Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, Sept 9th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Friday, Sept 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 am

Good morning,

I was up very early this morning - 0330 - but then I went to bed pretty early, too, so it's not so bad. It's just that my fur-boys expect breakfast the moment my feet touch the carpet, and if I feed them this early, then they want their supper equally early. And it gets to be one of those vicious circles. They do run our lives.

It's very sad about the Queen; At 96, it wasn't unexpected, but it's still a shock. I know she was much beloved not only in Britain, but around the world. She looked a lot like my Aunt Jennie. Every time I saw Elizabeth on the news, I thought of Jennie.

KATHY - I hope you find a place for your desk. Do you have a guest room? We rarely had guests, so we got rid of the queen bed we had in there and it became my sewing room. Maybe, if you have a guest room, you could do the same - or at least get a smaller bed or just an air bed that can be set up when you need it. And boom! You have an office! I'm happy to hear your lawn is mowed! It is time to get busy with fall yard work, isn't it. I have a lot to do before we leave for winter, inside and outside.

SHERRY - looks like yesterday was lawn mowing day - here, too. I wonder if you would ache less if you split the mowing over two days?

MARY Q - you are always on the go - doing something, going someplace. Don't you wonder how you ever had time to work? Nice of you to give that jewelry cabinet to KC. She has room for it now that you've cleaned up her house! You halo is still intact! 😇

JANA - today is dishwasher day - for you, anyway. Not me. I hope it gets fixed OK. If not, you have enough possible dishwashers in your household that your turn shouldn't have to come around until after repairs are finished! Sad story about the elderly lady Aaron came across. I fear it's all too common. I hope they are able to help her. But the super sad part of it is that she won't recognize it as 'help'.

LOIS - I love Halloween sewing, too. In fact, I ordered the pattern QIAD had on sale yesterday for 30% off and free shipping. I bet Rosie will love the topper you sent to her. My Bill also vac'd the carpets and mopped the kitchen 2 days ago. It was the first time I've known him to mop a floor. I wasn't home but my chore list was on the counter. Sometimes, wonderful surprises happen!

CHRISS - Any sign of cooling in your neighborhood yet? I made one mug rug from the little paper-pieced elf pattern you shared. It's so cute that I offered to make one for each of Autumn's staff for her to give as a little gift at Christmas. I should probably have asked just how many staff she has first. . . . I may have to hire you and put you on the production line! Have you made one yet?

JUDI - how is Ken doing? Did you get out to the quilt shops? You know - just to give him some piece and quiet so he could rest . . .

Yesterday I got most of my motorcycle quilt together. Now I'm going to piece the 6" letters I want to use for the bottom third of the quilt. Last night I did some math and measuring to figure out fabrics and final quilt size. So I'll work on that today. I also have an eye dr appt this morning. They always go quickly. I don't see much change in my vision but I would like new glasses. But can't justify buying them "just because".

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for Secret Santa and then we get our Elf names! So if you're still thinking about it, think no more! It's time to jump in and join the fun! And it is always fun.

Mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Re: Friday, Sept 9th

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:24 am

Good morning!

We have booted the "heat dome" that's been over us, Chriss and Lori. My temp is 61! Yippee! So nice to feel a cold breeze. We will warm into the 90s, but that's not bad at all. No more 105 days, well, until next year.

Kate made the cut on all her fire tests. She now has the big background package to fill out and turn in. Pass the background check, and they will offer her a job. Fire is hiring 36 from this group.. Based on her scores, we know she is in the top 15 group and we are pretty sure that could be the top 5. One person scored the top amount given on the oral exam and Kate's score was almost perfect as well.

Aaron and about 15 different agencies are working on this problem with the lady. In further investigation, seems as some neighbors have contributed parts of the trouble , like turning off her access to her water from shared water rights, which now the city attorney is involved, with possible criminal actions. It's a mess, but there is help. It will be a long road.

Today I get my hair trimmed and reshaped back to normal. I let it go extra time, as Sarah booked the appointment for her cut and color at the same time. So while Sarah is doing her processing , mine will get cut. There's 2 LQS's on the way home, so we may stop off and see if I can find the dot fabric for my Candy Corn quilt.

The dishwasher part will be here today, so we will be back in business. Need a run to Costco this morning, I ran out of my stash of paper plates! So, since everything is out from under my sink, I cleaned that area and will organize all that stuff, before putting it back. I like neatness.

Not much else here. We have had to retain the services of a lawyer for Sandee. HR, where Scott worked , is not playing nice with anything, answers, benefits, etc. So our lawyer, a family friend, will write a few nasty-grams for us. Lawyer letterhead helps in many ways.

