Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tues...Aug 9 2022

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Tues...Aug 9 2022

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:31 am

Good morning!

Another beautiful day in paradise! Looks like I will be driving uptown to Daniel's office. He fixed the jeep - appropriately named Teapot, but left the spare water on my island . The teapot has been losing water and he can't figure why. Did fixes to what he thinks and hopes he has it figured out. But, we will if needed.

I am the chauffeur, added to my other titles, until Thursday. Hopefully I'll get to sew some today.

Karlie and Ethan start school on Monday. It will be quiet around here then.

That's about it around these parts.

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:46 am

Hubby is feeling some better now. We finally got his sleep test done and get the results on Thursday. I got some done on the graduation quilt today. Not as much as I wanted tho. Oh well that is life.
Suzette

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:58 am

Hello from hot n steamy Ky 😂 sitting by pool drying off lil man just got on dry pants now riding his tractor around in the water from hose 😂

I’ve been busy interviewing for new position going to add 25 hrs to my work schedule in New Mexico I have one more interview with director in Albuquerque then will see if get job. I’m not happy with present company but will finish my contract for this year then not renew.

We started school here yesterday with lil man, yes kindergarten homeschooling oh my can’t believe he is that old already 😳

He’s quick to get lessons done by lunch so can go swim and play yesterday he cried then took nap he wasn’t re as du to start 😂😂😜

Got my log cabin quilt top together love it now in quilt pile lol working on cleopatras fan still and appliqué Christmas blocks

Nothing else new here
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Good evening. It's been a busy few days. I've been on daughter duty and in Medicare meetings. Tomorrow is Shingles shots then other than a few zoom meetings it's all about me. I love zoom because I get to stay home.

No time to sew lately, thankfully tomorrow is a new day.

Kathy, yay for extra food. Cheese can be grated and frozen, yogurt can be added to a refreshing smoothie and butter can be frozen. yum. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Lois, I also went shopping today. The dollar store and the grocery store. Both places were conducting inventory. what a mess.

Suzette, sure hope your arthritis held off so that you could get some sewing done.

Flo, we also don't have delivery here. No food or services other than UPS or post office. My waistline is thankful for that. The nearest real food source is 20 minutes away. Glad that puppy did good, rub his belly for me,

Valerie, that stary night quilt is going to be so cool. Hope you find a ramp person who can get the job done. Seems people just don't want to work anymore.

Judi, when you say Liam is helping with the brakes I think of a little kid. In my mind your grandkids are all under 10. Tomorrow will be my laundry day. Found some Capri's I like at Costco for $10 a pair, I bought two.

Diane, my dad's advice for flying. Make sure you wear shoes you can run in. Have a great trip.

Maryz, I get my second of two shingles shots tomorrow. I will be caught up shot wise until a new Covid vaccine comes out, which I will get. Haven't had Mexican layer dip in forever, I bet it was good. Coyotes are awful. Some time ago they were making so much noise around here. I heard Jerry get up, and go outside. Then I heard the shot gun go off and he came back inside. Never heard another coyote that night. They were warned. Thanks for the updates on Becca and Chickie, I've been praying for both.

Lyn, I haven't heard of the qtip advice, I will try it when I fly next.

Maryq, hope the meeting went well. How many pencil boxes are you making? I wouldn't want to be 41 again. I like that I am 59. wouldn't want to be younger for anything. The dollar store has great back to school stuff.

Jana, school starts here on the 16th. seems to get earlier and earlier.

Izzy, wow, kindergarten. Amazing. I saw the pictures on FB, he looks so grown up. Hope you get the job.

Well girls, hope you all have a great night, sleep well.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”