Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday September 4th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday September 4th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 am

Good Morning,,,it is cloudy and cooler here we expect thunder storms this afternoon.
We ended up with and impromptu family reunion yesterday.....most of my siblings ( youngest sister flew in from Florida as a surprise) and a few nieces and my brother came for supper and campfire...we ordered pizza subs and salads, 20 for fun, We were going to meet at a resturant for dinner and It became apparent that we wouldnt be able to find a pace to accomodate all of us at short notice...so I put it together at my house and it was great,,,,we sat around and talked and had a good time...My niece whos husband was murdered a few weeks ago ( 4 people have been arrested and are in jail) came up and brougt her 4 month old puppy ( french bull dog)H e was adorable...She is doing ok...I have a little clean up to do today but not much...I feel so blessed to have my family. 2 Of my sons were there the other 2 kids had prior committement, ( it was a last minute thing).
Today I will clean up and get the camper more packed....It is half done...
Hope your day is good and your plans are doable....My word of the day is Family....connect with yours,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Sunday September 4th 2022

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:05 am

Hello everyone kind of a foggy morning here We had rain yesterday
Our DS & his wife is coming this morning
So I’m ready early
Judi Yes family is wonderful I have 1 sibling left He come to visit about a month ago
We got some exciting news yesterday Our Grandson and his wife are expecting They have been wanting one It will be a spring baby Due 3 days after my Birthday
I hope everyone has a good day & tomorrow too Staysafe Becca
I got online & hunted & hunted for fabric I like but no luck Trying to find Peter Rabbit or a cute Bear fabric for a baby Will keep searching

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 am

Good morning ,

We are cloudy here but rain won't be here till tomorrow.
Today I plan to sew I would like to try and get the reindeer quilt finished.
Yesterday I got my glide thread in the mail to try in my machine to quilt with if I like it and my machine likes it I will order more.

Judi what a great day you had yesterday.
Becca congratulations on the new baby I hope you find the perfect fabric.

Well thats all the news for todayeveryone enjoy your day.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:38 am

Good morning,

We had rain yesterday! Real, measurable rain! My yard sucked it up pretty fast! Of course, it was the day Bill & DBIL had planned to wash trucks. lol! So it's true what they say about washing cars and rain.

CHRISS - I hate to see small local businesses close. Our Christmas shop, one of the best ones I've ever seen and here for many years, closed down this year.

LOIS - I hope your shoulder is improved today. We like Glide thread. It shimmers beautifully when the light catches it. We have used it in our LA, though we have to play with the tensions some.

MARY Q - what's happening at your house this weekend?

JANA - I think you are still hot, not matter where your temps are taken! I'm glad you are getting help with your interior decor. Don't tell Karlie but I have my Halloween quilts out - two swap quilts and two tablerunners.

JUDI - Your family gathering sounds like it was a lot of fun! It had to be nice to be able to show off your new room. I'm so glad they have the people who killed your niece's husband. Is there going to be a trial or did they admit their crime? Juvenile or adult? At least they have them and she is able to get some sort of closure, if that's possible.

BECCA - congratulations on a new baby in the family! Maybe it will be a sweet birthday present for you! Such a nice project to work on - a baby quilt!

FLO - you are going to be eating spaghetti all winter long! Lucky you!

KATHY - were you able to get your smoke detectors fixed? Was it batteries?

Yesterday Bill and I went for blood draws first thing in the morning. Later my sis and I did some shopping just for fun - Home Goods, Marshall's, Rite-Aid, Michael's, Safeway, Goodwill. We found fabric at Goodwill. Lots of it. I got 7 different fabrics, all Christmas but one cat print and one fall leaf print. All 2-1/2 to 4 yds cuts. Totaled about 20 yds for $35 (about $1.75/yd). All good quality, like Moda. I have no plans for today, though we may go to Costco because my sis wants to. I might make my sample block for the motorcycle quilt or some Sept lotto blocks before I forget that I signed up before I went camping. Today and tomorrow are the last days with my sister. They are leaving Tuesday. I'm sure she's anxious to get back home, though she's not looking forward to returning to 90+ degree heat.

Make your day a good one!
mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 am

Sew it's Sunday.
I will be sewing.

Lois, meet ya in the sewing room.
Becca, congrats on a new baby.
Judi, enjoy packing for your trip.
MaryZ, safe travels to our Sis & DBIL.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:05 am

Good morning!

