Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SAT 9/3/2022

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

SAT 9/3/2022

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:54 am

Good Sunny Morning.......

Up early.....no sleep last night.....then at 4am the smoke detector started beeping. Once every minuet & it's still going. Later I'll call the fire dept, I also have 2 new ones to put up in the garage.

Missed yesterday I slept until 12:30pm. What a crazy life I lead. For the last 5 days I've been trying to place a food order but I can't get into their site. I've had 3 long calls with them trying to work it out. No luck so far they said I'm stuck in a loop what ever that means. I'm going to have to take my sore knees to the store.

There must be a ghost here because the phone is not letting some calls through & they can't leave a messages. Mostly my bff. I've spent a long time on the phone with my phone co. Like the store they can not find anything Wrong......must be an other loop!

Have no idea where the day will take me......hopefully the sewing room.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Re: SAT 9/3/2022

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:57 am

Good morning,

I woke up at 0300, finished my book, and here I am.

SUE - If you stop by here today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day is full of sparkling surprises!

VAL - how is Dad? How is the ramp working for you? How is your Starry Night coming along?

KATHY - why do your knees hurt? Those alerts from your smoke detector sound like your batteries need replacing. I hope you get your phone woes straightened out. Cell or landline?

CHRISS - did you get to the craft store? Find anything fun to buy? I need to stop by Michael's, maybe even today. I want some pom poms to finish off my elf mug rugs - of which I've only made one so far. I had to have flu shots for work, even before I was a nurse and worked for Weyerhaeuser, so I've always gotten them, every year of my adult life. And I don't remember ever getting the flu in all those years. In fact, I only get a cold about once every 5 years. I saw some discussion here last week on DPT's, too. Adults are supposed to get those every 10 years, though if you step on a nail or get a cut on rust metal, they will give you a tetanus shot if it's been more than 5 yrs just to be on the safe side. I hope your car get fixed soon and you will soon be zooming around the countryside visiting all the thrift shops. Most of my clothes come from thrift stores, too. I HATE paying new prices when for the price of one outfit I can buy a cartload of clothes.

MARY Q - happy birthday to KC. Nice of you to treat her so well. She was a lucky girl the day God put you in her path! Wedding dress shopping for your niece! New baby for your nephew! Lots of happy in your family these days! How are Jen and David doing? Where will your DB be going in Texas? It's a big state! We used to go to Georgetown (just north of Austin) to the Corps of Engineers park there. VERY reasonable off season rates for seniors. And a beautiful campground. But Autumn has moved to the SW corner of Austin and the drive to visit her was just so long so now we stay in an RV park not far from her house. We plan to leave for TX ourselves about Nov 11th~ish.

JANA - I know that Great Northern Bike Trail you talked about yesterday. We have one in WA, too, with a 2-mile pitch dark tunnel in the Cascades. We've hiked it (and back!) more than once! Glad you found your favorite dress in your new, svelte size!

JUDI - I would skip out on the pintucking, too, and just make a pretty block. If I were into fancy dress making, perhaps I would work harder to hone those skills, but I still have a pattern and fabric for a very simple dress I was going to make to take to Europe - in 2003! lol! So I guess I've let my clothing construction skills slide. There are just too many quilts that need making!

My days are still kind of in limbo here. My sis and dbil are just hanging out until after the holiday weekend. We had a nice brunch and 3-hr visit with my DD#1 and DSIL. After they left we played Mexican Train through the afternoon and into the evening. For supper we pulled out the breakfast leftovers and we all made our own meals. This morning Bill and I are going for blood draws. Other than that, no plans for anything. We are out of birdseed so we may make a stop at Wilco farm store to pick up some more. It's hard to get started on anything because my time and attention are so diverted. I have a little yard work that needs doing but is on hold for now. But come next week - watch my smoke! I can't wait to make up for lost quality time with my Bernie!

