Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday November 16,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday November 16,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:49 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's chilly here and I've been up for a while I guess the wheels started spinning a little early
:lol: .
Today we have a chiropractor apt and then when I come back I have a few things to take care of then I have some wash that has to be done.
Yesterday I finished another quadrant on the snowflake so 1/2 of it is done.
If I get a chance I have to go get a box to mail out my SS gift.

Well there is nothing more to report so everyone have a great day.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday November 16,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:51 am

Good Morning another dreary gloomy cold day....they say the sun might make an apprearence,,,hoping. Today is my next youngest sisters birthday,,,she is 10 years younger than me,,,We will tke her to supper tonight and I let her pick the place...a cute little diner about half way between her house and ours..called the Farmer's Cafe,,,it is true to its name a lot of farm folks eat there,,actually looks like it it from the 50s...no frills but the food is down home good.
This weather makes me want to bake...I did pecan meltaways yesterday and chocolate chip today,,,they go into the freezer for the holidays,,,only a few left out for us and a few sent over to the neighbors...
I have all the gifts wrapped that have come and and all the HSTs pressed and ready to sew into pinwheel blocks...caught up is good. BBBUT my furniture isnt here yet,,,,,,,,,,,they say tomorrow but Im not holding my breath,,,,,they have given me 4 delivery dates so far and still no furniture... I hate to pray for something so trivial but ......... hope y ou are all having a good time....I know getting behind is stressful but breathe,,and love the process....every year I start earlier to stay on track but dodoo happens...have a wonderful dayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PS just saw a new quilt by Nancy halverson...called On Wonder Lane...it is offered as a BOM by shabby fabrics..it is so stinkin cute,,,,at almost $50 a month I wont sign up but it is probably over the top cuteness factor,,,,,,,
Last edited by grammiequilts on Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:11 am

Just stopping by to say a quick hello. I am finally getting over my episode of this bronchitis. It is chronic so Dr says it's not contagious and we just need to manage the symptoms. It's been a rough journey! So thankful for relief. My hoarseness is slowly healing. Doctor has me taking Pepcid daily to help that issue. Seems weird, but it's working. Some ingredient in Pepcid is helping. ??? Go figure! But I am happy.
As for quilting?? I am still contributing to our church projects . I need get back to working on my own quilt that I hope to " hand quilt". Hard telling how long that will take me. Especially when I don't stay at it. LOL
Well, that's it here. Not much new. I need to go back and read to catch up with all of you.
Hope everyone has a lovely holiday season.
đź’•
HUGS, đź’• Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:16 am

Morning all,
Yesterday we went to a Sherwin Williams paint store. When Joe made the kitchen peninsula 4 yrs ago he used a mixture of 3 stains to get color we liked. And we lost piece of scrap wood with notes on it. This store has an employee that is good at mixing custom colors. We think its very close, but Joe will try it on cabinets and we will see...
Then we went to a large grocery store named Hyvee...didn't get everything there, so still need to make a Walmart run.
Cold still here. Staying inside.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:27 am

Good morning

Judy, those cookies sound awesome! My mom used ground walnuts in hers and called them walnut puffs. I have one cookbook called them Russian tea cakes and another called them Mexican wedding cakes. And My recipe card simply calls them snowballs. They sound like a quilt block with several different names but all of the same block or delicious cookie. Thanks for the tip about not using bleach for mold. Now, if I can just remember it. If I were home I would put a sticky note on the inside of the cabinet door in my laundry room

Lois, another quarter done! Considering the complexity of the quilt you are doing you are flying through it! Do you know what will be next up?

Velda, good to see your post. Glad you were feeling better

Flo, hope you get the color stain you want

Kathy, we short people have to carefully arrange everything in the house. I have stepstools in every room. The kitchen and my sewing room are two steppers. But be careful! I hear that sometimes people fall off those and break arms

We are taking a day off traveling. One of the little landing foot pads either fell off one of the front legs of our fifth wheel or was stolen in the night. We have to have those pads so we can unhitch. Bill moved the back ones to the front because The back legs are just to stabilize the trailer once it is unhitched. So we need to go to a trailer supply store and find more feet. There is also a quilt shop nearby I’ve been to in the past. I would like to swing through there and check it out. And we need bread and diesel.

Not much else is going on. Still haven’t started my “over the river and through the woods” embroidery. The truck is full of floating black dog hair and in the trailer I always have a black cat on my lap. Not the best conditions for stitching on a large piece of white fabric. I don’t know what I was thinking. Lol!

