getting a machine! you're getting a machine! A month or two ago, you were hinting around that you wouldn't mind a new ____________ machine from Santa. Embroidery, perhaps? I forget. Maybe Santa listened better than I did!

CHRISS - did you go to the craft fairs? Did you win anything in the raffle?

VAL - I thought your DD lived in that area, but then you have more family in other places so I wasn't sure if I was thinking of the right person. How many kids do you have?

TINA - we just watched Home Alone, too. Cute movie. We also watched Christmas Story and Christmas Story 2. "2" wasn't as good but still kept us entertained. Well, me, anyway. Bill slept through them all!

JUDI - how is Sophia feeling this morning? Have you heard? So sorry she is sick. Wise of mom and dad to bring her home. Have fun at the festival today! I wish Gig Harbor had a Christmas festival. I think things like cocoa/hot chocolate might be regional. Having so many easterners join the family over the years, I find many things like that - outdoors vs outside, purse vs pocketbook, pop vs soda, campers vs RV's. In the old days, I think the noon meal was usually the bigger meal and was called dinner and the evening meal, often lighter, was called supper.

Yesterday we cleaned, grocery shopped, and did some other, smaller chores around here. I dug through my sewing projects and decided to make the blocks for the River/Woods project. It will go quickly. I need to pick up the embroidery pace, though. I was working on it last night when texts started coming in . .

We had some sad news from home. Our neighbor, Vicki, has passed away. Her DD called us saying her mom was missing and could we pull up anything from our security cameras that might give them a hint as to what happened. Bill asked if they had checked her property and ours because we found Vicki on the ground once and she wasn't able to get up. So, by the time Bill got his computer turned to the cameras, our yard was full of cop cars and and they were in our back yard and Vicki's. They found her finally, thankfully in her own yard but only feet from our side of the line. We could watch all the activity and even hear them talk when they moved close enough to the cameras. We saw one officer looking up at our camera that was catching all that action. I told Bill we better get ready for a call in the next day or so. I was wrong - the call came within an hour. The detectives want us to go through all our footage to see if we could see her and pinpoint when she went outside. They gave us a window of Nov 26 thru Dec 1. A BIG job! That's a lot of hours to watch. We can speed it up, but if too much, we miss any action. But Bill started working on it immediately. Our internet here is pretty bad so he purchased a month's worth of better internet for $30 which makes the job go better. But so far, we can't see anything. They have that dated window because someone in her family saw her Nov 26. And it snowed Dec 1 and snow is still there. And she was covered in snow. Her slider door was open so it's thought she went outside, fell, and couldn't get up. She died of exposure. You know, it's unnerving to watch all that activity, and the coronor's van pull into your back yard to load a body. Thank goodness a few months ago we contacted the county and told them if any emergencies happened at her house to use our driveway because hers is too overgrown for anything but small cars. And they sure did use it! We're also glad we got our new, reflective house numbers from fire dept mounted on a new post out at the road before we left so it was easy for them to find our driveway. (someone drove over our mailbox post a few weeks before we left). Anyway, I dreamed all night about Vicki, our friend and neighbor of 37 years. It's only been the last 7 years or so that she's been mentally off. Now she is free of her terrible disease (Huntington's). We expected something would happen to her before we got home, but we have expected that every winter for the last several years. :cry:

Today we are going to Autumn's house for brunch and to decorate her tree. We need a dose of her and her little family. I might sew a few "River" blocks before we go. Or I might sit and read. Bill will be spending all his "good eye time" watching camera video.

Y'all have a nice Sunday! Only two more Sundays until The Big Day!
mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:12 am

Mary I'm collecting the patterns for now and am going to do my own thing sorry to here that Vicky passed.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:36 am

Mary Regional is probably more correct than anything ....Michigan has its own vernacular....Our festival is tiny and they have music, carolers, craft vendors , cookies and hot chocolate and the museum house is decorated fpr an old fashioned , Christmas,,,Santa arrives at 6 on a firetruck...They have vintage Christmas card displayed and I love the look of them and vintage ornaments I would love to have,,,.but it is like a mini hallmark movie.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:45 am

Judi you will be in your own Hallmark movie today.

Lois

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:11 am

Good morning everyone!
Lois, we only got down to 45 and didn't even need any heat last night, crazy weather. Are you going to be quilting your snowflake quilt? I got my 6 On Wander Lane patterns yesterday, they are gorgeous up close too! I think we should start a thread on here in January for anyone making them to post pics, progress, tips etc 😊
Judi, how is Sophia? I hope she gets better quickly. We call it supper but for some strange reason or daughter calls it dinner LOL she lives 10 minutes from us and we raised her LOL
Maryz, such sad news about your neighbor, if the state would've only listened to you and protected her. I hope she didn't suffer.
Your today sounds so fun! I know you'll be having extra fun at Autumn's, enjoy!
I'm still working on the stocking. DD and the grands ended up being her all afternoon and until 9 last night, they ate supper here too so I didn't get to sew anymore yesterday but that's ok we had a fun day❤️
I'm going in my sewing room in a few and seeing if I can get the stocking quilted and hopefully assembled today. I also need to embroidery his name on the cuff with my machine.
You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:34 am

Good morning!

It's a warm before a storm morning, as the proverbial they say. It's only 8 am and we are at 40. I'll take that, like I really even have a choice. LOL!

My big boys were out last night, so they hauled up the big tree. After Church, that's the Christmas POTD. And my 49ers game too.

Frankenjeep is again giving Daniel fits. He had to order a new set of parts, called rocker arms. The original ones were screwed - torqued - too tightly and when he removed them, they warped, hence new ones! Remember the old game show - What's my line- they asked - will the real so n so stand up - Frankenjeep won't know how to do that!

Maryz - sorry to learn about Vicki. She is indeed no longer suffering. Sad and a blessing for her family.

Judi - smart DD to have Sophia come home. There's too much out there to catch.

Well, time to get decent for Church. I think it would be frowned upon to be out there in jammies , but oh so comfy!

Hugs, prayers, and smiles,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:41 am

Suzette, belated Happy Birthday.

Judi, I hope Sophia is feeling better today.

MaryZ, I'm sorry to hear of Vicki's sad death. Will Bill start at the 26th and watch forward or back track to the 26th? Either way, I don't envy his task.

When we lived on the farm, in Iowa, it was breakfast, dinner, supper. When we moved to Colorado and into town, it was breakfast, lunch, dinner. Evening meal bounced between being called supper or dinner.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:42 am

Good Morning Girls

A brief hello this morning. I spent the nite with Evie but she is still sleeping so I came home to shower and change etc. In a little bit I'll go back and pick her up .. She wants to go to a horse Craft Fair over in St. Paul about a 45 minute drive. And tho I'm not one for big long drives to the State Fair Grounds... every minute I can spend with my grand kids is a blessing!

So no sewing at my house today, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because after a quick run to the PO and library... I don't have to leave the house until Wednesday morning for my annual eye check up...

I'll be back in the morning and will check in with y'all then!

Return to “Sew ins”