Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November 21,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday November 21,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:43 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's about 27⁰ outside and we are going up to about 40⁰ maybe :lol: .
We had a nice visit with the kids and the dog
Zeus has mellowed out TG.
Today will be a cleaning day and sheets need to be done .
So that's my day today.
Thank you Everyone for peaking at Aspen and your nice comments.
I also have to bring my box to the PO after cleaning is done I can't believe I'm so late.
Well thats all my news.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Monday November 21,2022

Post by suzette58 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:43 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
I have to make my plans for the rest of this week for Thanksgiving. I always do that since we moved down here. That way I can enjoy time with the family. It is 21 degrees here right now. When I took the dogs out they just stood there and smelled the air. I had my winter coat on but I was cold. I had to kinda hurry them along. I have the houses and trees done and sewn together on the Lori Holt quilt. Today I am going to cut fabric for the next rows that go between the house rows. Well, I need my second cup of coffee and think about something to eat. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:27 am

Lois--I woke to your beautiful Aspen quilt and it was a treat. I hope I have the patience to work on my Alaska top from Edyta. How long did it take you? Did you work on rows or specific blocks at one time?
You made my day girl!

We'll have 10 for TG with 2 of them my GGD's. Joe and Fran will be be in the kitchen with me and it should be fun. The only food on my plate will bread stuffing with pieces ofturkey breast topped with yummy brown gravy. Leaving room for pumpkin pie with whipped cream (Fran's mom's recipe) There will lots of side dishes for everyone. (not me) I'm day dreaming of my dinner right now. Better get another cup of coffee before I attack the bird in the refrig. LOL

Enjoy the day.
Diane
BRR! who let winter in??? MaryQ was that you?

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:36 am

Good morning

Brrr!! Our propane tank ran out last night so the furnace did not go on. It’s 36° inside our trailer, 23° outside. Bill just took Scotty outside and said “it’s too cold in here, I’m going outside!“ 😆. He switched our propane tanks so the furnace is coming on board now. Plus our little fireplace.

Lois, love your quilt. You are really making me think that pattern over…. But right now I have so much other stuff waiting in the wings so I’m trying to be good

Suzette, you are cold too! I’m so glad I’m not the one that takes Scottie out first thing in the morning. 🥶. So are you having a crowd for Thanksgiving at your house? What are you serving?

Diane, I know you will do your Alaska quilt as lovely as Lois did Aspen. Have you started it yet?? Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds tasty. Why no sides?

We are camped very close to Tina‘s house right now so she is probably cold too. We aren’t visiting anybody this trip though. We don’t want to risk any kind of exposure to anything just before we see Autumn. And they’ve had some sickness at their house. We will catch her on our return trip. We will be in Texas today! El Paso . We hate driving through El Paso. Narrow lanes, many semi trucks, high speeds. I liken it to running with the bulls in Spain. I always breathe such of sigh of relief when we shoot out the other side of the city.

I got a little more embroidery done last night while watching TV. It’s slow going.

Y’all have a great day and I will check back in a while

Mary z

At least my sewing machine is warm

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 am

Good morning I woke at 630 and dark but the sun is up and we are freezing,,,,we were 19 this morning but have warmed to a balmy 25, I got Ken off to work this work with hot soup in a thermos and sandwiches...He will be a happy camper at lunch today...We had loaded baked potato soup last night and he loves the leftovers..
I have a little shopping to do...so I will get dressed and head to the store,,,I need the snacky foods and butter and eggs...The farm was out if eggs tis week. Hens dont lay much when its cold I guess. i might bake a pie today,,,,the girls will bring dessert for TG but they probably wont bring pumpkin pie so I will make one for us...Ken has a late day today so I have time. I did sort out the Christmas stuff mostly the Christmas linens and quilts are ready ti drape across the furniture,,,table cloths,,,and towels...I am ready for the big decor,,,@ trees and all the snowmen and the village,,,,I excited this year,,,I will do my room this week when I change the sheets will pull out the christmas in there It is always so much fun to live in a "Christmas House"
No sewing here,,,but I did look at Lois' Aspen quilt it is gorgeous.
Maryz we had that happen on a camping trip...Luckily our neighbors were our friends and loaned us their spare tank til morning,,,,we now carry a portable heater and our fireplace heater to keep us warm without propane, since we dont boondock the electric heaters do the job on their electricity.
Suzette do your doggies wear sweaters in the cold....My grand pupps after their groomer wont go out without sweaters on....they are a warm weather breed,
Diane, some one let winter in here too but we in Michigan are used to it,,,,you not so much When It comes to TGdinner, there arent plates big enough to hold all the food....I dont cook turkey any time of the year so it is my special food.
Lois your quilt is spectacular,,,when you are done cleaning your house take a trip to Michigan...I will provide lunch LOL
Everyone have a great day,,,I will don my heavy winter coat today...and since the snow is still here my boots too.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:34 am

