Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 14

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, September 14

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:21 am

Good morning everyone!
Good news, I am just about completely done with the graduation quilt. I am sewing the 3rd edge binding down. Hopefully, I will get more then that done today. Tomorrow I have an eye dr appointment and my eyes will be dialated. It takes me awhile to have them go back to normal. Hubby and I got our flu shot and the new Covid booster as well. We didn’t have any problems except I was tired but that was it. I am off to get my second cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Re: Wednesday, September 14

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:40 am

Morning Suzette & all to follow,
Chriss I snuggled newest DGD from everyone...I spent a lot of time snuggling her.
Joe took car to body shop here in Miller. When it was put on lift, saw damage was more than just a lot more than what we saw on outside. Process has been started. Best part is body shop about 1 mile from my house. It is known locally for custom paint on restored cars. Good people, good neighbors.
Today I have check up with Urologist, then errands in city.
Have a sew great day
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:35 am

Good Sunny Blue Sky Morning.............

I skipped yesterday because the humidity was so bad I felt I could not breath. I did very little. Today feels great.
I placed an order with Walmart for yesterday. Their web sit is so difficult to work. They do send you a photo of your order on delivery To bad they delivered it to some other house. There was my stuff on someone else's picnic table :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It took for ever to straighten on their site. I know my name & address are on the bags, it would be nice if they would bring them over. I reordered & now require a signature for them to deliver.
WOW....my life is full of all kinds of exciting things. I wonder where that bad guy is?
Maryz....I did put chairs in front of the doors & filled the sill of the one window I can not lock with glasses, the counter too.

Lots of laundry to fold, then who knows what will happen.

Suzette.....happy dance for you! You'll have that quilt finished today. Thanks I need to get my flu shot, booster too.

Flo........ happy you got to snuggle so much, they are so sweet. Hope all work out with the car.

Love & Prayers................Kathy

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:50 am

Good morning all
Just a quick hello. I need to go with Jim to foot Dr. Then will go to Wallmart to pick my stomach pills and more cat litter. I was going to grocery store but decided it was not necessary to go today.
Kathy I have never had a problem with there delivery However I live out in the country. I think that makes a difference.
Flo I hope your car gets fixed quickly.
Suzette Thanks I needed a reminder to get the flu shot and Booster.
Well I have time for one more cup of coffee Then off to Dr office
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:16 am

Good morning to all

Snuggling a new baby is GOD's wonderful gift to Grandmas. The wonderful feeling as they just fit in your arms and into your heart. The sweet coos they make.

Yesterday the group was able to make 18 kits for qov. The group is getting smaller in size. Hopefully will grow to about 12.

Keep safe
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:21 am

Good morning,

FLO - sorry about the extra damage. Glad, though, that you were able to get home OK and that you have a trustworthy repair shop so close to your home. Sometimes the bread lands jam side up!

SUZETTE - Bet you are glad to see the end of this quilt! You've been working hard on it for a long time. What graduation is it for? High school? Last June or next June? What a gift you are giving! And you've also been working on a baby quilt, right? What's next? You always have a "next". We got our flu shots last week and are waiting until our Pharmacy gets in the new Moderna boosters. A few places here have Phizer but we want to stick with Moderna.

DIANE = you are so right about grandbabies. I keep praying. . . I hope your group grows! You do such good work.

KATY - I hope you find a little time to spend in front of your sewing machine today. A few days ago I was trying to sew and my cat's tail kept switching to and fro in my line of stitching. Reminded me of that old song (sung to tune of "It Aint a goin' to rain no more") Tom cat sat on the sewing machine looking so fine and handsome, 'till he got 10 stitches in his tail, and believe me folks he ran some! Cats!!

KATHY - I'm glad you took all those safety precautions when your bad guy was out there. I had to chuckle when I read that you did exactly what I would have done in your situation. I'm glad you got your Walmart order straightened out. But what a hassle! So who ended up with all your stuff? The other people or did WM come pick it up? Requiring a signature is smart!

JUDI - I don't make goulash very often but next time I do, I'm going to try your grandmother's recipe. When are you guys going to test again? And your sister is still OK? I pray she doesn't get sick just as it's time to go home, and is unable to drive her MH. I'm happy you are having nice weather and can sit outside and enjoy it.

