Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday November 22, 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday November 22, 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:34 am

Good morning it is partly cloudy and warming into the 40s again...All here remanis the same today I will clean house and bake pies and make cranberry sauce,,, I have more gifts to wrap and I have a little decorating done...I will do the majority of it after TG day. I usually start with the village then the trees then the snow men. etc. beginning Friday Morning,
Our families are the direct opposite here,,,We have live ins who become family immediately as they step into the house..2 of my grand daughters have live -ins, they all call me gramma and are treated the same as the others,,,no exceptions,,,,ex's if they are on friendly terms are treated like family too. one of my "great grands" is Maddie from a previous marrage and she is family too.( I love this kid)..Calls me Gramma and hugs and kisses are given freely. As boyfirends and girl friends come and go..they are all family..for as long as they choose to be...I have thanks giving on the even years,,,and we are up to 24 this year,,,plus the babies. the more the merrier...all get along well..tell me you are coming and I will make extra and set a place.
Well speaking of... I need to get going...lots to do here,,,all good too. Hope your day is filled with things that make you happy....My word of the day is ANTICIPATION.......can you feel it?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday November 22, 2022

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:51 am

Good morning Judi,

Today I will figure out the borders and get them put on I don't know why I'm in such a hurry they wouldn't be able to quilt it till way after the holidays my DWR sat for six weeks before they quilted it .
So that's all the news from here.
Judi any time the kids would bring an extra guest we Alway treated them like family there is always room for 1 more in this tiny house.

Everyone have a great day.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:59 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - If I don't make my rolls, I buy Rhodes Frozen rolls. They honestly taste like my mom's homemade. And my mom won blue ribbons with her baking. Plus, you can bake them when you need them, so they'll be fresh. Yum! Now I want Rhodes rolls! Sorry about the beads. Whatever did we do before Mr. Hoover?? Autumn's not sick - it was friends along our route that have been sick. So no visiting as we travel. Did you get to all your projects yesterday?

SHERRY - You just do it. You get out some fabric, cut it, and sit down and sew. And the magic will happen! Happy happy!

VAL - did you get your camel finished? I wanna see! You had about four other things you were going to sew on yesterday, too. I just can't do that. I make such a mess when I sew and my very crowded sewing room at home is only 10x10. I'd spend all my time picking up and pulling out my projects. And my trailer sewing "room" is 1/2 of the table (Foxy has his basket on the other half). lol! So I only work on one project at a time. It's just easier for me.

FLO - advice from an old logger's (and his wife's) daughter! If there is tree dropping, limbing, bucking, cutting, splitting to be done, don't bother with the floor until the tree project is finished! You'll just have to re-do it. Lordy, our floors were always a pitchy, dirty mess when I was growing up. lol!

JUDI - we carry our 2 trailer 9 gal propane tanks, plus a 5 gal tank to run the outdoor stove. It was only our first 9 gal tank that ran out. We just had to turn the valve to the 2nd tank. Inside we have the propane furnace, a space heater that Bill built into the wall, and our little fireplace, which is also a heater. So our morning was chilly, but we warmed up quickly! I see things are progressing in your "Holiday Heaven". We, too, have always felt the same about Significant Others in our kids and grand kids lives. Even Aut's ex would be welcome in our home but since he lives in TX that probably won't happen. You are doing 2 trees this year? Sunroom? Downstairs? Living room? Maybe you need a third tree! Would Ken notice?

LOIS - You're not "in a hurry", you, like most of us, want to see a project finished! Do you have the fabric for the border?

LORI - you asked me if I like the backing I fused to my embroidery - and I think I do. It does give the fabric more body and certainly will be better when I put this project all together. So far I have stitched the back third of the words panel. (I work from right to left). Can't wait to start the actual scenes. And then, yesterday, I saw Crabapple Hill's "Walking in a Winter Wonderland". I wish I'd seen that one first! So pretty! I wonder if I can live long enough to do both . . . .

Today is President Kennedy Day. Where were you when you heard the news? I was in my 7th grade class room. It was pencils down and hands folded on the desk while the principal played radio news over the intercom. What a sad day that was!

We survived El Paso yesterday and it was a long, but easy drive for the rest of the day. We lost another hour so we didn't make camp until 4pm. We are noticing fewer RV's on the freeways, especially the big ones, than we usually see. RV parks aren't quite as full. And I think there are fewer trucks. With the price of fuel, all the smart people are staying home! But not us! Autumn has a new husband, a new house, and a new baby on the way. No way was this mama sitting at home! Today's run will be only about 190 miles to our last night on the road. We will stay in the city park along the river in Junction, TX and camp among tall pecan trees. Tomorrow we arrive in Austin. Yay! We will unhitch, set up the trailer, and will be off to the grocery store, fighting the last minute TG shoppers.

What's everyone else doing today?

mary z
>^+^<
Can you tell, I have internet and my computer out! :D

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:11 am

Morning
Maryz, I love to bake, but for Thanksgiving I also use Rhodes frozen rolls.
Chriss, tree coming down not a Christmas tree, but an oak tree that us diseased.
I was 3 when President Kennedy was killed. He was shot on my brother's birthday and buried on mine.
Didn't get to drop tree yesterday, so on agenda for today. Other than that I may get Italian cookies made....
Have a sew great day
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:38 am

Good morning!

Still dark outside, but I can see what we call, the beginning of morning, where the sky is just starting to lighten.