Morning
A warm up here...supposed to be in high 40's to low 50's this week....I will take that.
Today Joe may be dropping a tree at kids house and I may have to help.....so my day is up in air. Either way my floors are yucky and need some attention.
Have a great day
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:35 am

Happy Monday. Awake since 0230 so finally just got up and got some coffee. I fell asleep watching TV late yesterday afternoon so hard time sleeping last night. And darn, missed the end of my movie!

I have all but 6 inches of the binding on my Pacific Grove quilt done. Will finish that up today. Some errands to run want to spend at least an hour on my Camel. Maybe tomorrow I can get to some more of the binding on my Turning Twenty. I picked up the Scrap Crazy 8 inch set of rulers the other day and would like to try a block or two of those. I saw the completed quilt and really liked it.

We have 42 outside right now and should get to high 60's. It feels colder than that though. I need something out of the car but it's just too cold to go there.

Lois your Aspen quilt is wonderful. I enlarged it and it really doesn't look to terribly hard. I may have to try it.

Suzette I am with the dogs, just too chilly. Glad they were able to brave it though. I will be shopping a bit today but some fresher things I will wait until tomorrow. I am a real stickler about old food. Had a case of food borne illness some years ago and that will never happen again. My DH thinks I am nuts (he may be right) but I do not eat anything that has been in the fridge (left overs) longer than 2-3 days. I will not use anything past the date even if it looks good and sometimes throw things away before the date if I have any suspicion. Might be a bit OCD.

Diane are you only eating turkey because of a special diet? or do you just want pie?

Maryz sure glad you got the furnace going. Those are cold temps. I never really thought of El Paso as being full of trucks, etc. Guess I more expected cowboys? Is it a big town? Be safe driving through.

Judi sounds like TG will be wonderful at your place. Hope you all warm up a bit though. Loaded baked potato soup sounds wonderful. I haven't made that in so long, Dad can't eat all those carbs so no sense in making just for us.

Sherry yes it would be wonderful to have you join December lotto. It is a very easy block.

Maryq how was your lunch?

Chriss is the candy making business open yet? I don't bake anymore for Christmas except for pies for dinner. Nobody here to eat it except me and I don't need it. Hope you had a great play day.

Well errands today, some shopping and then some sewing. Hope it warms up before I have to leave. DD also arrives today with her DH, they will not be staying for TG dinner though as they have to work.

Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:04 am

There will be plenty of side dishes at the table but why use up space that can have more stuffing, turkey and hot gravy??? Although I will have room for Fran's double portion of pie. LOL

Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:43 am

Good morning. It's going to be a wonderful day today.

I always start my day with a plan, and it often doesn't pan out. Today's plan is to run into town and get eggs and rolls. Jerry makes an egg casserole that he eats almost every day and we need rolls for TG dinner. I also have a few packages to mail out.

Yesterday I made a pin cushion and darned if about a 1/2 cup of the plastic pellets I use didn't fall to the floor. I got out the vac and cleaned them up. Now my sewing room floor is free from loose threads, beads and dust bunnies.

Today, after my shopping, I will sew the binding on my bow tie (yes, finally) quilt.

