Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Septemeber 26th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday Septemeber 26th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:47 am

Good morning I am off to the scavenger hunt today,,,stocking up the pantry and freezer. then some housework. I finished my SS gifts and have them ready to pack up. did manage to clean my sewing room too...Now i need to get coffee and get my day started. It is cool here, 52 now high around 60. we are expecting rain again today,,all the dying back makes for a brown and messy yard,,,we have leaves sailing down but mine are only in the yellow and brown variety. heres hoping yours are more colorful....have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PS an edit here,,,,,just as the gray skies were over me...I finished posting and the sun came out...it may still rain but I will take the sunshine,
Last edited by grammiequilts on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday Septemeber 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:53 am

Good morning,

LYN - glad to help! :lol: It does take a lot of doing to ready a house to leave for the winter - especially a winter where you live. I'm glad your friend, Dennis, will be able to help with the deck. Do you plan to transport some of your stash and sewing room to your Texas house or just items needed for specific projects? I've seen the brilliant yellow of your aspens in fall. You are lucky to have them in your view!

JANA - Play Doh is such fun, but if you have any more Play Doh parties, you might consider a tarp under the kids' tables for easier clean-up? It's great that Sarah is now getting an entire new kitchen out of a fridge leak. How old is her house? It seems as if she just moved in. I'm glad it's all being taken care of.

LOIS - have you gotten the fabric for your new project yet?

CHRISS - I didn't realize you were going to the wedding, too. Fun! You said your dad was going. And a new dress! Goodwill is a great place to shop, especially since you don't wear dresses a lot. Don't forget shoes! When in Nov will you be gone? Congrats on doing the Smokey Bear run. in 95* heat! Ugh! Hope you had lots of water.

DIANE - A family BBQ sounds really nice. Great menu, too! We'll watch the storm for you. I assume you are flying, but how far is it if you drive?

VAL - October Lotto is up? I guess I better go check it out.

JUDI - How was the chicken pot pie? I haven't made that for a while. It sounds delicious. Hope all your internet stuff is finished. We could sure use some of your rain. it's been a struggle this summer to keep our rhodies watered. Our big trees suck up the water as fast as we can sprinkle. Good luck on your scavenger hunt - our grocery stores are fine, though there are about 5 items we can no longer find at Costco. But Rite Aid Pharmacy has empty aisles. I've about finished up my SS box, too. I collect/make little things through the year so I was almost done before we even had our names drawn!

MARY Q - what have you been doing over the weekend?

Yesterday I got the binding on the motorcycle quilt and made a smaller version (table topper?) of Autumn's Nutcracker quilt with the scraps. Today I plan to make a label for the motorcycle quilt and clean up messes in the sewing room. I'm also going to wash sheets. Nights are getting cooler here and I'm bringing out the flannels. It's supposed to be our last day to break 80* daytime temp, and I want to take advantage of that and put the sheets on the lines. Other than that, I have no real plans for the day. With the pack of Nutcracker fabrics there were also four 2/3 yd cuts of fabric matching some of the FQ's. But these fabrics were of a heavier woven material. I'm not sure if they came all together or if Aut didn't know what she was ordering. Anyhoo - what to do with them? I am thinking throw pillows or table runners. That is today's big project - figure out what to do with these pieces.

A new week! I guess the word for the week could be opportunity!

Mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:01 am

Morning
Yesterday was a day of rest. Today it's finish forsythia bushes. They will be transplanted in spring to back yard.
Mary the tile we are laying is 6x24 that looks like wood planks. They are gray with a hint of tan.
Have a great day
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:24 am

Good sunny morning to all.
Today we're getting our flu shots. I want to do it before we go to LI. We're going there next Tuesday for a week.
MARYZ-- The drive to LI is 10 1/2 hours to who knows the traffic and accidents. Have taken us 15 at the worse ttime. Flying to Queens NY takes 1hour 20 minutes then car ride takes 1 hour or so to Dawn's home. Right now, the storm Ian may be a bad trouble for us but only time will tell. Fingers crossed. The bbq with Joe and Fran tasted real good. Dogs grilled-YUMMY!!

