Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, November 17

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday, November 17

Post by suzette58 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:13 am

Good morning everyone.
Our family has a new addition. Our niece had their baby early yesterday morning. This is the first girl on the father’s side. This is the baby I made the Alice in Wonderland quilt for. Today I will be working on the Lori Holt quilt unless hubby has other plans when he gets up. When I took the dogs out about 45 minutes ago it was windy and cold. I am not ready for this yet. Well my coffee cup is empty so I need to go and get more. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Thursday, November 17

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:21 am

Good morning Suzette,

It's cold here as well but I don't mind I stay tucked in the house.

Yesterday was chiropractor day and then home I took care of things I had to do then decided to wash clothes and not sew.
So today I will get dressed and sew today.

Suzette congrats on the new baby girl.

Well nothing else new here I hope you all have a great day stay warm and do something for fun.

Judi I hope this is day your new furniture arrives I will keep my fingers crossed 🤞.

Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:31 am

Good Morning,,if I held my breathe in anticipation I would have died 5 weeks ago when my furniture was supposed to be delivered....I have had 4 delivery dates and messages tellong me that the truck was in my driveway....none of that turned out to be true...yesterday I got 3 calls to tell me one of my pieces( that was on the truck last delivery date) has magically disappeared. So the sectional has a missing piece now....that was under the assumption that the truck actually was coming to my house today. ( you cant make this stuff up) I have saved all the screen shot of the messages I have recieved, it reads like a comedy routine.
When I get stressed I bake...so there is a plethora of cookies in the freezer for the holidays. and I am betting more to come...( I love to bake anyway)...but I havent worked on the quilt for a couple of days...I was going to make a new garland for the fireplace but decided to go back to my old one...the new one just didnt look the way I wanted it..
We had a nice dinner with my sis yesterday...she is the next youngest sister there is a brother between us. But she is 10 byrs younger than me and a widow...We include her in out camping trips and outings ( She drives her own motorhome and is much like our Lynn handy and able to do so much stuff.
Well the first message from Ashley Furniture telling me my delivery is today had come through......that has also happened 2 times before...another screen shot for my collection.
Hope you have a wonderful day we are cold but looks like the sun will shine at least for awhile...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:07 am

Morning
Judi I have never purchased from Ashley Furniture, but have heard horror stories about them. Sorry your Furniture still isn't there.
Yesterday I cleaned out linen closet, what a job. Now its nice and clean.
Today errands to run. Not sure what else the day will bring
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:36 am

Good morning

Judy, your Ashley story so outshines my dishwasher adventures. I bow to your superior frustrations. At least you are getting your Christmas baking done!

Lois, I think sewing is one of the best things to do during the laundry. I sew between the loads but I do have to set my phone alarm or I will forget to go beyond the first load of wash! Lol!

Flo, cleaning the linen closet is always a big job at my house too.

Suzette, congratulations on the new baby girl! Do you know what her name is?

Yesterday we did a whole pack of errands. Found the parts we needed for the trailer legs, got diesel, got lost, And then, I don’t know what got into me. We found a quilt shop and I ended up buying The Mini “So kind of wonderful“ ruler, two wall hanging patterns, Santa and Mrs. Santa, and all the fabric needed to make them using that ruler. I am blaming Valerie. She has gotten me all interested in doing another “So kind of wonderful” project. Next time I visit that store I think I will get The snowman pattern.

Today we will be crossing the Mojave Desert. First time I crossed this desert I was three years old and still remember much of that trip with my parents. Much different now! We will be in Arizona by afternoon.

Have a good day!

Mary z

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:29 am

Good morning Judi and everyone else and suzzette congrats on the new baby in the family I saw that Quilt u posted it’s really cute but fabrics a little too bright for me but I did love the tea cups in that line

Judi I would cancel that whole order that is crazy when we built our house 16 years ago all my furniture was from Ashley furniture and I had no issues with them but man if I had that issue they would not be getting my business I would cancel that order completely and go somewhere else

I got the labels on the two memorial quilt so those will be gifted Sunday at church if we have water and sewage line is fixed the gas people cut our sewage line and our waterline when they moved our propane gas tank so that we could build our new fellowship hall
My DH has called three plumbers and each time someone says they’ll come the next day they cancel on us saying they’re too booked up so looks like Friday he will go and dig the line up and repair it
I have one more memorial quilt to make from a recent death at our church so then I’m all caught up this one I’m using a panel I’m not actually making blocks for this one so it should go faster I’ve got the borders on it and now I just need to put it on the long arm and quilt it
Nothing else new here really cold supposed to be only in high of 37 today winter has arrived
I have a delivery of a deep freezer today we are getting ready to put down one of our cows and take it to the butcher so I need a huge deep freezer for her because she is gigantic

Nothing else new here
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:22 am

Good morning!

Just waiting for my little girls to arrive. It's my fun day with them. They both have school, so we'll make those runs. At least the two schools are close.

A bit of sewing for me. A bit of laundry too. And a whole lot of cold! But the bright side, it's sunny out there! Pun intended!

Noticed yesterday that our diesel prices are nearing $6 a gallon. And last I saw, the major railroads are heading to a shutdown in a day or so.

Well, my littles are here,

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:23 am

Good morning. I know I say this almost every morning but it's going to be a great day today. And I really believe it will be.

