Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 7

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, August 7

Post by suzette58 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:55 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, yesterday we got a phone call from the sleep lab. Apparently the machine didn’t work. So, hubby is hooked up again. He does not want to go to the sleep lab and spend the night for the test. Why I don’t know. We will take it back this morning. Yes, he is being tested for sleep apnea. Today while I am sewing I will also do the laundry. Well, I am off to get my second cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a good day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, August 7

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:34 am

Good morning Suzette,
Yesterday was an in day for us it's been way to hot to be out there more heat today I keep praying for rain and everytime they say we are getting it we don't.
Well today I will be right with you suzette I have a couple of loads then some sewing I made a table runner with sunflowers on it.
Today I will put it together and quilt it.

Well thats my day.
Suzette lots of luck to your hubby with his test.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:51 am

Good morning to all

Today we definitely have to start packing for Ireland. We have the travel paperwork so now what to wear there is the questions. We'll be gone for 12 days. We land in Dublin and I want to go to the library for info.
My family was from Roscommon and my great grandparents came here in 1863 and 1864. It looks like it is in the middle of the country- so hopefully we will be able to go there.

Suzette-the sleep apnea test that I took had wires connected to a belt wrapped around my chest that went to my finger, I think a air tube for my nose that was taped to keep it in place. I felt like Frankenstein! Woke up during the night all tangled with the tubes --what a mess. I hope your hubby fares better than me with the test. I have a sleep appliance, I couldn't deal with a cpac.

Lois--Hot sticky and very humid here. Will be happy when fall comes.

Off for coffee and to start the day.
Enjoy
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 am

Good morning Another scorcher...90+ heat index is higher (dont know why but it puts fear int o the equation.)
I never got the doors painted yesterday because Ken was installing baseboards...So now that he isnt in my way I will go down and paint the doors...Baseboards are almost done lots of trim to finish and caulking the seams..we will be ready to move furniture soon...this week we will order a recliner for him to sit in,,Im sure he is looking forward to that...
No sewing here I am basting the 1 inch hexis and trying to figure how many I need for a decent sized quilt...like perhaps a twin sized,,I am betting there is a formula out there or someone has calculated it, Math is not my strong point,
My kuerig broke again same part...the little pin that punctures the cup inside the machine,,The part it inexpensive but Ken says order a new part still cheaper than a new machine. so it should come today...or tomorrow...( amazon delivers on sunday) I told you i was waiting for something else to break and it did.
Hope your day is unbroken,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:07 am

Good Sunday morning,

It IS Sunday, isn't it? Sometimes I miss a day or jump a day ahead in my mind.

DIANE - happy packing! When we went to Europe (2003) we could only pack a roll-aboard each and a small carry on. For 6 weeks. We went to a Rick Steves seminar on how and what to pack - and what NOT to pack. I took 2 pr long pants, 1 skirt, and 2 pr shoes - one I wore most days and the other, sandals which worked for 'dressy' as well. My other clothes were lightweight, like jersey, and things that could double for dressy by adding a scarf or light sweater. Everything coordinated. Things you could rinse out and hang up in your hotel and they'd be dry by morning. You might Google a long-range weather forecast for the area you will be in. It's not terribly accurate but you would at least get an idea if you are going to need much warmer clothing. But if you do, what better souvenir than a luscious Irish sweater. Unless it's fabric, of course. :D I am so excited for you! I'm even packing for you! :lol:

SUZETTE - sorry the sleep study isn't going well for your hubby. I hope third time is the charm.

LOIS - I will pray for rain for you as well as for me! We were supposed to get some last Thursday but it never happened. Our water bill is going to be astronomical because we're having to sprinkle so much. The neighbor's big maple that hangs over our yard is so stressed it's dropping leaves like fall.

JUDI - You are right - sometimes it's nice to be 'unplugged'. This is why I am rarely on FB. I'd rather sew. Sorry you didn't get your doors painted yesterday. But today is a new day! Was Chey gone just one day? And what's happening today? You were loading up a quilt, weren't you? Are you done shampooing your rug?

MARY Q - Are you back on track now after getting things sorted out yesterday? I have a friend who could use your willingness to help sort and pitch! You should get cards printed - "Have Big Heart, Will Travel".

CHRISS - how did the day go yesterday with the boys? And didn't you say they have a new little sibling on the way? When? Are you making a baby quilt? And yes, definitely, no matter how many books they have, they need more!!

Bill left at 5:30am to go get Tex and he got home a 4:45pm. It was a long day and he logged 400 miles. He was a tired puppy last night! And figuring since Annette has been pretty sick lately (going thru testing to discover the problem) I invited them to supper and so spent the morning in the kitchen. I also got the last of my yard work finished (for now). Hallelujah! And two loads of laundry, too. But no sewing. No stitching. I did have an hour to sit and read before everyone got home. Tex & Annette were VERY appreciative and when they came for supper they brought a thank you card, $200 cash for fuel, plus a $100 gift card to the nicest restaurant in town. Tex's truck is still in eastern WA to be fixed at Ford dealership, so I'm sure Bill will be driving him back to pick it up, but won't have to tow the trailer, at least! The nice part is that we know they are friends that would do the same for us. Double blessing!

Today I think I'll get back in the sewing room. I haven't made much progress the last 4 days on my black/bright leaves quilt. So today, I hope to remedy that. Also, we have a dead multi-trunked hazelnut tree that Bill's been working on taking down so I'll help him with that project, stacking the wood in the woodshed and dragging the smaller limbs off to the slash pile in the woods. It's going to be about 89* so this has to be done before 10am~ish. And we have a Boondocker - our last of the summer - parked close to that tree, so hopefully they will leave early. Otherwise, we'll do it tomorrow.