CHRISS - I have a partial plan for my elf in my head, too, but every time I try to complete it, I run into some bugaboo.. . can't find the pattern, don't have enough fabric, it won't work the way I envision it. I want this to be purrfect! Thanks for the HICAP info. My neighbor was very grateful. Our deviled eggs are polar opposites. We're generally Miracle Whip Salad dressing people. I add a bit of mustard, some horseradish for zip, paprika, S&P, and dill. And on top, I sprinkle a little more dill weed on half of them and paprika (smoked paprika is my fave) on top for pretty. If I'm going REALLY fancy, I top each one with an olive slice.

MARY Q - did your towels sell? Were they machine or hand embroidered? Those project boards are handy but in my tight little sewing room, just one more thing to store. When I need something like that I use cookie sheets that have an edge to them. I've also been known to use muffin tins when I have a lot of little pieces to corral. When I'm done with that project, I can store them in the kitchen! :lol: An insurance broker is excellent advice. We did that and he was great (and free!) He asked about our lifestyle (lots of travel) and knew exactly which plan is for us. We can walk into any ER in the country and Canada and won't get turned away. Some plans are cheaper but are more limiting. And he keeps us advised as insurances and Medicare plans change.

JANA - I don't think I could quilt without Ziplocs! I keep thinking the company needs to know they are one of my quilting essentials - just like cookie sheets! I was wondering how your yard makeover was coming along. I guess it's not. But come spring - we will be watching for your smoke! Has Michael ever thought about putting a larger gauge RR through your yard? I've seen some neat outdoor ones. And he could start all over again with new trains!

LOIS - nice to have your haircuts delivered right to your home! Just like Amazon! Your storm sounds very "attention-getting". I always unplug my machine, too, when it storms like that. I'm glad you found what you were looking for. When will you start your next project?

Yesterday I did some cleaning in my sewing room. I was looking for a pattern. Finally, I found it but not before sent an SOS to Tina who found it on line (free), downloaded it, and forwarded it on to me. I printed it out and it wasn't a half hour later that I found my pattern! Isn't that just the way things go!? And then I realized it wasn't going to work for my project anyway. Sigh. Bill loaded my SIL, Terry's, quilt. It's a sampler all done in Irish/shamrock fabrics, 57"x99". I am quilting it with a freehand meander pattern. So I worked on that for a while yesterday and will again today. I hope to have it finished by tomorrow. I still haven't started cutting Nutcracker log cabin strips because we took an unplanned trip to Silverdale - 30 miles north of us - on the hunt for some shirts Bill wanted and our Costco was out of. And because I spent so much time spinning my wheels in the sewing room, but today I hope to make progress on my SS gift, my SIL's quilt, and my Nutcrackers. I'll be pulling my cookie sheets out to keep my strips in order. But first - chiropractor. It's going to be a great day here! The heat is gone and fall is certainly here! I'm loving it!

Wishing us all, especially Chriss!, full bobbins!
Mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:23 am

Good morning!

Shortly a quick jump in the shower and then a drive to the airport. We are taking Kari the airport, for her business trip to Oregon. The plane is flying via the scenic route through a Las Vegas. Then we come back home.

Still raining off and on here , a good thing. I have my sewing machine to use and I can make noise down there, in the Batt Cave. Kitty will need to find another chair to sleep on down there, mine will be occupied! Later this afternoon, we make the orchestra run with Ethan. We only have that part of the wild Wednesday school run today.

Well that's the excitement here in these parts, LOL,

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:18 am

MaryZ - it is for high school graduation for 2022. Better late then never. Ha-ha
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:29 am

Good morning I am late to the party today,,,,slept in till 730 then made sausage and eggs for us,,,it was a dreary blah morning but everyone of us is "all better" so symptoms we are thinking we are over it and according to the CDC we are free to come and go...we will test in the next couple of days but mask up if we go out...We are going to the beach today,,,I need a rock hunting fix.....so we will head to our salt free shark free "ocean" Lake Michigan,,,,It is my second favorite great lake ....Superior being the first... Ha it just occured to me t ask for a rock from my SS........I have one from Washington State and from California. and many other places...so if your reading this Tuck a smallish rock from your place into my SS box/ If you can label it as to place and year, My goal in a millon years to drive the archeologists crazy when there is a dig at my house. they will find lots of rocks that dont make sense...
Well I need to get ready to go to the beach hope your day is filled with adventure......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:40 am

Judi -

I should send you a rock from the Great Salt Lake.. We are shark free too, but oh so salty! Herriman grows rocks here as it is the cash crop! We have more rocks than dirt! People pay big bucks for landscaping rocks!

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”