While it's cold outside, the mountains and the almost bare oak trees shadow the dark mountain behind them. Soon the sun will pop up over the mountain and light will filter through the trees and make the field with straw colored grass look golden. It's the most beautiful time of the day. And if the day starts out positive it's likely going to stay positive. I pray your day starts just as or even more beautiful than mine.

Suzette, babies are the best. How exciting to have a new little niece. Remember the smooch rule, just a gentle one from me. What is her name? So, to remind myself I went to your FB page to see the Alice in Wonderland quilt, I love it. then I got sidetracked looking at your other quilts. The superhero quilt with the adorable little boy sitting on it is so cute. And I love the dino quilt, the little boy looking at it is mesmerized with it. You really have some cute kids and beautiful quilts in your life.

Lois, don't you just love that the chiropractor can pull and twist and make it all better? I think a stay cozy at home is a great idea. I will do the same and perhaps, like you, I will wash a load or two.

Judi, I have heard so many negative stories about Ashley Furniture I am amazed that they stay in business. Once I was looking for a chair, when to their store about 2 hours away, picked it out and they didn't have one in stock but wanted to charge me a bundle to deliver it. They wouldn't let me come back and pick it up. So, I said basically you are unable to do business with me. The salesperson said yes and I left the store without purchasing anything. Guess I got lucky. I had a friend who also had delivery issues. I really hope your furniture arrives before the turkey is on the table. In the meantime, eat cookies.

Flo, we used to have a very full linen closet. When the Oak Fire happened there was a call needing sheets, towels, and blankets for the fire survivors (everyone who lost their home wanted to be labeled a survivor rather than victim and there were 127 homes lost) so Jerry and I pulled out everything extra we had for a donation. Nice to see the empty space in the closet and what we do still have all nice and neat.

Maryz, I tried to see which Sew Kind of Wonderful pattern you bought but there are so many. Gotta watch that Valerie, she tricked me last year as my SS, i'm sure she could show you a pattern and make it eye catching. There are some free patterns on their website that I will download after I get done here. Happy travels.

Izzy, seems like many people don't follow through like they used to. whether it's medical people, delivery people or fix it people, most don't honor their promise to do what they say they will do. The world we grew up in has changed drastically. Hope your plumbing gets fixed so you can hold church, and if it doesn't I hope you can find a temporary fix so you can have church. We had a whole steer in a freezer once. Way too much meat for us at one time. Half a steer would have been better, or a quarter would have been the best choice.

My gosh, we are watching the news and seeing the snow in the East. I'm thinking that Judi, Suzette and Lois are going to need warm socks today for sure. You are welcome to come here, we should see the mid 60's through the weekend if you'd like to come here and thaw out.

Soon it will be time to start my day. Not sure what to have for breakfast but the plan is to make some December lotto blocks and put the binding on a quilt so I can sew it down. I also want to finish up my RW&B quilt from the blocks Lori gifted to me.

Hope you girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss

[/img]

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:55 am

It will be a good day!
Chriss, thanks for sharing your morning view!

MaryZ, glad you found the parts. I will have to look up the ruler and patterns.

Valerie, missing box is a water distiller.

MaryQ, I only have the coupons on the App.

Yesterday was nice going into S. Austin area with my friend, Carol. She knows her way around and that helped. I got everything I wanted at JoAnn's and all on sale or coupon. The Ott floor lamp was on sale. I asked a clerk if they had another one in the back because the box looked like it had already been opened. Didn't have another, so gave me an extra 15% off. Luckily it was all OK when I put it together. Bought a 36" cutting mat to leave here and clear plastic to cover the new table.

Time to sew. Hug some fabric.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:08 am

Hi Girls

Talk about a lazy butt.. I just crawled out of bed at 0930! I think I really should get Alexa to wake me up in the morning. I did get a scam phone call at 0800, but went right back to sleep! Now 1/2 the day is gone.

If I stay and type a note to you all, it will be noon before I get out of my jammies, so I'll just say HI briefly!

Suzette... Congratulations on the new baby ! Her name?

Judi... Crossing my fingers that the furniture appears at your house today for REAL!

Flo.... Always feels good to have a closet cleaned out! My bedroom closet seems to be a catch all for things I don't know what to do with... time for a clean out there!

Maryz.... You found a NEW Quilt shop? FUN! and it looks like you enjoyed the visit!

Izzy.... Your DH has a bad back? And he's out there digging? Is there anybody in your parish that could come help him?

Jana.... I hope YOU have FUN today with your littles! all my littles are now BIGGIES! :lol: :lol:

Chriss.... Your positive attitude is infectious! Even when the weather is crappy or cold and dreary, I like to thank God for the perfect day. With every birthday, I'm still so grateful to be here! Is that the view from your front door? What a beautiful thing to wake up to!

Lyn.... You did well at Joann! Part of me wants to make a little road trip to Joann, but there's nothing I need right now, so best I should stay home!

My hamper is overflowing with dirty clothes, so I better get butt in gear, shower and dress and turn on Mr. Samsung! Today I think I'm going to work on the UFO I pulled out of the closet and see what happens with that. Need to pick up Evie from school today and that's always so fun... Man that girl has attitude! Sweet.... and sour! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your Day!

Return to “Sew ins”