Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, September 11

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, September 11

Post by suzette58 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:12 am

Good morning everyone.
Please remember the people that were lost and injured on this day 21 years ago. I have finally finished the graduation quilt. I call it finished even tho I have to add the binding and label. Plus almost done with the top of a baby quilt. I have to get backing for that quilt. Our two furbabies woke me at 11:30 thinking it was time to go out and eat as well. They went out but haven’t eaten yet. Gotta love them. I am off to get another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, September 11

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:04 am

Good morning

I'm up and waiting on my coffee to finish so that I can have some.
Yesterday I went to the fabric warehouse and just as I thought they had nothing the stacks on the table were quite low no christmas or fall or Halloween in sight .
So on the way going home we stopped and treated our selves to a cup of Dunkin donuts coffee.
Today I will clean up my fabric and put things away I don't want to start anything else just yet I would like to get my acorn quilt put together and quilt it.

Suzette you must be very happy to have the graduation quilt finished so now you can bind it a put the final label on its always great to have things finished.

Well thats about it from here I hope you all have a Fabulous day.
Prayers go out to all the country as we remember all that we're lost on 911 .
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:32 am

Today is a sad day for the USA. We lost many innocent people for absolutely. Painful memories for so many. I pray that we never have this repeated and that GOD helps us heal.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:38 am

Hello everyone cloudy here It is a sad day the changed all our lives
I was awake for 3 hrs last night Was
Thinking of label for quilt and how I want it to look Finally shut it out of my mind

I hope it’s a slow paced day today
Suz I know you are happy to finish a quilt Zits always a good feeling to get one completed
Lois I too like to finish one project before I dive into another one
Diane Hope your day goes well
My DS& all his family 16 are at Hilton Head Island this week I would love to be a mouse & watch the children together This includes The twins Brodee & Hadlee I think all the others will want to play with them
Should be a fun time

Have a blessed day everyone. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:17 am

Good morning,

911. A day so many Americans will never forget. We will all remember where we were when we heard. We had just crossed the Canadian border the afternoon before, coming home from a long trip to Alaska. I pray it never happens again.

LOIS - Is Fabric Warehouse a store where they have discontinued fabrics or is it an up to date, new fabrics store, or is it both?

BECCA - I'm with you - I always finish one project before starting another. Unless circumstances call for a new project to be done immediately. What fun the family will have at HH! I, too, wish you could be a little mouse, watching it all. My prayer for you today is quiet.

SUZETTE - I pray one day you can get a quilting machine. You make so many quilts. You must have a neck of steel!

CHRISS - "If you were smart", you say . . ha! You're brilliant! You always have great ideas. For all of us! Today is Family Day if I read your post correctly. They are blessed to have brilliant you in the crowd. I have made just one elf mug rug so far. I'm still waiting for Autumn to get back to me if she wants ANY, let alone how many. If I were guessing, I'd put her staff around 15, possibly 20. She has two libraries that she oversees and I don't know if she'd want them for folks at both libraries or just the main one where her office is. Not too much pressure. lol! I do this to myself! A couple of years ago I made your tissue holders for her to give to all of her people, and Christmas masks in 2020. "Harley" will be together by this afternoon. Then I will post a picture. This quilt has evolved as I've designed it as I went. I only have to put the sections together now and add borders.

KATY - happy birthday to Jim! 80 is a real milestone! Your "turkey leg" sounds delicious! Not hard, but maybe a little tedious? And a great substitute for cake. My DD#1 and most of her family don't really like cake. I'm going to write this idea down! My sister will be 80 on Thanksgiving. We won't be with her, but I hope someone does something as nice for her as you are doing for Jim. I'm going to send your 'recipe' to my other sister and hope she makes it for my older sis. They live close.

JANA - I'm glad your heat has been kicked! Enjoy the cool. Did you get any wrap at Costco? I get one roll about every 3 or 4 years. It's all I use. But our Costco doesn't have it out yet. I sure hope they get it in! So many of our stock purchases for years are suddenly no longer there. I'm so glad Sandee's benefits are getting worked out. What a shame that an attorney, friend or not, has to get involved to receive what is due her. Just when she doesn't need more frustration and aggravation.

JUDI - how are you feeling today?

MARY Q - What's up with you today?

Yesterday I got more yard work done and separated and replanted a lot of my iris. Ugh! Love the flowers but hate the work. And I pulled all of my crocosmia and dumped it into the woods. It takes over EVERYTHING. So each fall I pull it and each spring it comes back. I also cut all my ornamental grasses, weeded, and raked. Except for keeping up with fall leaves, that large bed is now ready for winter. I need to research what to do with lavender, though. Leave it or cut it back. I have small shamrock plants that have come up voluntarily. I didn't plant them. Anyone know if they can be outside in the winter? I love them, but I can't care for them inside because we'll be gone most of the winter. I was thinking of trying to find a clear bucket of some sort and upending it over the plant hoping it will survive but all I can find so far is my big mixing bowl. lol! Anyone have ideas or advice? I'm not very plant-savvy. Today I'll move to another flower bed.

In the afternoon I got all my 6x6" letters finished and assembled in strips to add to the quilt. Then inner and outer borders and voila`! A finished top by end of business today. Stand by for a photo.

That's all, Folks!

mary z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:20 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. My son and DDIL will be at my parents' house, and we will go down and share a meal. Anytime I get to see my kids it's a great day. I, of course, made deviled eggs as my ticket to enter the exciting event. Is it noon yet?