I will check in from time to time to see what y’all are doing with your day.

Mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:32 am

Good morning everyone.
Good to see Velda stop by.

I had a good time at the Llano QS. Ladies are very nice and owner was having a sale, buy one yard and get second yard half off. She doesn't want to inventory it. So, I did my best to help out. Lol
My missing box showed up.

Today I'm dropping DH off at our friends and picking Carol up to go to JoAnn's with me. I want an Ott floor lamp and a cutting mat to leave here at the house. The men can visit and not bother us shopping.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:56 am

Good morning!

It's down right cold here! Time to get out the big parka! But alas, it's waaaaay to big for me anymore and I need a new one. I am going shopping for a new one!

Not much here, just our usual Wednesday run with Ethan. Before that this afternoon, I'll be in the Batt Cave, joined by little kitty. I need to do a sort and donate toys that are down there. Some are for babies and my littles have outgrown them.

Do fun stuff, we've earned it!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:12 am

Judi, after Lois posted about the Wander Lane quilt, I I bought2 of the patterns. lol. It is very cute. I got the Shamrock and the Patriotic one.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:30 am

Good morning. another great day today.

Soon I will get dressed and go walking with a friend. I'd really like to skip walking and get some shopping done in town. I also need gas. Walking puts me later into the shopping day and crowds. I like to get in early and get out. But, I need to walk

The Wander Lane pattern is cute. Fat Quarter Shop has two cool sew alongs going on . One is SewSocialite and the other is Simply Stars. I like the stars and might give it a shot.

Well, I need to get dressed. you all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Now that I have figured out how to see the correct time when y'all post (had to change from GMT) I'm amazed that y'all are up so early! Oh I can be awake at 0700, but the thought of crawling out of bed that early, and starting day ? I do admire you all though, I crawl out at about 0900 and enjoy every few extra minutes I take in my nice warm bed!

Lois.. You're making good progress on your Aspen quilt! 1/2 done already. Will it be Queen size? Can't remember if you said you were keeping this one!

Judi.... If I had some extra sunshine I would send you some! Doesn't look like we will see much of it until the weekend. Now that we have some snow it feels like baking season too. Though after I step on the scale (ugh) I'm thinking I shouldn't bake so much as it seems like I'm the one that eats it all! I do have to make some of Mom's Cranberry Bread, and I promised a couple of Pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving at Kevin's In-laws. IF that furniture doesn't come tomorrow, I think we all should show up and stage a protest at the furniture store!!!!

Velda... Good to see you!! Sorry you have not been feeling well. Yes, It's weird that a med for heartburn helps with coughing, my DB does the same thing and it helps him.

Flo... Ok I did it.... I made myself meatloaf after you mentioned it. Now I remember that I'm not such a huge fan. It turned out ok, but I think I'll stick with a zillion other ways to cook hamburger! I grew up on my Mom's meatloaf, and I don't think I liked it much then. She had to stretch 1lb of burger to feed 9 people. You have HYvee stores in MO? We have a bunch up here, but none are close to me. How did you like it?

Maryz.... Russian Tea cakes.... one of my favorites! Used to help my Mom make those every year, and I think HER Mom used to make them too! With Butter being $4.00 a lb. not sure how much baking I'll do. Hope you find the parts you need for the RV! Hope you fun some fun stuff at the LQS and do your part for the economy.

Lyn,.... Do you have your fist full of coupons to go to Joann? I take every one I can find, plus the ones on my phone. I let the ring them up, what every works... works. The rest I give to whoever is standing in line behind me.

Jana.... Yeah a TOO BIG parka! I've decided no more potato chips or cake or goodies for a while, even my sweatpants are getting tight UGH. Not sure I've "earned it" to do something fun, but will probably do it anyway. If I get the kitchen cleaned up this morning, I'll feel less guilty about playing. I went to the library yesterday and got "Where the Crawdad Sings" that I want to read so bad... so I just might take a break from sewing and do that!

I did get my Lotto quilt all done and posted a picture in PHOTOS.. Remember "Finished is better than perfect" As I was sewing the binding on last night, I noticed a couple small pooters on the back, but too late to fix now and you can't see unless you look really really close. I pulled another UFO from my closet yesterday so Might play with that a bit today and see if I can remember what I was thinking. It's a Fat Cat pattern of Oriental Girls/boys.

And you know by now my coffee is cold, so will go get a refill and get my day started.

Will do my best to do something fun!

Return to “Sew ins”