Need a run to the grocery store this morning. Last minute things I don't have and need. Karlie helped me yesterday make the pie crusts. We saved out a extra one to roll flat, add cinnamon sugar and bake as a treat. Andrew wants ro come out and learn to make a lemon meringue pie. So that will be Wednesday afternoon. He can come on his own, he passed and now has a driver's license! And what Aaron calls, a critter car. A critter car is the old beat up, junky looking vehicle that are the hand me downs for a teen-ager. This one is the typical hand me down here in Utah, a minivan! I sort of cheat making bread rolls. There's a box mix, I use for dinner rolls, Lion House Rolls, it's just the flour, sugar, salt and powdered milk. You add the yeast, milk and butter, mix, raise, shape and bake. Really, really easy and oh so yummy.

Today the Batt Cave will see me.

I promise no more whining. Here in my family, when you marry in or are a live in, the word, in law doesn't apply. So Michael and I started off with just us, then added 4 kids, who added 4 more, who then added 10 more! Then there's my nieces, who added to my tribe as well. Sandee is very pleased to be considered the oldest of my kids, she has 5 years on Sarah. Sandee embraces the title of Aunt to my grandchildren. Even though they are just cousins. Spoils them too, just not quite as bad as me!

Still cold, the thermometer must be stuck, it's always 19 degrees around here!

Have fun with all the prep work for TG dinner! I love cooking, baking and eating! Cleaning, not so much! We will use the good china on Thursday. Daniel saw at the store last night , almost bought those paper plates with the turkey scene on them, but thought better of that, knowing his mom would use the good china on Thursday. Daniel is always finding fun things at the store. Came home with a dish towel that says, I don't take orders, I barely take suggestions!

Stay safe, stay warm,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:54 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here but a tad warmer than 19 we had yesterday
Our family has always treated everyone like family We always had extras at Thanksgiving & Christmas too a lot Our family numbers 50 now so who would know if a new face appears We have 1 great grand that has a different name but she’s ours in our home
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I will be busy next few days I did a little cleaning this morning and have laundry going
I got so much accomplished yesterday In the line of errands plus a Dr visit I got a glowing report at Allergy Dr not like I used to be
I will give my little baby quilt to Denise to deliver and the hat I knitted for it because it’s so cold up there NY
I must get to going Every one have a great day
Sherry I agree with others just go for it My little baby quilt got me going After my hospital & rehab I couldn’t get motivated but I finally did Plus caring for a loved one is very time consuming which you know
Hugs to all. Becca
Oh I did get out all my wreaths and centerpieces and manger scene and Santa items. May be it for me

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:45 am

Good Morning Girls

OK, lets give this a try...typing with all 10 fingers this morning! So far so good!

Judi... Gosh, It is wonderful to hear your story of your family.... it's just like Mine... There was no "step" in our family! You are setting a great and wonderful example to your kids for generations to come. That all are welcome. My grandaughter Kaya, Jen's add-on daughter from her 1st marriage is still my grand-daughter and always will be. Her birthstone is in my "grandmother's ring". Even my DIL Sara's nieces and nephews call me Nana.

Lois.... Here's my theory, if there is no room in your home for "just one more" there is no room in your heart! And I never want to be remembered as one with a closed up heart!

Maryz .... Oh yes I remember Where I was in 1963 on November 22nd... In a classroom just like you. I think they rolled a TV in for us to watch. When I got home my Mom was crying. It was her 40th birthday that day. Years later she finally told me that she had a miscarriage that day as well. So my Mom would be 99 today! How I miss her every day!

Flo.... Italian Cookies? With all the talk about baking etc... I'm kind of getting the bug to bake! I did pick up flour and sugar the other day... so I'm kind of ready! This year I have my SIL's big Kitchen-aide mixer... it's a shame that it just sits there on the counter! :lol:

Jana... I get so confused with your family... It's Daniel & Katie? Aaron & Kate? Then Sarah and Sandee? Sandee lives down the street right? Who belongs to Stu and Ethan? Karlie is Daniel's. Who does Aaron and Kate have?

Becca... Are you getting ready to decorate for Christmas? Doesn't it feel great to look back at all you've been able to get done! Don't you just want to patt yourself on the back!

Not sure what POTD will be today. When I saw my Sis the other day she gave me a tote box with boxes of old photos slides. My dad LOVED taking picture of EVERYTHING when they would go on a trip. SO there are slides of old buildings in Europe and beaches in Tahiti or Martinique. No people in the pictures, just scenery. So I get the task of sorting them and tossing out the dumb ones. I have an app on my phone that will scan and save the slides. I need to finish up that mess, but it's a good evening project with a light box on my lap. I do think I'll get the borders on the UFO I pulled from the closet and may have found a piece I can use for backing.... but it's so pretty... I want it for something else. :lol: The top is an oriental design, so I think I might wait until Viv and I go to the fabric warehouse--- they have some gorgeous oriental prints!

Time to hit the shower!

Happy Tuesday every one

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:14 am

Maryq -

I get confused too on who is who!

Here's the low down -
Sarah -oldest - DH Joseph (he has the rotten parents) Stuart and Ethan are their sons. Stu doesn't have a girlfriend yet, we are hoping someday!

Matthew - next oldest, but he thinks he should be, Crenda and they have 5 kids - Andrew, 16. Logan, 14. Tanner, 12, Emma , almost 10, and Baden 6.

Daniel - the very busy child - Kari belongs to him and they have Karlie.

Aaron - the youngest - Kate is his, with my little girls, Gracie and Lila.

Sandee - my niece, lives across the street, with Scott, who just passed away. She's my middle brother's oldest and does have two siblings, that live about a hour north, who visit often.

So there's the main tribe genealogy.

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:50 am

Maryz, that is a cute pattern. I have "Snowmen A to Z." It was given to me by a friend who made the quilt. Her and her other friend were making it together, her other friend died after making only 3 blocks. So I said I would finish it. That will be project for next year.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:56 am

OMG just lost my whole post. Chrome shut itself down again. Just know I was here, thinking of you all and wishing you all a wonderful day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”