Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November 28th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday November 28th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:18 am

Good morning It is dark and cold in the 30s...will be cloudy all day but I think the rain has stopped///had it been snow we would for sure be snowed in.
A busy week this week tonight is the only night we have no plans...Ryker has a hockey game tues, weds we have dinner plans with some friends, thursday Liam has a hockey game and friday I head to DDs to stay with the boys. so my days have to be filled with decorating for it to get done...Today I need to run to for lunch meat and things for kens lunch...I made turkey salad for today the last of the thanksgiving feast, so tacos for supper.
My new light bulbs came so the village can get done today, and i will get the trees in the stands to fluff I never got it done yesterday,,,,we went to drop off all the stuff at the grand daughters and stayed and played with River and ryker,,,They are awesome kids...River sat on my lap and emptied my purse...She took my visa card and my cash and put it aside and then put everything else back in there,,,,we had a laugh..
well I need coffee and prayers for Shrley Maes family...I know what it is like to lose a friend as I lost one this week too...Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Monday November 28th 2022

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:50 am

Morning Judi and all to follow,
Yesterday went to church then over to kids house to install porch fence that was removed from our porch because our porch being turned into sun room.
Today may hit grocery store, but someone coming to pick up peg board that is stored in barn from our store in Cali....about 45 4x6 sheets!
Have a sew great day
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:00 am

Good morning,

Yesterday I washed clothes and did nothing else.
Today we are going to my sister's for a short visit to see how she is doing 3 weeks ago she fell while on vacation and has a slight fracture to her pelvis.
When we come back I'm going to start making a list for the food store cookie baking will be upon us before we know it.

Well thats all the news from here have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:30 am

Good morning,

I must have been tired last night. I slept in my recliner through an entire movie, went to bed, and then slept 7-1/2 hrs - a half hour longer than usual. The dog was beside himself. His breakfast was late!!! Anyway, I'm well-rested this morning!

JUDI - your week sounds jam packed! At least the evenings do. But I'm sure in a few more days you will have that house looking better than Santa's home at the North Pole on Dec 24th! Just reading your festive posts puts me in the holiday mood. Your town's festival is over the top fun!

SHIRLEY MAE - I'm so sorry you lost your friend.

FLO - I'm sure your kids will appreciate having their porch fenced!

SHERRY - I hope the shots work well for you.

LYN - I also looked up Leanin' Tree Card company but could find nothing about the history of their name. But perhaps you hit upon it with the tree you mentioned. My sisters both live not far from Leanin' Tree and we've toured the place. Fascinating.

CHRISS - 11 pot pies for the freezer. Great idea! Bill's eyes brightened at that. He loves pot pies. I bet you are doing a Dance of Joy to finally be finished with that quilt! And your son will do a Dance of Joy to receive it! Moose might not be so joyful about it leaving the house. Yesterday we were talking about buying Autumn and Antonio a rocker for Christmas. You can't have a baby without a rocking chair. The mug rugs won't be for me to give, but for Autumn to give her staff. If she wants to add tea bags, she can. It's a nice idea. Though I could be making a big mistake - setting a precedent. I may be needing a similar small idea for NEXT Christmas . . . I put you in charge of that! p.s. I've already made your tissue holders for them all one year - masks in 2020, and jars of jam another year. So, think on!

MARY Q - good luck with your scan this morning. My younger sis, Teese, has a very small house. So she only has about 4 boxes of Christmas stuff. She stores them behind her sectional couch, covered with a quilt, and uses them as sort of a consul table all year long. No garage rafters needed.

VAL - you sound your very busy self! I hope you go see the display at that couple's house. It sounds like it has real meaning behind it. Their DD must have loved Christmas.

JANA - Mmmmm..... I can smell that turkey noodle soup from here! I agree with you - no gray in my house either. And while turquoise is my favorite color, I don't really care that much for teal. Which, even I think is weird because they are so close.

DIANE - I'm sure that Fran will love the cardinals. I know if I received anything with blue jays it would bring instant memories of my own parents. They had a blue jay, named Jay-Jay, that actually came to the glass sliding door and pecked on it, waited for them to hand out a peanut. He would take it and fly off to a tree branch to gobble it down, only to return a few minutes later and repeat his request. I know your gift will be loved!

LOIS - I so love your book pillow idea! I think I will borrow it and add a pillow to my "Little Ghost Who Was a Quilt" gift. I have plenty of fabric to make both the quilt and a pillow to go with the book. For next year. Sorry to hear your sister fell and was injured. Is this Rosie? (I love the name Rose!)