Hoping there's some kind of stitching in your day!
Mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 am

A Blest Sunday to All.
Yesterday I finally got a hitch ball the correct size so I could move the old boat to a new backyard location. Then my chainsaw and I took care of the fallen tree. I had tied it off to a tree up the hill so if it shifted it wouldn't roll into the deck. I still have more to do, but it's getting done.

Today I think I will go down the Mtn and watch the DGD in a Gymkhana horse riding event.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:44 am

Diane I also went to ireland for 10 days,,,It is cool there and rains alot..I took a spring coat which I wore on the plane nd like mary i tiik basic black slacks and basic brown and so light weight tops to fo with them,,,My friend who traveled with me took the same and scarves ti dress up the tops...We put underwer and socks and bras in a space bag and flattened them out..so everything for 10 days fit in a carryone. We shared much of our outfits and her stuff with mine made new outfits..our purses Large very large sachels has the rest of our stuff. Rxs and cosmetics were sealed in zip bags with the air removed,,,we did fine and yes we bought a lot of stuff but had it shipped home, most shops were very accomadating on the shipping, Since our husbands did carry purses their carryone contained the rest of the stuff we bought. It is a wonderful trip and you will have fun searching your family history...we actualy visited a cemetary of my friends ancestors....

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:00 am

Good morning!

We had a fun party last night. All my kids and all my grands here at the same time. Giggles, rowdy discussions and food.

Today is Stake Conference for us and since we don't want to be in a huge gathering for church, we'll watch it on Zoom here at the house.

Not much else here. Sewing for me. Michael thanks you for the bd wishes. He was very surprised at his gift. It was a real live, railroad crossbuck. Translation, the X that says railroad crossing that sits on a big post just before you cross the tracks. Daniel found it in California and brought it here. Michael also got the big post, a 8x8 piece of wood, that we will sink in concrete in the back yard to mount the crossbuck on.. Sarah is cutting the templates to paint the name of the railroad who owns that crossing. It will be Sacramento Northern, which is the railroad that Michael's grandfather worked for. Daniel has a blueprint of the actual crossbuck, so we can copy it. Where Daniel lived in California, the Sacramento Northern tracks ran by his house. The SN is long gone, being merged into the Union Pacific. Michael's love of railroads came from his grandfather, who also was a signal engineer.

Enjoy this beautiful day,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:30 am

Good Sunday Morning Every one!

Not much sun here, but that's ok... makes it a wee bit cooler and with luck I'll be able to turn off the AC and open some windows!

Suzette... Sorry to hear your DH still can't get a clear read on the at-home test! Gotta be frustrating for both of you. Maybe he just doesn't want to be away from YOU over night :)

Lois.... Maybe the rain we had yesterday will head your way... though I have a feeling it will get stuck along the way. As much as I hate the heat,... and love fall temps.... I sure ain't anxious for winter!

Diane..... When packing ... Zippy bags are your friend! When I went to Scotland, and we stayed at B & B's along with way... I packed one complete outfit in each zippy bag, squeezed out the air and packed. Then when we got to each place, I didn't have to drag my whole suitcase in.. I just pulled out one outfit, then packed the dirty clothes back in the bag. Grabbed a separate little bag of misc necessities--tooth brush etc too. Made it so much easier to NOT have to drag suitcase. There were 8 women on the tour in a van and we left me suitcase on the bottom. Everybody dragged there's in and I left mine in the van.. SO SO much easier! And I'm still jealous!

Judi.... Did you buy new furniture for your new basement? That's going to be a fun family room right? You're kidding... 1" HEXIES! Oh my gosh! I tried hand sewing some hexies and did about 5 and said.. .uh uh no way! Ain't happening!

Maryz.... I can imagine how exhausted everybody was when they got home. But isn't it great to have friends like that.. You just know they would be there for you in a heartbeat. Are they staying in your B & B in the back yard? KC sent me pictures of her place last night--she worked all day cleaning and it was SO beautiful. I almost got schmoopy! She is so happy and pleased with how it looks and the little table she has now.

Lyn..... Sure was nice to chat with you the other night... we sure do like to talk don't we! :lol: :lol:

Jana... Sounds like a nice noisy evening at your house. My Dad used to collect trains too for a while. I knew a guy once who had a whole bedroom just for his train set up and had to wire a whole bunch of extra electrical stuff to make everything work!

Ok, so you know how I have ADD when it comes to sewing stuff.... well just about everything ... :lol: I've been gathering school supplies for a local project called "Project Pencils" and made the mistake of checking out You tube and Pinterest for little fabric pencil cases. So yesterday I watched an easy Tutorial on Youtube and proceeded to cut out about 20 sets of fabric for zippered pencil cases. . Am I crazy OR WHAT! So the POTD here today is making cases for local schools! Man I must be nuts.... but that's okay... by the end of the day I'll deserve that glass of wine I'm planning on!

For now I need more coffee and a shower!

Happy Sunday Every one

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in to let you know that slowly but surely I am getting better. I actually ate some fruit yesterday. I have been drinking water and ice tea all along so don't get dehydrated but just not hungry. Still haven't read any posts for several days so don't know what you are doing. Hope to get to that soon. I have not felt this bad in many years and it is going on 2 weeks. My doctor says it just has to work itself out and to take it easy. Hope none of you get Covid. I don't know where I picked it up. Doug is bringing me a few groceries I need today.

Will keep praying for all of you who need prayers and hope to get back to normal for me soon. Have a good weekend.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”