Maryq, did you get your outing yesterday, I bet it was good to spend time with family. I took your advice yesterday and practiced my quilting on my machine. I did ok, not awful. I think I will put together some potholders and keep practicing. One year here Jerry and Marilyn put the tree up before Thanksgiving. It was an awful Christmas.

Valerie, how is DGD doing? Is she liking it there? I recently found a thumb drive, so many quilt patterns and pictures of the kids. it was a fun find. Put yours in a safe place. Yes, candy making has begun. And candy making is finished, for the most part anyway. My son will be here for Thanksgiving. He likes peppermint bark and his wife likes toffee and mounds bars. Rather than sending it in the mail he can simply take it home. Marilyn gets peppermint bark, toffee and peanut brittle. Jerry will put her box together and get it mailed today. He may make a batch of peanut brittle or something, but maybe not since he has to make a couple of pies. I've seen those crazy quilt rulers, quite tempting.

Sherry, I got side tracked and it's all your fault. I googled the cross stitch pattern you are doing and it is cute. that site has some good patterns. I will really look around when I get done here. As for restarting my want to sew. I look for sew alongs on the internet. I've also made myself join Valerie's monthly lotto. I can make one block or many blocks. I like her lotto's because there is no drama and no obligation. You either make the blocks or you don't. Decembers lotto is posted in the swap section. Easiest block ever. I made twenty which will be sent in today's mail.

Lois, I'm going to the post office, maybe I will see you there. Your quilt is beautiful.

Suzette, dongs don't hurry when you want them to. They say cats are persnickety, but dogs are just plain stinkers sometimes. I can't wait to see that LH quilt.

Diane, are you not a side dish lover? I am thinking I will go off my diet for TG and have a little of everything. While not a lot of sides, they are sides I love. My plate, since we are picturing it, will be turkey, dressing, green beans, maybe mashed potatoes and cranberry salad. it will be topped with gravy and all mixed together. When I finish I will clean my plate with a brown and serve roll loaded with butter. Friday I will get back on the low carb train. What is the secret to Frans mom's pie? Make sure and smooch those grands for me. Sounds like you will have a nice gathering.

Maryz, brrrr is right. my goodness, that was cold makes it hard to get out from under the feathers as my grandpa used to call the bedding. I hope the sick at Autumns house was minimal and has passed. My grandma was born in El Paseo. We traveled through there once, I agree, it's a good town to go through and a happy event when you get to the other side. Since your machine is all warmed up it's time to sew.

Judi, I bet it's fun at your house as Christmas evolves one room at a time. Marilyn will inherit the Christmas stuff here. She also has a village that she loved as a kid. Soup and sandwiches sounds like a nice lunch, potato soup will warm the tummy perfectly.

Flo, do the kids have decorations for the tree? I bet your grand will love the lights and ornaments.

Well it seems that I need to get dressed and get ready to start my day. You all have a productive day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:48 am

Good morning!

Oh, I am a stuffing person too! I have a helper all this week. Karlie is on school break, so she will help me get the food ready for Thursday. Right now 8 will be at my house. But that could change at any time. Sarah is having to deal with in law drama. They are good at that. Her FIL had another heart attack. Second one on about two weeks. We know he won't be here much longer. So where Sarah was cooking dinner for them, now the daughter, who couldn't be bothered with her parents, wants to cook the big dinner. Sarah will step back. That side of the in law family has no idea of food safety to keep everyone from getting sick. Which happens every time they eat together. Sarah's DH wants to be with his Dad, but doesn't want the food either, so all that were to be at Sarah's house, may be at mine. I'm good with that, my bird is big enough.

Today will be the beginning prep for TG - getting the pie crusts made and in the freezer, shopping for a few missing ingredients and straightening the house. Karlie will be my sous chef. I have learned that pie crust that rests in the freezer for a time, tends to be flakier. Don't understand the physics of such, but it works.. I use The Pioneer Woman 's recipe and it comes out perfect for me every time.

We are cold here too. Last I saw, 19. We may reach freezing for the high.

Stay safe, stay warm
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”