Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Nov 26th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Saturday, Nov 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:54 am

Good morning,
It has been absolutely pouring here all night long. When it rains here, it RAINS! Texas really does things in a big way! It's supposed to be a sunny afternoon. We'll see . . . .

FLO - happy birthday, belatedly! Didn't mean for your special day to get lost in the holiday shuffle. I hope you had a fab day with your "heart sister".

CHRISS - glad the binding is working for you. This is how I machine sew my bindings down. It took me some practice but I finally got it figured out. Our baby is a little girl. Since she was invitro, A&A have known since Day 1. And yay! Christmas is coming to your house! Go, Jerry! We will be at Autumn's Dec 4th for brunch and tree trimming. We'll be getting the tree and taking it to them. Kind of our gift.

JUDI - I bet your house is really looking festive right now. When the weather decides to clear up and dry up, we'll be decorating our campsite and trailer. We have lights and flags for outside and a little tree and those cross-stitched stockings for inside. We have tiny lights in our slide all the time, so we're set there.

LYN - hope you're feeling better soon. Wise to stay put at the house. Autumn says RSV, flu, and listeria, not to mention Covid, are running rampant through here right now and her dr has warned her any of those could be devastating to her and/or her baby at this time.

JANA - I looked up the Spiral Jetty. What a fun thing to see! And walk. So did you walk it? Andrew probably learned more about baking when he burned the pie than if it had turned our purrfectly.

MARY Q - So, did you go to the big Fabric Warehouse with Viv? My mom always said holiday meals should be served early in the day. Her reasoning was that otherwise it was just like supper on any other day - nothing special. And I agree with that. But I suspect she also didn't want to be cleaning the kitchen in the evening after a big feast and a long day on her feet! Mom was no dummy! And yes, I'm making 30 mug rugs from the pattern Chriss shared with us a few months back. I was going to make them for Autumn to give to all of her staff, but she asked me to wait a year - that right now they are in the middle of a 4-month renovation and none of the staff even have desks to put mugs or rugs on! So - I'm working on NEXT Christmas sewing! :lol:

BECCA - How is CA today? It is your big day for more family. I know it will be a joy for you to see Denise and Mark again and their family again.

LOIS - great plan - stay home. :D How is your shopping coming along, otherwise?

Has anyone ever heard how things are going with Shirley Mae?

I've only "done" Black Friday twice. Once with Roy, my 2nd DH. It had been tradition for his ex-wife to shop with her best friend and they dragged the husbands along. They both lived to shop. It became tradition. Well, eventually he was married to me. I am so NOT a shopper (except for thrifting, of course, and fabric) But I was a good sport, went along, drank a margarita at lunch, and bought nothing. We never went again, much to Roy's relief. And about 20 years ago, for some silly and long-forgotten reason, Bill and I went, ended up buying nothing but gift cards, which were no bargain, so then WE never went again! More relief! This year we spent our Black Friday doing laundry (us), reading & napping (he) and sewing (me). I got 7 of my 30 mug rugs pieced. And the smiles on the elves embroidered. Then I dreamed about them all night long! lol! We have no plans for today because, even if the rain stops, it is WET outside so we'll probably just do a repeat of yesterday - read, nap, and sew.

Whatever you're doing today, enjoy!

mary z
>^+^<

P.S. On Thanksgiving I gave Autumn the Nutcracker Suite quilts she asked me to make. I posted a photo if you'd like to see it.

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, Nov 26th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:48 am

Good morning,

Sandi is coming down today we are working on book pillows her husband owns a business
and she is making them for the kids so thats our project for today.
Mary I don't shop anymore I just give gift cards to everyone .

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:04 am

Good morning Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas,,,,I had to stop on the village but got some other things done...Seems the village lights are all burned out...so I ordered new led lights for them I have to wait for the lights to continue...so other bins are getting emptied, I did get ahold of my 2 grand daughters that have homes of their own and I packed up abag of lights and things for them..I may drop them off today on our way home from the hockey game....Yes we have a game this afternoon..,,,Didnt make as much progress as i wanted but it will get done...Once decorating starts I want it all up yesterday,,,,,just how i roll...Did have a few phone calls...a very old friend who wasnt sick when I last texted her,,,died on Thanksgiving day. She was getting Chemo and it turned south,,,she only was sick for 2 days...and gone...we were supposed to get together for lunch after the holidays...then I had to call another gal to let her know...so it was sort of a sad day....these are all gals I worked with at the hospital, back in the 80s and 90s...God rest her soul. As we get older we lose more...
Well I need to get dressed and get breakfast ( not turkey) So have a wonderful day Pray for those who need it and hug the ones who are nearXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 am

Morning
Maryz, love the quilt. You are an amazing quilter.
Yesterday didn't go as planned. Right after I posted got frantic call from DDIL. DGD let dogs out. The 1 yr old aussie shepherd got hit by car. She brought him here. Joe had to put him down as no vet was open. He is buried with my Sweet & Sour. DGD is special needs and she didn't understand that you only let pups out from laundry room door. Other granddog and DGD don't understand where their buddy is. I did go out to lunch, but I probably shouldn't have except my friend took day off work for this.
Prayers for my son and his family please.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:34 am

Good morning!

