Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday November 20,2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Sunday November 20,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:17 am

Maryq I did get a message that the missing piece of furniture should ( maybe might) be delivered the 30th of November...so we shall see....
Chris,,,,a house without Christmas trees and decor everywhere is just not happening,,,,,i decorate every living space, even the bathrooms... and I think i would if i lived alone....it has its draw backs...you have to out it all away.....but the plus is you dont have to clean house the whole time it is decorated,,,as no one can see the dust,xxxxxxxxxxooooooooo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 am

Hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday. Dad is up and fed, having his yogurt (snack). Wash is in the dryer, bathroom cleaned. Dad's meds filled for the next few weeks. Break time!

Lois I will need to check the photo section. That is such a gorgeous quilt and I am sure you did a marvelous job.

Maryz I will work some more on my camel today, mostly just sewing everything together now. Not sure how much longer it will take. I need to have it all done by Dec. 17 (shouldn't be a problem). Dec 17 is our next class and we are to have Baby Jesus and the manger all cut and ready to sew.

Diane that is the perfect pattern for QOV.

Flo have a great time with the kids. My DD called this AM and I guess her and her DH are coming tomorrow and will stay through Wed. This was not in the plan so now I need to plan meals. And probably shop!

Judi I have not decorated for Christmas for the last few years but maybe with my DGD here she can come help. Her car is not snow worthy so I think she will be here for Christmas. We will see.

Jana happy sewing! Yes, snowmen must have perfect eyes!

Becca Sunny but cold here too. Cold for us though, probably warm for you.

Chriss will be working more on the binding today.

On the old laptop and it has shut off twice now so waving good bye. Need to get out the new laptop and just use it. Starting to transfer files to my thumb drives.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:03 am

Judi - with all the decorations taking up every available molecule of space, dust has nowhere to fall!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Good afternoon all! Haven't been here for quite awhile. As usual behind on all your doings. Yesterday spent watching my Wolverines win and then the Ohio State win. Next week when they meet they are both undefeated. Will be a great game I am sure.

I have a question for all of you. When you get out of the mood to quilt how do you get your enthusiasm back to get back to the machine? It has been several months since I have done any quilting or piecing. i have stuff laid out but just can't get back in the mood. Anxious to hear your answers. It is not like I haven't been doing anything just can't get back to my quilting.

I have been doing some cross stitching though. Got a new pattern called Baking Spirits Bright from Everything Crossstich and I think I am going to work on it for Christmas. Not very big only about 10 x 10 inches square. it is a cute picture of Christmas Gnomes in front of a gingerbread house. One of the best parts was since I have tons of floss I only had to buy the pattern which was $7.00.

Well better get going. Half time is over, and I want to get started. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Sherry, I have quilt books and magazines that give me inspiration. Or I just sit down and start sewing something. I hadn't sewn in over a week. Then yesterday, I sat down and started working on the quilting of a quilt I want to get done for Christmas. Once I start, it's easy to keep going for a while.
There have been times when I just don't sew.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Sherry, totally understand. 💞
Check out the Dec. Lotto, super quick and might trigger a sewing-thon.
Or, look on Pinterest and search for a pattern idea that might Trigger, 'I want to make that. '
((Hugs))
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”