First off, before my squirrely brain forgets. BECCA - I think in some of the fabric from the lady Maryq has been helping was some Peter Rabbit fabric. Ask her, she may still have some.

Now to keep the rest of my squirrels in order - yes, we are still hot and will stay that way for the time being. Even Daniel gave up on being outside working on the reorganization of the barn. And this is the boy who wears full turnout gear fighting fires. He waited until it cooled a bit.

I have made good progress on the Candy Corn quilt. I only have 8 blocks left for embroidery work. Then I can assemble it. Hopefully on Monday. Next up on my docket is to cut, bag and label the Cup of Cheer Advent quilt. Works great to do it this way. When I get the chance to do the embroidery, I grab one and away I go.

I have kept the squirrels at bay, in the Batt Cave. How, you wonder, I left the new CD in the mailbox! It arrived yesterday and I do want to play with it. After church this morning, we'll grab the mail on the way home. And while the Candy Corn blocks are embroidering, I'll look at it.

Not much else here.

Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:19 am

The computer has dropped 2 posts already. I'll try again later
Test said negative on covid. YAHOO!!
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:11 am

Good morning everyone! Several days behind but here none the less. It seems I just can’t fit all the plans into one day! Have been trying to spend more time at the sewing machine at home but that keeps me off the computer too. I will catch up as best I can.

Made two lotto blocks yesterday and one this AM. One more book to sew on and then it will be done, enough prepped for one or two more blocks. I got my first block of my new BOM (LQS follows the school year) so will try to at least get that cut. It looks a bit harder than last years BOM. I am only doing one color way this time. One of mine from last year (just got last block a couple months ago) has all the rows sewn together. Just need to put in two more sashing rows and first border. Then onto making I have no idea how many Dart blocks for the outside border. My second colorway is still in the block stage. One more main block to make then the 13 setting blocks and so on.

This week is, Finish it Class on Thursday. That is with the lady teaching the Starry night, Free Sew on Friday, and then Starry night class on Saturday. I will be taking a class at an instructors house on Sunday. (new part time caregiver with be watching Dad that day). 5 more Free Sew classes scattered through out the month. We are in a heat wave so it gets too hot in my sewing room to sew much past 2 pm. I may sort through fabric in the living room after that. NO relief until late in the week into the weekend. UGH!

Mary I have my angel and Sheppard done. Need to choose fabric for Joseph for this Saturday class. No class next month but she wants us to have all the people done by November class along with at least fabric ideas for the rest. Sounds like you are having fun with your sister.

Judi sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear your niece is doing ok and that those responsible are where they should be. Won’t bring him back but at least they can’t ruin anyone else’s life.

Becca congratulations to the soon to be parents. And will pray it is born on your birthday.

Lois I have never heard of Glide thread?

Lyn happy sewing! Great way to spend the day.

Jana anxious to see your Candy Corn quilt.

Oh Diane so sorry to hear about the computer woes. Hope it works out later.

Chriss what are you up to. How is the car?

Well Dad is up, I have his breakfast started but need to get back to it. Also need to get the sewing in before it gets too hot.

Have a good day
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:55 am

Good Sunny Afternoon......but damp....

I'm expecting a call from Kimberly any minuet to watch a cooking shown.

Yes the smoke alarm is fixed. I didn't expect it to be the battery I seem to remember when I bought the new ones I thought I remembered it was good for 10 years. I called the Fire Dept & as usual they send nice guys in a fire truck. LOL, the truck is as wide as my road. I live on a very quiet road so some of the neighbors came out to see what was up. I'm sure they didn't want my house to burn down because 2 of them were going to have cook-outs. but the men were here for only a little while. Here's the funny thing...one looked in the the sewing room & said "do you quilt? My mother quilts. For some dumb reason I asked him what kind of quilting she did. LOL...he said "the kind where you cut little pieces of fabric & sew them together" His Mom would be proud.

Maryz......I need 2 knee replacements. Just apprehensive to have it done. The phone(land land) is not fixed. I'll call my phone co tomorrow, somebody must know something.

Judi....I'm so happy those 4 guys are in jail. Good to know your niece is getting out with family.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:43 pm

Becca, I can go into town to our LQS and see if she has any for you. I'll have to sew if she's open tomorrow or not though.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”