Busy around here early. Last week, the recycling truck was earlier than normal, and we didn't get the can out there, so it's very full and the boys are getting the cans to the street right now. In fact I hear a truck, but not sure which one it is.

Andrew did a great job on his pie. I have made my recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook , since I was about 10! A very long time! The recipe has been doctored from the beginning by my mom, with the changes penciled in by me that long ago. Andrew helped me by putting away all the china and crystal stemware. He's quite tall, so far, about 6'5" and still growing. He's only 16, so who knows how much taller he'll be. The other side of his family are quite tall. Andrew has a uncle who is 7'1". And all the short girls get the tall ones! This uncle just proposed at Disneyland to his girlfriend, who is quite short, and as Cory was on bended knee, he was still taller than his girlfriend!

I will have the little girls for a short time this morning. Kate and Aaron are shopping. The white tree is upstairs and we will get it out, fluffed and decorated. Then some of the other totes of Christmas will make their appearance. To keep Scrooge happy, I must be neat and orderly in how all the totes are emptied. One at a time.

Well, time to get going,
Many hugs and prayers,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:42 am

Good morning All
My Thanksgiving was quiet . But enjoyable. I finally got time to get back on here. I bought Barney a pet playpen which helps. He is a character and getting spoilt.
I am glad to her you all had a good Thanksgiving.
Y
Theres not much going on here. Got my christmas decorations up. The tree I have decided is too big for me to handle so I may go get a 6 .5 foot one . We got it out of basement this year but I really do not think we can another year. I put my back out trying to bring it up by myself. But my house looks festive. I also got some xmas shopping done. Not doing much. Just got a couple of things for Jim and one for Barney.
Unfortunately my sewing machine is mad at me. I have not got to sew since I brought the cuddle bug home. LOL I am hoping since all decorating is done maybe just maybe I will get to sew this week.
Flo sorry to here about the puppy.
Judi You sound like me this year. Had to order new lights and more batteries for smaller trees.
Maryz I am with you I do not go out on Black friday. And it did not seem the deals where as good this year at retail stores. And the cyber deals arnt great either. They better up there game or this cat wont be shopping.

Well guess who has to go out LOL Later ladies

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:13 am

Good morning. The skies are threatening to rain. There are grey clouds, and they aren't moving, the air is also still, makes for a gorgeous sunrise. It will be a cool day. We should see the mid 60's.

Today the plan is to go to something called Cowboy Christmas. basically it's a craft fair full of vendors in Oakdale, Ca where they have a cowboy museum. It's not too far from here but I have never been to this event. I was going to sew but that is on the back burner, perhaps tomorrow.

Maryz, I have tried binding a few different ways and now that I have tried your method I won't go back. Even my corners came out nicely. Yay for a girl, she is going to be so precious. So glad you like the elves. It was a free pattern from Material Girlfriends. Love your numchucker quilt.

Lois, I'm with you, it's either money or gift cards. It is so much easier and the kids like it better.

Judi, Jerry started decorating here yesterday, the tree is pretty sparse, but I will be away today and I bet he loads it up. You are correct about losing people as we age. I've really been noticing the things that are changing as I age. My skin is getting quite thin. I just said a prayer for your friend and her family.

Flo, prayers said for your kids. Add a special hug for DGD from me.

Jana, yay for Andrew. Love that your recipe is written on by those who handed it down. There is a company online (or perhaps you know how to do it) that takes a copy of the recipe and puts it on a plate or towel so that the treasure can be out and seen all year long. That recipe on a plate Andrew could hang on the wall would be a great gift.

Katy, a puppy playpen sounds cute. Yesterday I saw a dog couch on Amazon. Amazing what they have out there for pets. Glad you had a nice thanksgiving. How is Jim?

Finished my bowtie quilt yesterday. Washed it at least three times with color catchers. My blue backing was the culprit. I really could do one more wash to be sure but it's on the couch and my dog is weighing it down. It took me a long time to finally finish this one, it's been in my to-do pile for a long time. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this swap.

