Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 15th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Re: Monday August 15th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:31 am

I just checked my email and my batting will be here tomorrow. It is at our local post office but not in time to get on the truck. Great news.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Good evening, what a great day today was.

I sat in on an Advisory Board for the commission on aging. I am technically not on the board yet. The Board of Supervisors in my county will appoint me at their meeting tomorrow. But I did learn a lot.

My question, where do you girls order your wide backing from?

There is a free adorable table runner pattern on the Material Girlfriend site. Elves, it's adorable. https://materialgirlfriends.com/

Judi, how's that new haircut and perm? My hair frizzes as it is, imagine if I added a perm, well imagine how I'd look, scary huh?

Flo, we used to always play yatzee at grandma's, good memories.

Lois, we need to find you a project. Did you see the elf table runner from Material Girlfriend. cute, cute, cute. I emailed you the link.

Suzette, where did you order your backing from? I am wanting a backing for the RW&B quilt but haven't found anything that caught my eye.

ShirleyMae, Sorry you fell, prayers for you and yours.

Maryz, did you get to read your book? glad you found the backing. I am looking for backing but you probably don't have RW&B wide backing. I'll keep looking. I fold the fabric around the hexi papers, bast them to the papers and when I sew two hexi's together I don't go through the paper, only the fabric. Now you and your sister play nice, don't make me come over there.

Jana, well? How was the first day of school? Hope everyone came home in the same shape they left in. Hope SIL is doing well alsp

Maryq, pick me. I will come help. I sure wish it wasn't so expensive to fly. I checked and it will likely be $700 for me to fly to NC in November. Way too much.

Lyn, sounds like you are getting a lot of branches cleared. I ahve read that we are supposed to have an epic winter here. I say bring it on. I would love to see a foot of water in my yard. of course, it would all run down hill and affect the people across the street.

Tomorrow Jerry has a dentist appointment and I have zoom classes. I also plan to get some sewing done.

You all have a great night,
Chriss.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Chriss, AQS has a good selection of wide backing.Thanks for the cute pattern link.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”