Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, November 18

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Friday, November 18

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:10 am

Good morning. It's going to be another great day today. Happy Friday!

Nothing exciting is on my agenda today. Sewing and perhaps a Medicare zoom meeting. Rather ho hum, but drama free.

Nothing fun going on here this weekend. There is a craft fair, but no one is able to go so I will likely stay home, saving my money.

Our Thanksgiving dinner will be turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, Jerry's cranberry sauce (made with Jello, walnuts, oranges so good) I will make my grandma's green beans with bacon, onion and stewed tomatoes, and it will be followed by both apple and pumpkin pie. I will have to make dad some deviled eggs. What are you having?

I gave my dad three choices for turkey day dinner. 1) a full turkey dinner with pot pies to follow, 2) pot pie with extras for the freezer, 3) Chinese food. He opted for selection 1 but told me to remember that people in their 80's don't eat as much as they used to. Well then why are we having such a huge dinner? Ugh, cracks me up. I pretty much just do as I am told.

Suzette, why is the gas station putting a hold on your account? I think I'd find another gas station. Can you access your bank online? Our furry alarm clock also decided that we needed to be up early and is now sound asleep on the couch. Love Kiera Grace, such a cute little name, and she has adorable big brothers.

Lois, so many choices for the next project. Does your hairdresser need a new drape? Connecting Threads just sent an email, they have 25% off of their kits.

Diane, prayers for your family's health. After reading your post I am glad my trip to NC got cancelled, doesn't seem like traveling is very healthy.

Judi, yay, the furniture arrived. Bet that was a pleasant surprise. So glad that Ken has his spot and is snuggled in. Surely he can make you some great tables, He is crafty that way. When I donate to the local thrift store I also go inside and shop. My fear is that I will donate something they just can't use and will need to throw away. I like to shop enough to cover the dump fees.

Maryz, I probably would join you in making stories about the people cactus. I don't remember when Theo was born either. He is off the ventilator but still needs to strengthen his lungs. he has vision troubles, not sure to what extent. I also love my view, today the sky is grey with puffy black clouds scooting across the sky. Not quite sunrise time yet but it is light outside. That poor sun needs to climb that mountain and peek over. Would be so wonderful if the sky would open up and drop a foot of water on the ground. It would be fun to see what everyone sees outside their windows.

Flo, wish I could go to the thrift store with you. Around here Tuesday is senior day at most thrift stores. Hope Joe loves driving the snow plow.

Lyn, I also have an OTT floor lamp. It's so wonderful. I turn it on in the morning so I can read my bible and turn it on again in the evening if I have hand work to do. Glad you got a deal on yours.

Maryq, well since you tackled your laundry yesterday I will tackle mine today. I could make three loads into two. I would also like to do the sheets. Give that teenager DGD of yours a big hug from me. It must be difficult to have not only so much going on in the world but with emotions and body changes all at the same time. Prayers for a negative ultra sound, hope whatever, if anything, is found it's easily fixable

Lori, the Wander Lane patterns are cute.

Jana, our town is so so quiet compared to yours. Our daily Sheriff's report mentions cows out or the occasional traffic issue. The sun isn't quite up here either. Perhaps, since you are closer, you could go out and give it a boost. Here is a link to our daily sheriff's report for our county. https://www.goldrushcam.com/sierrasunti ... toGfJlZlVg

Nothing else going on here, hope you all have a groovy day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:17 am

Good morning everyone!

Well yesterday got away from me real quick. Went to Antioch quilt shop for open sew. Was able to the binding on a Turning Twenty quilt I made forever ago. It was actually one of the first swaps from QIAD, maybe 2007/8? It has been just sitting waiting for binding all this time. I just have to flip and sew on the back now. I have one more quilt waiting for binding and will plan to get that sewn on next time I go. I think that will be the 22nd.

Suzette welcome to the new addition. Always fun to have a new baby in the family. Are they close to you? What a beautiful name.

Lois I think today will be wash day for me. I probably only have about a load and half but I have not where for it to gather except the laundry hamper and it only holds so much.