Hope you girls have a super duper day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:59 am

Good morning and happy belated Thanksgiving. We’ve been so busy this week I forgot to get on here and wish all you ladies happy Thanksgiving. I’m stuffed with turkey. Of course we had our Thanksgiving mail yesterday so today is leftovers day.
Oh Chriss your little beagle looks so cute on that Quilt I have a Quilt just like that but just no beagle on it 😂
I’ve been in the quilt room, trying to get all of my Quilt quilted to send a Germany. They won’t make it for Christmas. I’ll probably get there after the new year but they will still get them.
Did go on Joannes and get a good deal on a roll of batting on Black Friday always try to watch for the sale then so who is doing Bonnie hunters mystery quilt this year I like the colors so I’m tempted
I still have her other mystery quilt on my treadle machine that I’m working on slowly, but surely I’ll get that one finished
I see everyone’s getting their secret Santa gifts in the mail. Shake shake shake shake your present well nothing else new here.
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:00 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday! Tho it's usually chore day here I think I'm going to skip it today.... except for the obvious messes, I'll give the dust another week to hang out... just not in the dusting mood (but then, who is right?)

Maryz.... Seems to me when my DB was down at Lake Conro.. it was pouring rain then too! Can you imagine the sound of rain on an Airstream RV? I peeked at the picture of you and Autumn with the Nutcracker quilt! And she sure does look quite happy and I think I see a an itty bitty bump! I guess I always fixed dinners late because my Mom always did.. don't know why.. and besides I'm not getting up at 0500 to put a turkey in the oven! :lol: :lol: I think I do late because the kids do early, then they can come to my house for snack and dessert. Didn't make it to the fabric warehouse, maybe today or tomorrow. I think Kris and Viv were going to do other shopping.

Lois... What is a book pillow? The older I get, the less I like to shop for things. I' m doing more and more online and have several things coming from Amazon next week. Though I do like to support local businesses, there isn't much here in town for Christmas gifts, except the Hardware store! The Alaska family is getting gift cards for sure as it cost $50 to send them packages last year.

Judi.... Man, I hear you... once I started decorating, I too want it all UP and all the tote boxes put away out of sight again. I'm kind of hoping that Shawn will come climb in the rafters for me this weekend.. though next weekend would be fine too. SO sorry to hear of your friends passing so quickly.

Flo... Oh dear, so sorry to hear about the loss of one of the Grand Dogs! Poor Lisa, she must be so sad too. Hard to have to let a beloved pet go. With send some comfort prayers for your family.

Jana... When you pack up your decorations every year, do you have special totes for them all labeled and organized? I try to keep all the same "areas" together---like everything for the Tree goes in one box, everything that kind of sits out in one box etc. Not sure how that is all going to work this year in a different house! :lol: This year I have a fireplace mantel for the 1st time ever and I've been watching all sorts of fun decorating ideas!

Katy.... One nice thing about sewing machines.... they will always be there when you get back to them... and they don't very often hold a grudge for being ignore. Hope you get to sew something soon. I'm always afraid I'll forget HOW to sew if wait too long

Chriss... I peeked at your Bow Tie quilt too this morning. Man that turned out BIG and so stinkin' cute! I think I found another baggie of bow tie blocks around here.. now what did I do with them? I did notice the Christmas tree in the background! Oh my goodness, you are so right about skin getting thin!!! I look at the skin on my arms, and remember an old lady I used to deliver meds too.... my arms look just like hers did. I call them Myrtle Schmidt arms. Thin, wrinkly with little brown spots!

Just texted Viv to see what they are up to today, if they are going to Harris (the fabric warehouse) or not. I might not go even if they do.. Kevin is going to stop by today and I"m kind of Hoping that Shawn will come and climb for me. And Tom would come and put in my fan for my gas fireplace. At this point, I don't really need it because it's been warm.. but come January it will sure feel good to flip a switch and have some extra cozy warm.
Will go jump in the shower now so I can be ready for whatever the day brings!

Wishing you all a Supercalifragalistic Saturday

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 am

Happy Saturday! I am off duty tonight.

Missed you all yesterday. My DGD and I took a ride up to Chico which is about a 2.5 hour ride. I have an old friend who was visiting her son. I have not seen her in about 15 yrs (long story). She is very much into Native American culture. She lost everything in one of the fires here a couple years ago. My sister had several Native American items so I brought some up to her.

I did Black Friday once. That was enough to let me know I didn't need anything that bad and I would just rather pay full price in Jan. Oh my what a mess.

I too have been wondering about Shirley Mae and her DH.

Today the plan is Dad needs a bath and clean clothes. DH stayed with him yesterday and he just forgets about all that stuff. I also need to start freezing left overs. I always make way too much. Would also like to get my camel done by the end of the weekend.

Flo I am so sorry about the dog. I bet the DGD feels horrible. Her little heart is probably broken. Give her a little hug from me.

Chriss love the quilt! So colorful. I am thinking scrappy is the way to go especially with this pattern. UHM Oakdale is under 2 hours for me. Wish I didn't have so much to do today. Sounds like a fun event.

Maryq I vote to skip the chores too!

Well need to get going as have yesterday to catch up and today to get started.

Have a wonderful day
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”