Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 6,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday September 6,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:29 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's raining and our Temps have dropped we are going to be in the 70's and some 80's this week so I think all those 90's days are gone and as much as I like a little warm I didn't like that it was way to hot and to dry.

Today I'm going to take out my seasons of blue book that has aspen in it and read through it also rewatch her you tube video on it she gives you an idea on how everything goes together I want to take my time so I do this right .

Well thats all the news here besides it will rain all day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois
Judi have a great vacation

velvet

Re: Tuesday September 6,2022

Post by velvet » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 am

Lois---I have the Etyda book and have done a few of her quilts from it. Maze was a beautiful quilt and given to a women vet in May. I only had to make it fit the 60x80 for qov. I cut and make the trees block when I have a few minutes-thinking of table runners for Christmas and other little gifts. Now I'm working on her Alaska using "practical magic" but only a block at a time. (Some blocks are 4 others are 6) I have a feeling it will be never done.

Today is a Costco run. We haven't been there since before the trip to Ireland, then add getting covid. So my pantry and freezer are pretty empty. I can't guess how much this is going to cost. YUK!!

The top made from stash is done and ironed. I still have more fabric ready to be sewed for another top. Want to finish what I have. These fabrics was sent to me from Daryl--it was sample pieces she found when they were moving offices to another floor. THANK YOU DARYL!!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:30 am

Good morning Thank you Lois. I am getting ready to pack my computer up and the bathroom essentials...then I straighten up the rooms and make my bed up so all will be ready for my return. We are heading out about 930-10 We cannot check in til 2 and the stop for brunch will take about an hour. Traverse City is on the "mitten" below the tip of the ring finger,( Michigan) we are at the base of the thumb. It is a very beautiful part of Michigan if you ever get to these parts..Lake Michigan is our ocean without the salt and sharks/
I hope you all have a great day and good weather,,,the weather up there looks like a great week with rain next weekend,,( so they say)...a bit chilly at night as fall should be. I have sweatshirts packed,,( along with short sleeves as you never really know.) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:29 am

Good morning!

It just isn't right, when the overnight temp doesn't get below 75! But that is changing and we are very happy to see a hurricane in the Baja area. It will give us much needed rain this weekend. So only a couple more days of our over 100's.

I managed to get a couple of blocks done on my quilt yesterday. I will load up another one and have it waiting for when Kari is on a break or gone making the school run. Only a couple more. I will start squaring up the ones that are done.

I finally brought in from the mailbox my new bench pillow CD. I have one of those community mailboxes that sits up around the corner from my house, and our box has a lock on it. So things are safe in there. Well, it would take a large truck and a heavy chain to move it. It stands, bolted to the ground, about 4 feet wide and 5 feet tall. It ain't small! There's spaces for packages as well. With that said, my CD is now in the Batt Cave, still sealed and is behaving. I did look on the cover for fabric requirements and will call my LQS to see if the embellishment package is available. That package has the fun stuff that makes the Kimberbell pillows so cute. Still looking for a piece of fabric for borders and a back to the Candy Corn quilt. What will be perfect is a multi colored dot on a black background. It's eluding me at the moment.

Not much else new here. Awaiting the hiring board to know if Kate made it. Daniel is a busy beaver. He will add some storage shelves on the area of the front and above the garage door, where it opens. I have a 10 foot ceiling in the garage and so there's space for deep storage items that are useful, but not needed on a regular basis.

Enjoy the winding down days of summer,

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:41 am

Good morning,

JUDI - happy trip! Now I need to get out my map - or maybe my mittens! - and see just where you're going to be. Be safe!

DIANE - I guess I missed, or forgot, your quilt you made from your scraps. But I know it's beautiful. Between camping and having company for almost a month I've missed a lot here.

JANA - Daniel is certainly making himself useful and earning his keep! I have - or had - some of that multicolored dots on black. It's great for projects like yours. I'm anxious to see yours finished. Fingers crossed for Kate, though I doubt she needs my fingers to make it! Your mailbox sounds safe. Though, about 6 weeks ago a truck DID take out a multifamily mailbox such as you described in a development down the road from me. Totally smashed it! And a few years ago I mailed something in a bona-fide postal box at a shopping center here and before the mail was picked up, someone dropped a small bomb into the box and blew it up! Stuff happens. I'm glad you've got rain coming, but the people in the Baja probably aren't going to be so happy.

