Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 20,2022

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Tuesday September 20,2022

Post by WeeOne » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 am

Happy Birthday Maryrose and Judi. Hope your day is special.

I have a question. A quilt friend that comes to the Texas campground is asking about round cutters. Does anyone have one and if so what brand, does it work well, do you like it? And do they cut denim well?
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:35 am

Good Morning Girls

Little late this morning, I get distracted by the news that pops up on my internet when I turn the computer on. Mostly it's about the Queens Funeral and how what Charles is going to do next and whole is going to lose their Royal titles. The silliest stuff is all about Meghan! Glad I don't live in the UK!

First of all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JUDI and MARYROSE!!! Hope your days are filled with fun!

Lois.... I see little farmers markets around me a lot this time of year, but I never remember to go check them out! There was a stand in town that had THE best sweet corn and I meant to cook and freeze some, but instead I ate it all! Lots of apple orchards around me too, and now you have me thinking I should go get a ton of apples as I do love love good apple sauce. You are ahead of me in the SS sewing... I haven't been able to even come up with a great idea yet!!!

Maryz.. SO happy for you that you finally got your dishwasher... that sure was a long wait to finally get what you wanted. Nice that they installed it, was that included? My installers did a good job with mine, tho I could hear them bickering once in a while. :lol: Shawn and Kris did mine. I think KC could probably tie some of her quilts if she didn't make them so dang big! There's no way she can lay anything out in her apartment so sometimes she pushes tables together in the common room. Which is just not very convenient, as she is on 3rd floor and common room is on 1st.

Flo.... I hear its a little hot in MO these days! How do you handle doing all that work outside in the heat? I have to say I sure don't miss yard work!

Lyn....Lemon Shine? Can't say I've ever seen that.. Will have to look next time I'm out! Kris's dad Tom was an appliance repairman for over 40 years and he said to always use the Jet dry.. .I wonder if it's the same thing.

Tina... SO nice to see you over here! I just know you have to be so so busy with the Christmas Swap and Secret Santa. Can I tell you again THANK YOU for doing SS! I'm wondering if your brand new AC unit isn't a "lemon" after 3 times I think they ought to give you a whole new one!! Don't think I'd want to be with out AC in New Mexico!

Jana... As long as the kids aren't resorting to fisticuffs... no fists are flying and there are no broken noses... I think they will be okay! They have strong opinions do they? But in the end it all works out. Hope Kari finds the perfect new job for her,... less stressful! I buy vinegar by the gallon too.. it's all I use on my laminate floors and even my bathrooms that are still linoleum. Which reminds me I should probably run some through my coffee pot again!

Valerie... In my old house I could hide a lot of stuff in spare bedrooms, but here everything is out in the open. But.. it is what it is. and folks that know me... don't judge.

Judi.... Do you sometimes feel that at our age... a birthday is just another darn old day! I often forget when mine comes along because Shawn's birthday is the next day. And it's always deer season here so I never see him on his birthday. Hope you have a very enjoyable day!

It's 10:30 here already so I suppose I better get in gear. I have an association board meeting this afternoon, so I'll probably just putts around until then. I ordered some towels from Amazon so I might do a little machine embroider this morning and work on some SS ideas after meeting.

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:55 am

MARY ROSE - sorry! I didn't realize today is also your birthday! So I'm sending extra happy wishes to you. Hope you celebrate in some special way today!

I see that QIAD has Lois's Sparrow pattern on sale for 30% off with no shipping - just in case anyone was coveting Lois's quilt. $8.40 is final cost. A good bargain if you are interested in doing some birds for some buddies!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:01 am

Happy Birthday Judi and Mary Rose I hope your day is wonderful and involves cake.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:12 am

Good morning. It is going to be a marvelous day today. I am so loving this weather, the sky looks so clean.

I have a zoom meeting in 30 minutes so this will be quick, you're welcome.

MaryRose, happiest of birthdays to you, hope it's wonderful and filled with memories.

Judi, I pray all of your birthday wishes come true and your day is filled with blessings.

Maryz, yay, the elusive dishwasher has finally arrived. no more dishpan hands for you.

Jana, I'd suggest giving those kids a time out but then work would come to a stop.

Valerie, love the chocolate covered cherry pattern, will you do it in pinks and browns?

Lyn, A round cutter? do you mean a ruler thing? I have one that has slots in it that makes different sized circles. You put the ruler on the fold of the fabric, cut the arc shaped slot with your rotary cutter, open up the fabric and a circle of fabric appears. Mine is a cheapie that is sold at Joanns, I rarely ever use it but when I need a circle I am thrilled to have it.

Ok, gotta eat something then sign onto zoom. then I will be straightening up and sewing. Hope you girls have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:35 am

CHRISS thanks for describing that ruler I have 2 also and it's on my ruler wall.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”