Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday August 11,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday August 11,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 am

Good morning Everyone

Praying that it rains today I see alot of leaves on the ground and that is not good it was another hot day but the humidity was not bad
We went to the quilt shop yesterday and what a beautiful quilt shop it is.
I saw the 1 lady long arming a quilt they have a Statler stitcher and she took time out to talk to me fabric can be a little pricey but thats ok when they have what you need.
I found alot of patterns but left them all behind I kept telling myself you have enough.
I was looking for a background fabric for my aspen quilt but didn't find any maybe nextweek when I bring my quilt then I will find some.
We also went out to lunch on the way home then we picked up coffee and sat on the deck for a while under the umbrella with a little breeze blowing thank God there were no lantern Flys they give me the Willie's.
Well today is cleaning day so that is what will be doing .

Well thats all the news here I hope you have a great day .
Prayers go out to all
Lois

suzette58

Re: Thursday August 11,2022

Post by suzette58 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:25 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
I finished the graduation quilt yesterday. I am hoping to sew the 2 sections together today. But, we have to go and get hubby’s results from his sleep test first. We had some rain yesterday afternoon and are supposed to get more today unless the weather has changed. I looked at the news for Northern Virginia and saw video of people driving through standing water. Well, I am going to get my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:55 am

We never made it to Ireland yesterday. Were at the airport on 4 for a 6:30 to Newark that was delayed for 2 hours. We would be cutting time close to connecter flight, then the delay time became later. So they tried to get us on another flights to make a connection. After a time we were given a new flight plan for today. We came home and today we fly to Chicago on the 1 o'clock flight then a 7 hour wait for the connecter to Ireland. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:16 am

Diane so sorry about your trip I pray that it goes off without a hitch today.

Lois
It's finally raining 🌧 .

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:47 am

Morning
Diane prayers your travel has no more glitches.
Maryz, guest room and sewing room getting redone because 20 yr old carpet has to go. When house was built in 2002 they did not paint any of the ceiling. Now 20 yrs later the unsealed drywall mud on ceiling holds a musty smell from the humidity and stink is in carpet. Ceiling is painted in guest room. Ceramic tile will take a week or so, joe will lay it in stages. Then room becomes my sewing room and we repeat with other room.
Yesterday I canned 5 quarts and 1 pint homemade marinara sauce.
Today is uglies.
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 am

Suzette, I sent you a PM a couple days ago, hope you saw it.

Lois, sounds like you found a nice quilt shop.

Diane, hope the flights work better today.

Flo, saw your workmanship on FB, yummy.

DH has a blood test this morning.
I'm feeling fine.
Could use prayers for DD1's hubby, he's in the hospital in KS, with pneumonia, No Covid. They're running some tests today to see what's going on with his lungs.
Time to shower. Back later.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:15 am

Good morning I got up to go at 530 and decided I was tired went back to bed for an hour and a half..I never sleep that late. But im up dressed and beds made. I deep cleaned the kids room yesterday and refolded quilts
that are stoed in the closet Ken did a little more trim in the basement.
Still waiting for the great grand baby to be born. She was due monday....Dr said they will give her a week so hoping for a safe and happy delivery... First baby for them and they just moved into their first home 2 weeks ago.
Today Liam will come over to do the brakes on the truck and have supper with us...He ordered fried chicken tenders so I will make them. They did the front and now will do the back...( had to be done before we go up north in Sept.) Ken wants a new truck but they are very hard to come by,,and the prices are just not in the budget,,,we shall see.
i have 900 hexis basted they are super fast,,,sewing them is a lot slower...I did find a pack of index cards in my old recipe box and I will punch them up for papers...they are yellowed around the edges if that tells you how old they are,,,English paper piecing seems to be taking off as i see a whole lot of kits and things in the LQS. I am doing 1 inch hexis and using my 2 1/2 scraps.
Well I need to go pick up a prescription since Joanns is right there I might have to stop in and see if theres anything I need...have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 am

Good morning!

Off to the DMV in a minute. Nothing much happening in my neck of the woods. Sarah brought home our Solara. Joseph can now get in and out of their truck. His knee from surgery is healing quite nicely. He's still in a brace, and will be until about Christmas. Scott is doing well too, from his surgery.

Karlie has been very picky about a backpack and finally found one last night. It's just like Ethan's, only the print is pinks and purples. Same galaxy type print, so Baby Yoda key ring will adorn a zipper pull.

We will be over by my LQS and Jo Ann's, and I need some thread, so will stop by there on the way home, after they are open.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:50 am

Good morning,

This will be quick. I have 5 minutes before I have to meet my walking buddy.

DIANE - so sorry for all the flight fiasco! I pray your new plans go off OK.

LOIS - glad you got good vibes from the quilt shop!

JUDI - we've had very good luck buying gently used trucks. And saved a pile of $.

SUZETTE - Good luck with your hubby's test results today.

FLO - I've not heard of putting ceramic tile floors in a bedroom before. I've usually seen them in kitchens and baths.

CHRISS - that Scottie! I told him to not use the phone without supervision! But he loves us again - we brought him some scraps from a dinner at our friends. Happy Dog!

Our dishwasher was to be delivered Aug 17 - next wed. It's now Sept 9. Grrr..... I've had bits of time here and there to sew. Making slow but steady progress on my project. Today will be full of short uglies. My sis hits the road tomorrow to start their 4-day trip and will arrive here on Monday. The rest all fly in on Tuesday. We'll be ready!

Have a great day!

mary z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:55 am

Good Cloudy Morning....

The lake is telling me it's raining & the sun working hard to come out. Whoops looks like the rain stopped, that will be no help to the drought.

My computer gave me so much trouble this morning. The curser was jumping all over the place I had great difficulties clicking on things. It was crazy. I dred looking for a new one.

Have a few little uglies to do then fold laundry into the sewing room. The 1st thing is to wash the floor under the ironing board. The ironing spray I use leaves a sticky build up on the wood floor. Mmmm I think I need M&M's if I'm working in there.

The only cooking I plan on is boiling eggs. So I guess it's egg salad for dinner.

Lois.....I know what you mean about buying new fabric. It so beautiful I always want more. But it helps that some cost $16 a yard. LOL, also my LQS's fabric is on the 2ed floor with steep, small stairs. I never heard of that fly.....an other bad gift from China.

Suzette.......congrats on finishing your quilt, can't wait to see it.

Diane.....oh bummer! Keeping you in prayer.

Flo.....like the sound of all the work going on there. My 1st tomato is starting to turn red.

Lyn......will keep your SIL in my prayers.

Judi......I don't think I congratulated you on new GGB, Congrats!

Jana......there is so much needed to get the children off to school. Have fun with the fabric.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”