Time to finish up my scavenger list so I am ready when Costco opens.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:30 am

Good Morning I woke at 430 to dark and quiet...So I went potty and layed back down....boom 730 am . I am up dressed and coffeed and a small piece if coffee cake for breakfast. It is all I want. Ken had the same he is on day two of the Paxlovid and he says he feels good except for a bad taste in his mouth,,( probably not drinking enough water with it. ) my DDIL and Grand daughter are now positive Val My very DDIL has MS ans is immune compromised so we are very worried about her,,,your prayers would be appreciated. I talked to her yesterday and she will not admit she is sick....( doesnt want to worry us) but we pray she is ok.
My sister and I are completely fine,,,we have been leaving the camper and we all sit outside a good portion of the time ( weather is fantastic) We went to the 3 quilt shops...One was spectacular,,,such a nice shop.quite expensive Above $13 a yard. I did find backing fabric I liked but they were out of it,,,so I found a jelly roll book on the sale rack and was done. we should go back today cause there is a tent sale but I doubt we will since I didint find anything yesterday. My sister bought a few Fqs and some sunflower fabric to make her 2 step daughters a wall hanging.
Well thats all from here,,,,Ken will probably retest tomorrow or sunday as he feels pretty good today already...We can only hope Hope your day goes well XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:59 am

Good morning,

Everything is done here I'm showered and dressed Bill's birthday is today so will see what he wants to do I have vealcutlet for his di nner and he wanted macaroni salad so the salad is done will probably go get lunch out he likes chicken sandwiches from Kentucky fried chicken so that will be lunch.

I will buy his present when he picks it out as of now he still dosent know.

Well thats all the news from here.
Mary yes I was sad to know that Queen Elizabeth passed its a great Loss to the world.

Jana we got away from those terrible Temps from the summer as well I only hope that the rest of the country cools off as well.

Judi so glad Ken's starting to feel better prayer to the rest of your family.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Lois

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:11 am

Good Morning Quilters

I'm up early baking chocolate chip cookies for my DGD. Needs a snack to take to school. (So early) :roll:
We were out late last evening to watch a volleyball game. their team won so it was exciting!

I've been on the Long Arm and have just about finished my Bears in the Woods done in Christmas fabrics. Turned out good. I made a few adjustments to the pattern by adding an additional inner border and placing the geese in different order. I like it. :)

DGD will be here for the weekend as we are working on a Halloween quilt using the SWAP blocks from last years swap. We've added several more blocks.

Judi- I'm glad you are making the best of your long awaited trip in spite of the sickness. Prayers for your DDIL.

Maryz- Here's to a new dishwasher, I finally have a new oven after a two year wait! LOL

Need to get busy. TGIF
Sue

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:49 am

Good Friday morning everyone. Today starts vacation time for me, but the relaxation won't start for a few more days. My sister is sick and needs to go into urgent care, so that is the first thing on the agenda for today. Once I get her back home and settled, I will put a lawn mower together and mow the grass. We need to get a shed built so our "stuff" can be here at the house instead of in storage.

Mary/Rosebud

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 am

Good Morning Girls

It's a Sweatpants day here for sure! But SO nice to have windows open!

Maryz... Normally I only have music on here during the day so I didn't hear that the Queen has passed until I checked something on Facebook. A sad day for England and all the UK as well. She was such a grand lady and seemed to be just one of those "classy ladies". I loved all her hats! :lol: :lol: Can't say I'm a big fan of King Charles... but we'll see how long he lasts! I may have a halo, but it's made out of tin foil! :lol:

Jana... Aren't you loving the cooler temps? We must have been under the same heat dome, but it broke here sometime in the night and it's evening raining a bit here this morning. I've been waiting for the cooler days so I can go out to the garage and work on a project out there! So sad to hear about the Lady Aaron "discovered" ... and worse yet that neighbors have been contributing to her situation without helping! For sure charges should be brought!! Good luck to Kate!!!

Judi.... OH Gosh, Ken got that nasty side effect of the Covid med? My neighbor had the same thing and had to suck on hard candies and spearmint and everything she could think of to get rid of the taste. Thankfully it's a short term med right? Extra prayers for your DDIL today. Was she able to get vaccinated with her MS?

Lois... .Happy Birthday to Bill! Oh I'd sure go with you to KFC! They have the best coleslaw ever!

Sue.... Man that it is early to be up baking cookies! What a nice Gramma you are! I suppose you back them from scratch too and don't cheat like I do and get Betty Crocker cookie mix.!! Though have you ever seen that stuff at the grocery store! They are delicious! and oh so easy! :lol: :lol:

Rosebud..... Gosh I haven't seen you for a while! Have you been here and I've missed you! I type in the morning and forget to come back later in the day and see who has come to visit. Hope your sis is okay! Is she living with you now?

I threw on a pair of shorts this morning, but now that windows are open it's a little chilly in here, so guess I'll go get my sweats!!! Not sure what the POTD is for today. I've been waiting for the weather to cool down to work in the garage, but perhaps will wait until it's not raining! I do have a couple little messes to clean up, but it might just be a good day to sew! I did get a few lotto blocks made so after I organize them they will be ready to go in the mail next week!

So off I go.... caffeine is starting to kick in...

Have a supe day y'all

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 pm

Maryq - I've only been on a few times lately to read. Yes, my youngest sister moved in with me back in April. We have been working on getting the house fixed so she and I have the space needed for the stuff we need daily. Everything else will be purged or stored. Just to get her moved, we rented a storage unit until we can get a shed put in at the house. I would much rather be making payments on a shed than paying for the storage unit.

The doctor at urgent care said she does have pneumonia which was caused by her allergies. He gave her some Rx's for it. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”