Yesterday was half errands. Bill needed special bolts for our trailer feet. Home Depot, 6 miles away, didn't have what he needed but we did find a beautiful 6' noble tree there for Autumn & Antonio. A tree was our assignment. And I bought a small poinsettia for us. Then we stopped at Aut's library to drop off some things we forgot to give her on Thursday. (and yes, it's open on Sunday.) Then off to Ace Hardware 20 miles away. Bill found his bolts, but that store! It was a Christmas Wonderland! He had trouble getting me out of there! After that we dropped the tree off in A&A's carport, came home, and Bill hitched up our trailer so he could lift the feet and swap out for the new ones. We are now level and everyone is happy. I worked on mug rugs. I got 1 done and 7 more half done. It was so nice yesterday we were able to sit outside until dark. Today, we are going to decorate our campsite, hoist our Thin Blue Line American flag right above our Seahawk flag, and I'll keep working on those rugs. I hope I have them finished by end of next weekend. They are cute, but making 30 of the same things is getting a bit tedious. But I shall persevere. Again, thank you, Chriss. I'm not sure yet if I'm giving you credit or blame, but you are definitely on my radar for this project! :lol:

Have a great day! If you're sewing for Christmas, you better start those engines!
mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:05 am

Mary z yes it is Rosie aka Rose.
Yes that's a good idea my daughter is working on the rest of hers.

I found a corner book mark on Instagram so I made three this morning.

Lois

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:07 am

Mary z yes it is Rosie aka Rose.
Yes that's a good idea my daughter is working on the rest of hers.

I found a corner book mark on Instagram so I made three this morning.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:39 am

Good morning!

The sun is starting his morning wake up. The sky is turning a beautiful red, illuminating the top peaks. A good thing, shows a storm on the way! Snow is predicted for the next couple of days.

Yes, December is fast approaching, but Karlie is counting the days to the end of November. The 30th, to be precise. It's her birthday that day, her 7th. So the night before, after she's in bed, I'll get out the BD chair back cover and my bd table runner, so when she's getting ready for school on the 30th, she'll be surprised. Both patterns are from a Art to Heart book, by Nancy Halvorsen.

My thumb is doing better. Still quite sore, and tender. Besides the gash, it's got a nice bruise from where the mixer bowl attacked me!

If it's not snowing too much, we'll make a quick run over to Harbor Freight. We need a code reader thingy for Matt's Christmas. This must be a tool year for my boys. Aaron is getting a car battery charger and Daniel wanted this tire balancing thingy. Mom, aka Santa is willing to oblige. Yesterday, Daniel changed the shocks on our little truck. He's driving it to work, as Frankenjeep still needs a bit of work. He did get Frankenjeep's head screwed on. Frankenjeep should be up and running this week. The Christmas tools are so the boys will not take Michael's from here. They are always borrowing Michael's.

So the mixer fiasco now necessitates a very thorough cleaning this morning. Daniel did a good job cleaning but, I will do it again. Then some sewing.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:58 am

Good morning. It's just starting to get light outside and I can see some whisps of black clouds on the grey sky. Soon the sun will start peeking over the mountain making a binding of bright pink between the dark grey mountain and lighter bluish grey sky. I just love mornings.

Got the RWB top half sewn together and hope to finish putting it together today. I am watching the Waltons on Amazon while I sew. I would really like to get that quilt layered this week. Jerry doesn't know it, but it will be for him. He was in the Air Force and deserves a RWB quilt. These are from the lotto that Valerie hosts. Lori was gracious and gave me her winnings.

I have the bow tie quilt all boxed up and ready to be sent to my son and daughter in law. After the RWB is done I will make one for Marilyn. Marilyn already has quilts that her great and great great grandmothers made. Then the plan is to use up my flannel and make something scrappy for both kids.

Jerry made turkey pot pies Saturday and he finished off the last of the turkey last night. It was only a 16 pounder but boy it seemed to last, even after leaving leftovers with dad and sending some home with Richard there was a lot left. I think we will have ham for Christmas.

Judi, River sounds like a cutie pie. You are certainly on the go. hope the boys behave and the games go well.

Flo, you are also on the go. nice to see that peg board move, do you still have a lot of stuff left? The kids will surely enjoy the fence.

