Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday September 22,2022

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Thursday September 22,2022

Post by velvet » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:36 pm

Mary---if I was given 30 quilts to bind I would definitely go berserk. I was asked if I could do 2 and then Kathleen asked everyone around to help with the rest at a guild meeting. No way would I take more than a few--unless it was a last minute emergency.
Diane

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Diane, when I was helping with QOV, a lady brought me 5 to be bound and labeled. She said she needed them in a week.
It was a lot of work, as I had to put them on as well.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Good evening.

Went to Free Sew, forgot all my projects I was to work on. Had an old kit someone gave me about 2 years ago stuffed in my tote. It makes a 12 inch star block out of a mini charm pack so put that together. Needless to say, putting my projects in the car tonight so I have them tomorrow!

Maryz I am using the Chocolate Covered Cherries line of fabric to make the quilt. The shop had all but 2 of the fabrics. One was the binding so I just chose another CCC fabric and the second I could replace with the same color as one of her other lines. The patter is free online.

Maryq I wish we had the color changes that you guys have back east. We have some but nothing spectacular. Up in some of the mountains it is prettier.

Kathy we have been having a bit of thunderstorms here. We have lost power 3 times in the last week or so. It's unusual for us this time of year.

Oops didn't realize it was so late. Dinner time and Dad hasn't had his meds. Will catch up later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”