FLO-- Happy to see you finally had a quiet yesterday for yourself. I think I have the same tile as you are doing. I love it so easy to take care of.

Well time for a shower and another cup of coffee then off to CVS for the shot for both of us.
Enjoy the day.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:29 am

Good morning Everyone

Today we will reach 70 and then some 60's during the week we had some rain lastnight

Yesterday while I was looking on facebook I saw this beautiful tree skirt all done in embroidery it was just gorgeous but I can only admire it I don't have an embroidery machine and don't want to invest in 1 I was just thinking Jana ,Mary Q.an others who have machines the designer was Ju Ju.the pattern is called north pole village tree skirt.

Today I will go to hobby lobby and pick up some backing also whatever happens to find its way into my cart.

Mary Z I have all the fabric for aspen but I don't want to start that yet.

Chriss I still do craft fairs it's just that we didn't do any this year because Sandi had to much going on with her health so hopefully next year will be better.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a good day 😊.
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:43 am

Just came up on Facebook memories, 4 yrs ago Leah, Scrapquilter48, passed away. She and I had great chats. I miss her.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:48 am

FLO - Funny that you mentioned Leah. I was perusing other sections of our forum yesterday and found a few comments from her. I've missed her colorful posts. She was my Santa one year and really outdid herself with her creativity and generosity.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:57 am

I think of Lea alot of time her stories with her cat .

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:15 am

Good morning!

OK, Lois, stopped mid read here, went and looked at that pattern. It's really and tempting! I will go back again later and study out the dimensions etc. You know how to squirrel me!

Chilly here again this morning. We'll warm up in the afternoon. Need to scout the yard and put away deck chairs, rug, and all miscellaneous toys that are out. That will give Daniel free reign with the tractor this weekend.

Sarah's house is about 8 years old. Her flooring is the builder cheap stuff. The new floor will be the LVT tiles - luxury vinyl tiles. They are wonderful! Water resistant and click together. She is still able to match what she laid in her music room, and small formal living room in the front of the house. We are laying the LVTs in the Batt Cave too. Some LVTs have a cork backing, but we don't want that , just in case of any water. The other types of LVTs don't have that and if water gets in, you just pop them up, dry the floor and re-lay them. Saves money!

Never made it to my Batt Cave yesterday. Some friends stopped by for a short visit and then my 49ers came on. Insert sad face, we lost, by one point. Nobody's fault except the teams own with a fatal number of mistakes in the last 2 minutes of the game. Oh well, there's next week!

So today, after my Monday uglies, I'll head downstairs. Sarah will stop off at the LQS and pickup the kit they found for me.

Time to get up, dressed and going,
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:46 am

Sunny and 37 right now.
MaryZ, I guess the handyman, Dennis, has become an instant friend. I don't give a key to the house to just anyone. As for sewing to Texas, I'm only taking some projects. I would like to get the Handi Quilter Sweet 16 down there, but there's no room in the Jeep. We've been toting around the rocker glider we bought in Shipshewana, IN. I don't think there's room in the MH bays either.
I didn't get much done of what I had planned yesterday. I went hunting through 2 huge totes of books that were packed up during our 2013 flood because the bookcase had to be thrown out due to water and mold damage. Anyway, I was hunting for a crochet pattern to make a grape bottle cap trivet. My Grandma Hansen made one, which I now have. I finally found a similar pattern, for sunflower trivet, in a July, 1954 Workbasket magazine. Back in early 2000's I did a lot of crocheting and had picked up some of these magazines at antique stores and I even won an ebay bid for the full 1953 yr of the magazines.
I better go finish what I didn't get done.
I miss Leah, too. I also miss those who have simply stopped posting.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”