Maryz, I'll take either with a grin. Thanks or blame, I'm good with both. Because it seemed to be a word problem, I didn't do the math, how many more elves do you need to do? A&A will be so happy to have that tree, will you have a tree trimming party? We gave most of our ornaments to Marilyn and have just enough to fill up our tree, although I do buy some here and there. Great idea adding the ghost book to Lois' pillow idea. You have some really brilliant friends. I'll keep looking for Autumn's staff gift for 2023, thankfully I have a year to figure it out. Did you see, Lois mentioned book marks, you might enlist her thinker for the 2023 annual staff gift as well.

Jana, What does Karlie want for her birthday? You are a cool grandma to make the house festive for her birthday, it will make her smile all day. The kids here used to take cupcakes to school for their birthday's. Sadly because of food allergies and cleanliness of peoples kitchens it isn't allowed anymore.

Today I have Medicare counseling in the afternoon and will go to the post office on my way there. Also need to get to sewing. I hope you girls have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:05 am

Good Dark Cloud Morning......

"they" did not say any about rain today.

I have my Christmas list made & crossed off 2 people! Only 4 to go! LOL...will not be leaving the house once to shop this year. It's Amazon & gift cards for my DGC.

I've procrastinated long enough(& I hate doing this)I have to change my health insurance today. I have a few other important call to make.
After a little more paper work I'll work on tote bags & mug rugs.

Judi......you have a packed week.....enjoy it all.

Flo.....that's a great reuse of you fence. The sun room is a wonderful addition.

Lois........ouch, it must be difficult for your DS being so carful getting around. My elbow is giving me no more trouble.

Maryz......glad you got some good sleep. I'm going to do that tonight. I was up until 4 last night. As soon as I start getting ready for bed I start thinking "I am I going to sleep?" I do not remember if I said any thing about Autumn having a "Baby''. I' so very happy for you all! I bet your little traveling home look very festive.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:19 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday...Looks like it's going to be a cloudy day, at least that's what Alexa is telling me this morning. And she's telling me we are expecting "0.75" of snow! How does she know that? Let me tell you, I'm having a lot of fun with Alexa these days! I got one of those "echo dots" from Amazon and she can turn on my TV and my music and tell me the weather... and what really cracks me, she can tell stupid jokes!

Judi.... How old is little River? She's still an itty bitty baby right? Can't believe that Ryker is playing hockey... he's still just a toddler! Man they grow up fast don't they.

Flo... OMG that's a lot of peg board! I love peg board... and wish I had a place to hang it! I've seen pictures of sewing rooms with big pieces of it to hang all the rulers etc. Are you sure you don't want to save a piece for your sewing room! :D

Lois.. Thanks for the info about the pillows.. I might just run to Hobby Lobby and check on the forms this week. I did dig out some fabric for one... but need to spend a little more
time in garage to look around for more! How is Rosie doing? Better I hope!

Maryz.... Good to hear your home on wheels is no longer crooked! You will share pictures of your home all decorated right? Did you get Aut a real tree? I do love the smell of a real tree, but for me, the artificial is so much easier. Just once before I die I'm going to have a big white flocked tree... I'll probably end of spending the last of the kids inheritance on it.

Jana... There's a harbor Freight not far from my house.. I've heard that gals buy rotary blades from there. Have you ever? I missed the mixer fiasco, but sounds like she might have done some damage? I have my SIL's Kitchen aide and it's wonderful but the other day when I was making pumpkin pie filling she had a mind of her own and splattered stuff all over me and the floor!

Chriss.... Your Jerry kind of makes me think of my Dad.. He used to make chicken pot pie all the time, and he was the one that made the fudge, and krumkake and the jams and jellies. And he most decidedly deserves a RWB quilt. Thank him for his service.! Is he going to make toffee this year? I'm thinking I might try it.

Kathy... Hope all goes smoothly for changing your insurance. Chriss is a medicare expert so I bet she could help you too! I kept the same because it's just so easy and it's been a good plan for me... and get this.. my premiums are is going DOWN next year! Only $2. but I'll take it!

The boys came over yesterday and got all my stuff out of the rafters! So there are boxes lined up in the garage and I'll probably bring some in this week and play with them. I put the Tree up, but need to find all the light for it, and decide if I want all white this year or multi colored. I think as I go through things this year, I'm going to set aside things I won't have room for and offer them up on the Buy Nothing group on Facebook. I have a much smaller area to decorate this year so I know I'll have extra garland etc.

For now I better get in the shower and get ready to go. IF all goes well and I feel up to it after the CT scan I'm going to make a Target run and get some Christmas shopping done and get some groceries. I've never had a CT scan before so I don't know what to expect. They will do one are without dye and one area with dye. I might just come home and take a nap!

wishing you all A Marvelous Monday!

Return to “Sew ins”