LOIS - what a concept - read the directions and watch the video! lol! I admit, I usually go by the pictures and read the fine print if I get into trouble. You can probably guess how often I'm reading that fine print after getting into a project! But I've seen the project you're talking about. I think even I, the queen of skipping directions, would study up before tackling it!

SHERRY - I'm glad you're getting some rain. Here, we had a little bit a few days ago but no more is in the forecast. They ask people not to mow when it's so dry here because of fire risk. But sounds like that's no worry for you now. I know you like mowing. Did you enjoy your breakfast out? I have to admit, I've never eaten in a restaurant by myself.

CHRISS, the Remote Opening Champion! I should make you a ribbon sash to wear while you watch TV. lol! Men can be such a constant source of amusement.

MARY Q - you bet coyotes like little dogs for lunch - and cats for appetizers. But they were more interested in the main entre - the chickens next door. I don't like the coyotes living so close to us but the developers have built up their habitat so much they have no where to go. When my brothers were little Mom said they called them "I-goats". :lol:

Yesterday we played one last game of Mexican Train dominoes. My sis LOVES that game (I do, too) so we we're sending her on her way, smiling. Then, while she was cleaning her trailer and getting ready to travel I finished 5 of the 16 blocks I am making for my motorcycle quilt. So far, so good! I have a massage appt this morning and the quilt is for my massage therapist, David. I will have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about it. I want to surprise him when it's done. I also want to get to the September lotto blocks soon.

Al & Tina are leaving today to go back home. It has been a great visit but I'm ready to be back to just ourselves. It will be a fast goodbye as I will probably be off to my appt before they pull out. But we'll see them again in December in Texas. I want to spend the afternoon vac'g, mopping, dusting but I might just lay low after my massage and let myself relax.

If you're looking for me later today, I'll be out on the deck, book in hand (or over face)!

mary z
>^+^<

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:16 am

Good morning all
I have been busy. I am trying to clean up rest of house and all gardens. My progress is not great. I did finish three lotto blocks. First time I been in lotto this year. I just decided to make time to do blocks.
Still working on my chickens. Got 9 done except for legs and beaks. I have three more to go then will do all legs and beaks on chickens and chicks. The mystery quilt which I made a table topper is hanging on the wall waiting to be sewn together. It is partially done.
Poor Boo is not doing good. We did give him a bath yesterday. I think he will be gone soon.
Jim is doing ok. No more seizures since spring. The cats are doing fine.
We had a quite labor day . Did not do much I just relaxed and did some sewing.
Maryz What is Mexican train dominoes ? You are moving right along on motercycle quilt. Dont mention cleaning It seems thats all I do. LOL :roll:
Jana I have the holloween kit and have no idea where to start. I will watch youtube I guess and see what I can learn.
Judi Have safe travels and a relaxing time.
Diane I have just got into watching Etyda. Love to watch her. I may do her next mystery quilt.
Lois Our temps have dropped too. but I could use some rain.
I went out this morning and started unloading wood. Needs to get done so I can get another load. I am going to try to burn wood in Jan. and Feb.
Well I need to go get coffee then get zuccini into frezer.
You all have a great sewing day.
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:33 am

Good Morning Everyone!

OH tis is a lovely morning here in Minnesota.. though the heat will be moving in shortly... another heat wave for a few days... Hardly feels like September!

Lois... The Aspen pattern is definitely one of those you'd have to be really careful about!! Oh I think you are so brave to do one!! I'm such a ninny when it comes to doing anything super complicated like that! I'm sure it will be stunning!

Diane... Perhaps you should take out a 2nd mortgage before you go to Costco? :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a Sam's card, but rarely go there! Tho I did make the mistake of taking the kids with me last time! BUT I did stock up on Coffee so I won't run out for a good long time!!

Judi... I had to google Traverse City! Now I can picture where you are. Looks like a lovely area! Will the leaves start turning there this time of year? Is the campground you are a nice quiet place.? Hope you guys have a great relaxing time... but still able to sneak in a little LQS shopping!

