Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, December 3rd

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Saturday, December 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:21 am

Good morning,

A beautiful, warm (63*) morning here. Still dark, but we're sitting with our coffee and computers with the door open, just enjoying the balmy air.

MARY Q - Are you having a fun time with Evie? I know she will love having her fun and kind-hearted gramma all to herself for the weekend! We both love games of all kinds. Though, have to admit, Ticket to Ride is NOT our favorite but that's probably more about the unkind person we associate it with rather than the game itself. Silly, huh.

VAL - how is everyone in your life? You are collecting quite a unit of full patients in your family. Where does your DD live in relation to you?

CHRISS - I hear ya on people (not just "kids") not letting you know when they receive something. We follow tracking and KNOW when stuff is delivered yet still have to call them. We have crossed people off our gifting list because presents go un-acknowledged one time too many.

JANA - we had a similar problem recently with our car. We left it to have new brakes installed. Got a call - where is the lock key? Oops. So we called our brother-in-law who used to work for Lexus and he said that all started after his retirement but suggested look on You-tube. Bill did, found out what he needed to do, called our mechanic, who then also watched the video, and the problem was solved. Amazing! A new purple Charger - Well, color me green!

TINA - your day yesterday sounded fun with the kids. What movie did you watch? Yes, there is a funny song, "Leon, Leon". I have it on CD at home but it is sung by Stan Boreson, a local celebrity/singer/comedian/etc. I'm sure it was sung by other people, too. I hope your new chiropractor gets his practice set up and you are his first patient!

FLO - glad there will be no roof work in the rain!

LOIS - sounds like your latest scavenger hunt went better than usual! Yay!!

JUDI - you and Mary Q and TINA are both on grandkid duty. Hope you're all having fun, whatever you are doing with them! A Christmas movie might work for your teen boys - and I have it on good authority that men consider that one Diehard flick a Christmas movie.

CHRISS - What's the story at your house this weekend? Had any reports on Baby Theo lately? You said he was due in December so, if all goes well he might get to go home in Dec. But there's a lot of baby-growing time between Dec 1 and 31st. Can you narrow it down? Our babies in NICU usually went home on/about their due dates.

Well, I finished my 30 mug rugs! Hooray! I even posted a photo after a battle royale with post image. We also cleaned the trailer. Today is laundry, finish writing a memorial piece for my DSIL, and perhaps choose a new project. Maybe I'll make the pieced blocks that go along with my embroidered panels, "Over the River and Through the Woods" by Crabapple Hill. I am almost finished with the first panel, which is just the writing. The other two panels will take more time.

And we had a bit of good news. At home Bill's new dr, after an MRI, wanted to do a prostate biopsy. But they couldn't get him in until Feb. Well, as long as we're down here close to M.D. Anderson, one of the premier cancer centers in the country, Bill wanted to have it done here, which was fine with his urologist at home. All his records were sent and after reviewing them, doctors here can see no lesions to even sample! Though they still want to do an physical exam, it looks like Bill will be dodging that unpleasant procedure! His appt is Jan 4 and he will just drive to Houston himself (4 hrs away) and stay overnight in a motel while I remain here in Austin with the trailer and fur kids. As you can imagine, we're both pretty happy about this.

And now, on with the day! Hope everyone has a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, December 3rd

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 am

Good morning

I have been up since early I never went to the chiropractor yesterday I just didn't feel like.
I will be doing more of the same today trying to nurse my body I might just go Monday instead.
Mary Z so happy about Bill's outcome I hope his exam won't be to bad.

Well thats all the news here besides its suppose to rain till this afternoon :lol: .
Prayers to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:05 am

Good morning g Mary. I am on my phone at teenage central. Liam spent the night with some of the hockey team. And Nolan si grounded and spent the night in his room. I am decorating Colleen’s main tree. But she has way more stuff than will
Fit. ( I gave her some and seems the Dmil did also). So
A bunch will not make it to the tree but I got it done for her. Added a few decorations here and there. She doesn’t like a lot of stuff around not like me. I will do a bit of laundry here and Ken will e here on a few for breakfast. Actually brunch of waffles and bacon. All
Is well puppies are waiting patiently to be fed. They will sleep as long as their parents do so when I came downstairs they curled up
On the couch till
I call them to eat. On the weekends their breakfast may not. E til 10. And they wait patiently (good dogs).
We have to take Liam and whom ever else needs a ride to the rink T 1. It’s about 45 minutes away. Game is at 3. I’m off to be grammie. Hope you day is fun XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:05 am

Good morning everyone!
Maryz, that's relieving great news about Bill! ❤
We watched Home Alone yesterday and it was such a nice day the kids kicked the soccer ball around for over an hour outside, then they came inside had a snack and we watched the movie in the afternoon.
Your mug rugs are so stinkin cute!

Lois, I wish I could go to the chiropractor! I hope you feel better.

Judi, sounds like you got a lot done at DD's! I bet she'll be over the moon happy! Hmmmmmm Nolan is grounded, that doesn't sound very fun, especially during a gramma visit. Our doggies are pretty much the same, we like em like that LOL

Well today is more sewing on the stocking, I have the blocks ready to cut apart and sew back together. There's also a Christmas bazaar we're going to and Jaz has an appointment for a haircut. She needs about 5" taken off to get rid of dry split ends. She hasn't had a trim in several years and it's looking pretty bad at the ends.... so I made her an appointment and I'm taking her. Chriss remember when she cut it all off to make a nest for the birds? LOL I laugh now but it wasn't funny then. She cut it once more after that but now it's down to her waist. And she has the thickest hair I've ever seen!
Prayers for all in need.
You all have a great day!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:05 am

Happy Saturday! 90 more minutes then off for the weekend!

