Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November 21,2022

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Monday November 21,2022

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:40 am

Good morning Girls

Just fast hello.... I'm sure you can all relate to this.... I wasn't paying attention with my rotary cutter yesterday and made a nice slice in my left index finger. MAN does it ever hurt! I'm not a sissy when it comes to pain (I was married for 28 years) but I had to get up and take a super-duper pain pill I keep on hand for emergencies.. I think I went through a couple layers and truth be told I probably could have used a stitch... or at least a butterfly bandage!

SO I'm not typing very well this morning... but I wanted to stop be to at least you know that I am here and thinkin' of y'all and wishing you a happy "blood free day" :lol: :lol: :lol: In other words, be careful of sharp rotary blades!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:17 am

Good Cold Blue Sky Morning.......Are lowest temp so far, 26*

Never went to bed last night. My bad tummy kept me up all night. Doing OK now, I hope.

It's just killing me that my food store has turkey for $.49 a lb!! The draw back is they are big turkey's, Oh how I want some turkey. If I stuffed it I would never be able to lift it into the oven.

Will work toward doing some sewing later.

Lois.....I checked your quilt also.....great job. Love the colors. You maybe a little later than usual but not too late.

Suzette......good luck planning your Thanksgiving. I miss making the big dinner. It was always interesting to see what sides guests would bring.

Diane......your TG plate sounds perfect! Enjoy every bite.

Maryz......OMG, going out to warm up....unusual. Too bad....it must be hard to skip visiting :| Smart cat must be dreaming of quilts.
I keep forgetting to ask you did your son ever write a 3ed, 4th, or 5th book?

Judi......you are really cold.....we warmed up 4' since I started this post. Baked Potato soup sounds really good for this cold day. It sounds like your house is just going to explode into Christmas.

Flo.....do you feel like Santa's helper when you drop off trees?

Val......you certainly have plenty of sewing to work on today.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:19 am

Whew! We made it through El Paso! Some heavy construction but that just slowed us to 5 miles an hour. And the rest was fairly easy sailing since we purposely timed it so we would be going through about 10 AM, low traffic volume. We have about 180 miles to our stop for the night

Kathy, buy a turkey! Roast it and enjoy a few meals and then make yourself some TV dinners. Turkey tetrazzini, turkey enchiladas, turkey chili. I don’t care for the dark meat but it makes excellent jerky in your oven. I like dressing but I never put it in the bird. I always bake it on the side and I never put in giblets. They flavor the whole dish and if you don’t like giblets it’s not a good flavor. Giblets go to the cat. You will need to get a cat.

Jana, if Sarah‘s sister-in-law decided she wanted to cook the whole meal and Sarah gave it over to her, then why would they all end up coming to your house? It’s all OK with me, I’m just curious. When it comes to Thanksgiving, I don’t really care who comes. Just the more the merrier!

Sherry, when I lose my sew jo, I clean my sewing room, re-organize, read magazines, go through my pattern and book collection. I refold all my fabric if it needs it. And then, I choose something very simple and lotto blocks fill that bill. Especially this December. I just plain sit down and do it! Once I start sewing I get back in the groove. This holds true for me with everything else in life – yardwork, house cleaning, De-decorating the house after Christmas, and more! You just simply do it.

Mary Q, I bet that really hurt. I hope it’s not close to the joint. Or maybe it would be better because you would constantly be flexing your finger and it might not Stiffen up on you

Judy, I certainly don’t mind if you start decorating before Thanksgiving. I am all about the decorations! Though you do take the decorating prize!

Flo, hope you find the boots you’re looking for. My older grandson is only 5 foot 8 or 9 inches but he was wearing size 14 at age 14. Hard for him to find shoes, too

Bouncing along in the truck As I dictate. My phone says funny things sometimes and it can’t spell half your names correctly. I will try to proof read before I hit submit

Later!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:43 am

Maryz -

Not that whole side of the family, just adding back our Kate, Aaron and the girls. Sarah too. They mistreat Sarah, Stu and Ethan. My boys are not considered their grandchildren, because Ethan is adopted and Stu is by Sarah's first marriage. They say, they're not blood grandchildren, so they are totally ignored. When all of Sarah's DH's siblings gather together, it's plain and obvious on how they treat my boys. Stu finds all kinds of excuses not to go. Ethan really has no choice and just goes. So the option for TG day, is Sarah and her family will go up just before dinner is served, then with Sarah's health issues, Stu will bring her, Ethan and himself home, back here and they will have dinner with us. The drama on that side is only just beginning, as when her FIL passes away, the MIL can't live on her own, many problems there and the only daughter doesn't get along at all with her mother. Sarah is the one that watches out for her MIL. The other siblings, 5, all boys, are no use either. We got the good child, Sarah's DH in that family. It's a very sad situation, as well as a maddening one!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Mary, Foxy looks pretty content on the sewing machine.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Lori, foxy loves his perch on my machine. In fact, even as we speak he is comfortably settled there once again. Lol!

Jana, I know how you feel. Bill’s mom never considered my kids part of her family either because they aren’t Bill’s natural kids, but from my late first husband, Michael. After the first holiday with her, I let the kids choose what they wanted to do. We Left her to her idea of family. We would Often host and invite her and she could come or not, her choice. She usually wouldn’t. She never, ever hosted herself. I wish Sarah the very best Thanksgiving with her wonderful family ❤️

Travel day is done. 350 miles today but good traveling. Tomorrow is 190 miles, and the next day we arrive at our Austin RV park.

See y’all tomorrow!

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”