Jana.. Are Daniel and Kari looking for a place of their own? I know it's a little soon because they just got there, but that is the goal right? Fun to have them there I bet. I loved having my kids around, but I know they are so much happier that they have their own place and I KNOW I am ! :) :)

Maryz... Oh Gosh.. Mexican Train!! My folks used to play that allllll the time with their friends! For a long time I think I had my Dad's set of Dominoes but I sure couldn't tell you what happened to them. I'm breathing a little sigh of relief for you---once Tina and Al are on the road. :lol: :lol: You and Bill might have to just sit out on the deck for a little bit and relax.

Katy... You heat with wood ? Been there done that and I never want to see another stick of firewood again... Long story but back in '83 I had to heat the whole house with wood or the electric bill would be over $500/mo! NOT a fan!

Chriss.... MEN! That's all I'm going to say!

Not sure what the POTD will be today! Got all the laundry done yesterday, so I'm guess the day will involve sewing of some kind. I have all the 6" squares ready to put together for nephew's baby's quilt so that will possibly be the plan. Going to be hot for the next few days so I'll be inside for sure. Was a little cooler yesterday so I did manage to clean out my car a bit---I've lost my ATM card and hoped it had fallen under the seat or something... no such luck. So first thing I called the bank to cancel. Will take a couple weeks to get a new one.

Time for more coffee... and crank up some music... it's just too darn quiet here---except for an occasional car or motorcycle,... and sometimes a siren.

Wishing you all a fun fun Tuesday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 am

Good Rainy Morning......cool too! 65*

Rained all night & raining now. Like many we needed it but not as much as some of you.

I'll call my phone co to talk abut my problem of sometimes my family can't get through to me. They say there's nothing wrong at their end, I bought new landline phones sooooo where's the problem?

Tried to make a food delivery order on the tablet....wow....difficult on the small screen and then I couldn't log in. It kept telling me someone already has that email address, YA me!
Well my girls are having fun with the odd things that happen to me......gives us something to laugh at! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have some dish build up in the sink because the dish washer needs emptying, so that's 1st on the list. Then clean the paper mess I made in the sewing room. I always seem to have a problem with all the paper!

Maryz......I'm here 10 ys in Nov.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:47 am

Good morning. We have the start of a marvelous day today. Both my Amazon and my Keepsake quilting order showed up this morning. Dad almost has my car fixed, hopefully this week. And while it's so overly hot outside I only have to go out there if Moose needs to.

And, to make things even better, we should have our Elf names next week. Woo Hoo. Hoping more sign up and those that sign up add their hints to the hints page because, the instant I get my elf name I'm going to start sewing. And if you don't have your hints (quoting a 7 year old Marilyn) you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. That being said I had best go see if mine need editing.

Lois, I would love to have your weather. We should see anywhere (depending on who you listen to) from 110 to 114. The Aspen quilt will be beautiful. I'm so pokey and you are so energized.

Diane, happy quilt making. So nice to get a shipment of fabric in the mail and not see it hit the credit card bill what fun.

Judi, safe travels, I hope this is the funnest trip ever!

Jana, glad you can get started on that pillow. Do you need more storage space because you have that much stuff or because Daniel has that much stuff? If Jerry wasn't here I would get rid of so much stuff. Glad your CD was safe in your mailbox safe.

Maryz, if you do make me a sash, I would like to have a tiara and scepter to go with it please. Coyotes aren't as thick here as they used to be. We also don't see many bugs or insects. Even the squirrel population, while still there, has dwindled. If you decide to put down that book, come on over and sew.

Katy, did they ever figure out what was causing Jim's seizures? Glad they have stopped, he is lucky he had you to care for him during all of this. Sorry about Boo. Hurry, those chickens need beaks, or they can't eat.

Maryq, yes MEN!! it's so hard not to just laugh sometimes. Are you done at KC's house? So far this summer, our electric bill has been just over $500. but it's only a few months and I am cool. We set our window AC's at 74 or 76 and drink lots of iced tea. If you bring those squares over here, I have a machine you can use, and we can have a play date.

Kathy, you've been there 10 years? Really? 10? dang that went by quickly. Hope you get that food order placed and they figure out that you are you. We don't have that option here. we live too far out in the boonies. 30 minutes from town. Glad you are giving your girls someone to laugh at.

I need to figure out how to post about the Alzheimer's walk a thon on Instagram. It won't let me post a link to my donation page. Posting it on Facebook is a cinch. Guess I need to call my son to figure it out

I'm off to go sew, you all have a marvelous day, come play if you can.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”