Maryz my DD lives about 4 hours from me but have to cross the Sierras to get there. This time of year sometimes you just can't get there. I did talk to her briefly yesterday. She was getting ready to leave the hospital. She will be no weight bearing 6 weeks, then rehab. She said she is properly screwed and plated. It is possible that in time some of the hardware can come out.

Lois are you under the weather? We have a nasty virus out here. Had a friend went to 3 different stores trying to find cold medicine. Everyone is sold out.

Judi hoping the team wins today.

Chriss are you going to all the craft shows. None close enough for me.

I have my BOM meeting today. Still trying to talk myself out of going. But it's going to cost me $5 if I don't go. Also a book I ordered before the drama is in so guess I should pick it up.

One more row on my camel is done. One more to go. Should be able to finish that today. Also need to cut the manger/baby.

Caught up on some sleep yesterday. 😴 I really needed it. Still feel tired but much better than I have lately.

Rain is due back today. I think it is staying for the weekend. After BOM I don't really have anywhere to go so that is okay.

Well this is not getting my shower done. Will need to partially dry my hair so that will take a bit of time.

May all your bobbins be full!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:48 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. We are starting out quite foggy, can't see much and sure can't see across the street. Lots of moisture in the air. I'd much rather have actual rain but will take water any way we can get it. This foggy weather really frizzes my hair.

Today there are 4 craft fairs to go to, local people will be selling at each one. And I may stop at one thrift store. I'm going with a friend. This outing will likely include lunch as they all do.

Maryz, great news about Bill's doctor appointment. Glad he gets to get it done. Love those elves, they are really cute. Someone must think a lot of you to lead you to that pattern. I don't have an update on Theo, since my neighbor has been home she has been taking care of the boys so I don't know much. Richard would let me know that the package he was expecting had not been delivered, but not that it had been delivered. He is away on a conference and will be home today. He will call me later and let me know what a wonderful mom I am.

Lois, hope your trip to the chiropractor on Monday produces results.

Judi, kudos to Liams mom and dad. Kids don't seem to get punishment anymore and your kids are being stelar parents. Give each a high five from me. I love when parents parent. I'm in for waffles and bacon.

Tina, I can still picture Jaz with that cute little smile and big dimples and the new hair cut she created all by herself. I'm sure the birds were very thankful that year. She was adorable then and is adorable now.

Valerie, Yep, going to the craft fairs. I really would have liked to have gone to the one in Yosemite yesterday, but I just wasn't available. Your DD really did a number on her foot. six weeks of no weight on her foot really puts a damper on cooking Christmas dinner, hope her DH is a good cook. Enjoy the BOM meeting.

Need a quick light breakfast then off to the craft fairs. One has a great raffle. 35 tickets for $20. They give you a number and instead of writing your name and phone number on each ticket you write your name and phone number on a list next to the number they give you. I bought some tickets last night and am number 75. You put your tickets in the bag next to the prize you want to win. It's a fun raffle

Well, I need a shower and if Valerie has saved me some hot water, I will go have one now. You all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:51 am

Good morning, from giggle central!

The little girls were up late last night and are up and at it already this morning! Someone, me, needs to figure out, and bottle, and sell all that energy! I'd be rich and oh, the cotton I could buy! But then again I need some of that energy! The energizer bunny's batteries are no match for those three! We are having the elf on the shelf here, it's a girl elf, well she was hiding in the family bathroom and the three of them had a fit, that Daniel, a boy, went to the bathroom with the girl elf in there. That will need to change!

We're cold today . And will stay cold. I got up some Christmas and more after awhile. Hopefully most of it today.

I know one of my gifts for Christmas, totally by accident. I wasn't snooping or anything like that. The shop where it's coming from called here and of course I answered the phone. They told me my machine was in, I said OK , thank you. Then proceeded to let Scrooge's co-hort in crime, Sarah,
know what happened. I will play dumb about knowing for Scrooge. The shop was told to call her cell phone but goofed. She was quite mad. I don't know quite what machine, but since that shop doesn't carry my big Pfaff embroidery, it's not that one.

Well, Grandma promised doughnut holes for breakfast, so better get on that!

Hugs,
Jana

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:26 am

Good morning ladies I’ve been battling the stomach bug all week so haven’t been on here to catch up. Looks like everyone’s busy. I will be busy as well trying to quilt the last of my quilts to go to Germany this week. DS was putting in new floors in our bedroom and Dds bedroom, so my house has been topsy-turvy, I am working on uglies today and getting the house back together and going to start some Christmas decorations. I’m looking out the window right now as my momma deer and her baby are walking around in the front yard. Bless their hearts they’re looking for something to eat. They love my bushes up here by the house .
I posted in ss too update 🥰
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:28 am

Chriss not sure about Christmas plans. DD's DH is to have rotator cuff surgery on the 6th. He will be without an arm for several weeks.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:00 pm

Good Dull Dark Rainy Afternoom........

Surprise, up all night! Slept till 11:10 & feeling drugged & tired. I'm sure cinnamon toast & tea will help.
Maryz, so happy to hear DH's news. Love answered prayers.
No idea where my day will go right now I have the movie "Matilda" from 1996. I just love, so sweet & ends happily!

Maryz........you mug rugs are great. They will make some people happy.

Lois......hope your body was cooperative today.

Judi.......looks like Grand Central Station of children's comings & goings with you!

Tina........Happy sewing! Have a wonderful time at the Christmas bazaar.

Val......Good to hear DD has been put back together. Prayers for a fast healing. I remember BOM classes like that, $5. They do not do that here.

Chriss......lucky you.....hope you find the item of your dreams today!

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”