Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 14

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Wednesday, September 14

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:07 am

Good Day to everyone, hope you have a sew-tastic day!

Judi, glad y'all are better.
Flo, sorry there's more damage to the car.

Christmas blocks are on the way to Tina. Last night I made a couple swap blocks, that was non stress and fun.

I have a man coming today to look at the deck and work up a bid. One was here last Friday, haven't gotten his email yet. Another man was supposed to have come on Monday, but never showed or called. Obviously not reliable. Handyman Dennis came Monday and reinforced the front steps until we do a permanent fix. He worked on our neighbors deck. He would refurbish our deck, but wants no part of a complete tear down and rebuild. I'm beginning to think having Dennis do the job might be best. If we go total replacement, the county might not give a permit for the same size deck. If we refurbish, don't need a permit. It will be updated to code. Dennis would reuse handrails and such. It would not cost as much. Someone noted to me that whenever we sell this place, the new people might not like deck and then spending for a brand new will have been a waste of money. Would love any input from y'all.

My DD2, Amanda, has a birthday Sunday, 45th. We were here 2 yrs ago for DD1's 45th and I feel I need to be with Amanda, even though she was here this past weekend. So, we're leaving tomorrow, in the Motorhome. I need to fill the tank, about 175 gallons of diesel.....can I borrow everyone's credit cards? :lol: This way we get another visit and Maddox gets extra hugs from Chriss. When we leave for Texas at the end of the month, we'll head straight south and not go through Kansas.
Off to get pills and dog food ready for trip.
Lyn

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:12 am

Just see that QIAD has a sale on Carol Doak's Paper Foundation for you paper piecers.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:33 am

Good morning. What an absolutely gorgeous, wonderful day. We will only be in the mid 80's today. so much nicer that the triple digits of last week. Slept with the windows open last night and the house is opened up so far today.

Got my MSQC deal of the day email today. thought about ordering the orange peel template for $4, and I have a whopping $4 in points so it would be free, but the shipping would be $5. I'm not ready to pay $5 shipping so will save it for another day. I really can get the same template from the internet and trace it onto posterboard as a template.

I saw foundation paper on sale in my QIAD email. Good price but also decided to wait on it too. I'd like to do a pineapple quilt someday.

Suzette, We get our boosters tomorrow. congrats on getting that quilt finished, what will you do next?

Flo, thanks, so glad my smooches and snuggles got in there. So very important.

Kathy, I so agree about Walmart. I can't stand that website. I look up something and the webpage jumps all around and I give up. Now I have to go see what Mary said to you that made you put chairs in front of your doors and glasses on your windowsills.

Katy, hope your errands are quick and uneventful.

Maryz, which pattern were you looking for? You are right, our deviled eggs are completely the opposite. If I ever get there, I would like to try yours. Wondering if I would rate an olive slice? Thanks for the bobbin full message, I will likely be needing it today, I know I'm getting close to needing it replaced.

Jana, I wonder if the neighbors will complain about the noise in the Batt Cave? You go girl. People pay for land scaping rocks here too. The millions I could make selling big rocks.

Judi, If I am your Santa do you want a second rock from Cali? In addition to Mariposite we have Granite and Quartz. Actually, even if I am not your Santa, I would be happy to send you both. So glad you all are over the Covid, happy rock gathering.

Lyn, I looked on Gasbuddy.com and the cheapest diesel here is $6.21, for you that's just over $1,000. Thanks for giving Maddox extra smooches from me. I smile every time I hear his name. He is so blessed to be in your family. I also thought the swap blocks were quick and easy. My thinking, if you are going to sell the house then just firm up the deck rather than replacing it. Houses here are going quickly and the value of a deck, in my opinion, won't add much dollar value to the selling price of the house? Make it safe.

Yesterday Jerry made me a sort of dessert. Strawberries, cream cheese, and a little Monk Fruit sweetener. 1/4 cup is only three carbs. So this morning my plan is to try some of it on toasted 90 second bread. Should be pretty good.

Off to go get some breakfast then to sew, you all have a fun day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:12 am

Chriss, I use Monk Fruit sweetener and it's really good.

Yesterday was a busy one. Left the house early to take out opportunity quilt to Surfside quilt guild to sell tickets. After the guild we went to Los Rios Tea House for lunch. Their food is so yummy. I had a watermelon ice tea that was delicious. Got home about 4 and then left for guild about 5:30. It was a long day, fun to be with friends. While I was home I got a text from a friend that's been ill. They found she was full of tumors and a complete bowel blockage they can't get. So she will be going home from the hospital to be on hospice at home. Her days left on this planet are few. I am very sad about that. She just retired in April and we were suppose to travel together.

Today I will do some grocery shopping and maybe start going though my scraps. Jonathan's birthday is tomorrow, so I need to bake a cake as well. He want chocolate/chocolate. Super rich.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:18 pm

Lori, I am so sorry about your friend. I pray her pain is managed. Happy birthday to Jonathan. Jerry makes a chocolate cake using the recipe from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. it is so very good, very chocolaty and moist. I also buy Monkfruit sweetner in packets for my iced tea.

Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Lori, prayers of comfort for your friend and for you. I hope her time left is peaceful.

Happy Birthday to Jonathan. I may show up for cake. Yummy
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”