Judi I am so praying your furniture arrives and you can have things in place before the holiday. I am willing to bet that many companies are having these issues considering Maryz had a similar situation with her dishwasher. I have ordered from Ashley a few times and never had a problem. Covid has changed so many things. But boy those cookies sound good.

Flo I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I have stuff in mine I never use and really don’t need to hold onto.

Maryz I am shocked you would blame me. Little ole me? Having used this ruler I am now concerned with your mental health Why on earth would you do this again!? I love the quilt but really think I could have found and easier way. I might look around for other patterns that are traditional piecing.

Izzy what a mess at the church. I can’t believe these people are canceling like this. Maybe they are related to Judi’s service people? I hope you get it fixed. So nice of you to do these quilts. Looking forward to seeing them. I will pray that all goes well with Bill. That’s a big job all my yourself.

Jana most of our diesel is still over $6, a few place just under but prices creeping slowly up.

Yes Chriss, we must watch that Valerie. She can be Trouble with a capital T! Gorgeous pictures, that would make a nice puzzle.

Lyn so glad your missing box is not SS related.

Maryq anxious to see your UFO.

Lori what is Wander Lane? I have looked them up but not sure I am looking at the right thing. It sounds interesting.

Have one patient to see today at noon. Was going to go to a gift Faire in Napa today but think I will skip it. It used to be all handmade stuff but as with many other things has become commercialized. Might just be a laundry and sew day.

Also need to finalize plans for Thanksgiving dinner. Will take the turkey out on Sunday. DGD said she wants to come with her friend.

Might have to catch up some more later. On the old computer and while it worked for a week or so, it is starting to mess up again. I have ordered some thumb drives to download tax records and stuff. They should be delivered today.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:36 am

Valerie - Is the quilt shop Queen Bee's? I've been in that shop several times in the past. Near the railroad tracks, which kept Michael happy while I shopped.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 am

Jana it used to be Queen B's, it's now Hilly's Quilts. Owned by a gentleman by the name of Shawn.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:53 am

Lois, I found them on Etsy. Four Winds Traders out of Oregon. A couple others had them as well. Finding the fabric is difficult. I read somewhere that a shop would have it next June.
The patterns are really cute.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:55 am

A quick hello.
I have to take the lamp back, it has a short. When I 1st plugged it in and it didn't work I thought it was my outlet, so I changed outlets and it worked. Yesterday when I went to turn it on it didn't work again so I thought it might be that outlet and I got out my hair dryer and it worked fine. I started wiggling the connection and the light came on. I think it's too much of a fire hazard possibility and called JoAnn's and they told me to bring it back. So I get to drive back into Austin this afternoon, when the Assistant Manager I talked to is there.
Off to sew.
Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:13 am

Good Sunny Morning.........

I'm a little late....cleaning girl is here. She's so funny.

I'm happy I do not live near Buffalo NY.....4' of snow. OH no! We are a crisp 37* with big puffy clouds. Yesterday for 5 min's we had snow, I couldn't even see across the lake. It didn't accumulate.

I will get to the tote bags today. My SS package is here & I've given it a few shakes. :roll:

Love & prayers................Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:58 am

Lois - Nancy Halverson has them on her website as well. Art to Heart. They aren't listed in order, but you can find them by their number.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:58 am

Lori and Lois - Look at Shabby Fabrics. They are doing a block of the month on “Wamderer Lane”.
Carol

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:09 am

Ok the quilt is called On Wander Lane, as far as I knows only the first 6 of 12 patterns have been released and Nancy Halvorsen has fabric to go to. althought I havent seen much of it. Each pattern is a stand alone small quilt or put them a;l together for a large quilt. I stopped at the quilt shop this morning and they are not doing a BOM but will have the patterns available soon. I got some backing fabric and had her put aside the "On Wander Lane" patterns for me too.....Yikes another project . And I also stopped at the Veterans group and made a donation I matched what Velvet sent and they insisted on taking my picture. I will be working on the veterans quilt quilt some time this weekend. and next week at the guild meeting I will ask for more blocks...LOL This is an insane wonderful world.xxxxxxxxoooooooo

Return to “Sew ins”