Have a happy Saturday!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:01 am

Morning all
Today I will cook up and can more marinara sauce. My vege draw is full of tomatoes again...yay!
Other than that, not sure what will happen.
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:17 am

Good morning a super busy day here,,,My youngest sister flew in for the long weekend...Im not sure why I didnt talk to anyone yesterday as we were really busy , I guess we are all meeting for supper tonight even my brother is joining us...My Niece who lost her husband a few weeks ago is also joining us...sort of a sibling family reunion. Last minute and impromptu
Liam will be here to cut the grass and my son will weed wack for me..there is a lot to be done but it is a start we will continue when we get back.
Jeff will come by and pick up the wood Ken cut for his house trim...
And to top it all off Kens lap top died ( really dead this time) so we are headed to Costco this morning as soon as i get dressed and pick him up a new one...He cannot go up north and not have his trusty friend with him...hoping they have what he wants,,,he is looking on line right now to be sure...I need to run have a wonderful day,,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 am

Good morning!

Looks to be another record breaking day here. Heat wise, that is. Another day over 100. But as far as I look at it, the proverbial they, cheat on the numbers. They measure the heat out at the airport, with all that asphalt for runways, etc, it's always hotter than the rest of us!

I got 6 blocks embroidered for my Candy Corn quilt last night. They are small blocks, but they are ready to be squared to the right size. I put them back in the baggie to wait until I get the rest finished . More today. Seems as 8f I am getting a bit faster at this method.

Karlie helped me change out the summer decor and start with some of the fall decorations. Karlie saw my Halloween skinnies and wanted to put those out,right now, nope, need to wait until October.

So you'll find me in the Batt Cave. It's been ruled a no squirrel zone. My new bench pillow CD hasn't arrived yet, so, then we see if the no squirrels still applies,

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:26 am

Good morning

I've been busy today doing the bed stuff I still have 2 more loads of was that need to be done.
I think 1 more day and my shoulder should be good I seam to have over worked it when I was cutting out the reindeer quilt so I will start back to sewing tomorrow.

I hope you all are having a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:39 am

Good morning. It's going to be another great day today.

The plan was to go to Hobby Lobby when it opened but our county fair is happening and my girlfriend's granddaughter is showing an animal so we will travel to HL a little later when it's hotter. Although it's already 87 degrees we should see 107

Yesterday I went to the craft store in town and spend a couple of dollars. She said she will be closing at the end of this month. I did get some fabric and a FQ pack, and a couple of things for Marilyn. Not really sure I need to go back at the end of the month to see what else she has. But we will see.

Another store is closing in town, it has a lot of stuff, sheets, towels small appliances, gift items. It's a fun store, they are closing the 10th of this month. Specialty type stores don't do well here if they don't cater to tourists. Restaurants are even closing. People can't afford their high prices. Times have changed.

Kathy, sorry you are in a loop. Did you ever see the movie Premonition with Sandra Bullock? Here the fire department will install a smoke detector for you, sometimes they will even supply the detectors. As for the grocery store, can you remove then reload the app? Or open a new account? I bet the phone company needs to send someone out to solve your issue. Get some sleep girl, my grandma would suggest a shot of brandy. Brandy was her go to suggestion for everything.

Maryz, the weekend is almost over, and you will have your time back. It will be nice to get to do what you want when you want. But it's also nice to get a lot of family time.

Flo, we finally have tomatoes on our plants. I count 5. Gosh darn it took forever this year. We usually have tomatoes by July, here it is September. This weather stuff is all fowled up.

Judi, ugh, having to buy a new laptop isn't cheap. Mine is from Amazon and is refurbished. It has worked for 2 years now and doesn't have any issues. Hope you find one Ken will like. Enjoy seeing family. it will be nice to get together.

Jana, funny, I was just telling Jerry that the temperature is measured out at our little airport and not in our front yard. So, while it's 107 there it could easily (and it sure feels like) it's 120 here. So glad you have a decorator helping you with those fall decorations.

Lois, you are late today. I also got a load of laundry done. happy reindeer sewing.

Time for breakfast and a shower. You girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”