Yesterday we got a very small amount of rain. Just enough to wash the sky. While I had hoped it would help with fires burning in Cali, it, instead, caused lightening and more fires. We should see cooler weather this week, hoping the triple digits are behind us.

I did get my September lotto blocks and a package for Marilyn in yesterday's mail. Her boyfriend's birthday is the 13th as is Jerry's. Both packages will arrive this week.

Looks like I am not the only person in the I can't sleep category. I woke up around 4am (usually 5:30) got a load of laundry done and hung up.

Maryz, if you went ahead and made 20 of those elves and Autumn decided she doesn't want them, you could always sew them in two rows of 10 and call it a table runner.

You all have an amazing day, I certainly will.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:41 am

Good morning!

Yes, sad day in our history. Praying that we always remember and learn from that lesson. There were, and are, so many that rushed to help, giving their all. The first responders are those brave heroes. May this nation be blessed and remember how blessed it is, and give thanks.

Church is a bit later this morning. After that, I will hopefully play in the Batt Cave. Ethan and the little girls had fun yesterday. Playing outside, playing inside, back outside. I have plenty of flies inside to prove it! Oooh, splash one, translated to, I got one. I have a fly swatter next to me and used it! I hate flies! The kids are good at shutting the doors as they go through, but those pesky flies, hang out right there at the door and slip in.

Daniel made huge progress in the garage. He has added shelves and filled them too. Almost to the point of both cars in the garage. That won't happen, as the second car space is being used as a workshop for railroad construction. Daniel has fixed a area in the Batt Cave with tables to work in too. Kari leaves on a business trip to Oregon this week. So Daniel will work from home, to watch Karlie. We'll take Kari to the airport. I am on hair duty for school. It's picture day, while mom is gone. Been a loooong time since I did hair for school pictures!

Well, time to scoot,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:07 am

Good Morning Girls

Was all set to sit and type a nice note yesterday but Shawn called and came over to borrow my folding table, so I chatted with him for a bit.. then decided I better get to work!

Can it really be 21 years since that awful day! I remember it like yesterday. Prayers today in remembrance with a promise that we will never forget!

Suzette.... Gotta feel good to have that big quilt done! How do you do your labels? I'm hoping I can figure out how to do them on my new embroidery machine, and I have software in the computer to do it... it's just a learning curve for this old broad!

Lois... Seriously? Your fabric warehouse had NO Christmas or Halloween fabric!! Oh you should come to mine! They keep that stuff out all year around!

Diane.... Yes a sad day indeed. But out of all that tragedy, the US came together to help and support each other. I hope it doesn't take another day like that to bring us back together again!

Becca... Oh dear... you were awake last night too? I've learned a lesson--don't drink coke after 7:00pm But you have your label figured out? I laid awake trying to figure out all what I have to do today!

Maryz... What's up with me today? Who knows! I'm ready to starting quilting the baby quilt, Need to rearrange furniture a little to bring in the table I painted yesterday. My friend Peggy is taking some of my embroidered towels to a craft fair she is selling at, so I have to get those ready. Man, where do you get the energy to do all that garden work! You'll have to let us know when you present the quilt to your massage guy! I bet he will be over the moon!

Chriss.... You are waiting for it to be noon? I'm waiting for it to be "5:00 somewhere"! I have a date with Alan Jackson! and a sip of Pineapple wine! Ah but first... the nasty chores and projects for the day.

Speaking of chores I better get to it... Not sure where to start, but the day will for sure involve the vacuum cleaner and washing machine! First load is in..

Wishing you all a most wonderful day!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:31 am

Prayers for our Country.

Been very busy here. DD1, Amanda, and DGS, Maddox, arrived Friday afternoon. Yesterday we were up early and down the Mtn to first watch DGS, Layne, bowl. Then had to race back north to the Boulder Fairgrounds in Longmont, to watch DGD, Kaylyn, barrel race...17 seconds. After a visit with DD1, Stacey, and kids, Amanda, Maddox and I went to Scheel's Sporting store, in Loveland, and they rode the Farris wheel a couple times and shopped a little. Today they will leave about noon and go to an Aunt's house, her Dad's side, for a BBQ. Another Aunt and cousin are in the area for a visit.

It was 29 degrees when I got up at 7:30 this morning. I sure hope my 3 potted flowers survive, didn't know it was going to get that cold over night. Amazed to see a few hummingbirds still here.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:38 am

Good Morning from camp....we are still here and still positive ( cough runny noses and actually feeling pretty good) This is no different than a head cold and I usually get one of those a year,
I hand sew from my sewing box each day and I might switch to yoyos for a change,,,,and We did spend an hour watching Liam's hockey game on an app called "live barn " Ken was able to load it on our smart tv. They tied but it was neat to watch since we couldnt be there,,,Sophia won her volleyball games this weekend ans is proud of her serving skills...unfortunately Nolans team lost his football game.
my Sister finally tested and she was negative,,,she will test again if she has symptoms...
it is going to be chilly (70s) and cloudy with rain later today,,,,many people are pulling out today as happened every sunday at a camp ground...it gets quiet but we are here for another week....usually we have a very social camp experience but it seems no one has been very social this camp trip...( its probably a good thing or maybe its a sign of the times....folks just arent very social due ti covid.

Return to “Sew ins”