Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, August 6th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, August 6th

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:39 am

Good morning everyone.
It has been a rough night here at our house. Hubby had to re-do the sleep test, it was raining and one of our dogs is afraid of the noise when it rains hard. I gave up trying to sleep and watched tv and fell asleep on the sofa. This morning we have to return the sleep monitor to the hospital. Then I am hoping to get to work on the graduation quilt. Not many more strips to sew together. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to get another cup of coffee.
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saturday, August 6th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:41 am

Good Hot(for me)& Humid Morning......

It will be this way all next week with chance of rain. Summer, Summer all week. I had to turn the AC on at 7:30am or there will be on uglies done today. I got all the laundry done last night, so there's a big pile to fold.
I've been up all night so we'll see how long I last cleaning. Nothing happening here much, big day for grass cutting.

Suzette......sleeping is getting to be a tough thing for our group. Happy Sewing!!

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

Maryz.......thanks for the posting reminder.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:49 am

Morning
Today is going to be hot & humid, so staying inside once I water my tomatoes. Joe will take 2 8x11 throw rugs from living room outside and pressure wash them. I will clean floors and dust. Kids will probably come over at some point.

My knee is doing better, but not completely well. I am wearing a brace to let it heal without twisting it again.
Have a sew great day
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:56 am

Good morning, Suzette, Kathy, and Flo.
Sorry for the sleepless night! Flo, glad you are doing better.
Foggy here today to start, but we have lots of heat headed our way. Muggy and hot!
Will be sewing most of the day. Planning to work on the purse I have been planning for my other sister. I will share a picture when I finish.
This coming week is preparations for our church annual rummage sale. It's a huge amount of teamwork to set up. I will volunteer a couple days. It's a popular event for the community. People look forward to our event each year.
Time to get more coffee β˜•β˜•β˜•.
Have a great Saturday! Get a good nap, Suzette and Kathy!!! 😴😴
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:46 am

Good sunny morning from SC.

Unfortunately yesterday Laura was in to much pain to go to the vets cafe with me. Please keep her in your prayers today. I'll talk to her later this morning.

Lyn--My DGD had the jaw spreader and within a year had it go back to where it was before. She has braces now and the dentist hopes it will correct the problem for her. She misses her trumpet thou and hopefully will go back to it when they come off.

Maryq- The trip to Ireland was our 50th anniversary gift to each other. Then covid came and countries were closed and no one was travelling so this is 3 years later and fingers crossed now.

I hope everyone has a great and bright day .
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:07 am

Good morning,

It was an early, busy morning here. Our friend, Tex, was pulling his 39-foot fifth-wheel and called last night. He made it over the Cascades to Yakima - 160 miles away - and broke down. We told him about a rest area close to where he was and he made it that far and spent the night there. Bill left at 5:30 to go get the trailer and tow it home for him and Tex's insurance is having his pick-up towed home (but they won't tow the trailer). So Tex called Bill, who called, our DBIL in CO, who called his best friend, a diesel mechanic. All four guys were texting and conference calling for an hour last night, deciding what might be the problem and best course of dealing with it. This will be an all day venture so I fixed Bill a big breakfast (eggs, toast, nectarine) and packed him and Tex a lunch. Now I'm on my own all day. We have a Boondocker coming around noon and that's usually Bill's job to get them parked and hooked up to power/water, so I guess I'll be doing that today.

Yesterday I poured on the coal and got almost all my yard work finished. Hooray! I also got the trailer ready for my brother and straightened up the garage - again. I've got a lot of cross-outs on my to-be-accomplished list! :D This morning another hour will finish up with the yard. Then I plan to work some more on my quilt, my cross-stich, and my menu plans and shopping list for when my family is here. Yesterday in Supper Club Tina told us how she makes Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and I think I might try that for one night's supper. She makes it sound easy and tasty. I've never had or made any before.

I'm off now to clean my kitchen and get another cuppa before heading outside.
Stay cool!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:35 am

Good morning!

Rain here too. We are jumping for joy with that forecast. It's already muggy, but cool.

I got some more of the applique embroidery work done on my bench pillow yesterday, but this next section is a bit different in how it's done, and my brain was a bit fried, so I will do it today. So far, so good .

Today will be a busy morning getting the food ready for Michael's BD dinner tonight. It's a simple taco bar, so lots of chopping. I cheated and bought preformed shells. Normally I would fry up my own, but not for 20 people. I will have all my kids and grands here tonight. A first of many times, now Daniel is here. My Sandee and Scott won't be here. Scott had major surgery on Thursday . Awhile ago, both he and Sandee did the weight loss surgery, and he did really good at losing the weight, kept it off,, so decided to do the tightening of all the baggy skin left from that. So he is recovering at home, across the street. Sandee did well at losing weight, but has put some back on. Scott's surgery lasted over 6 hours!

Kari passed and is now a official Utahn! She got her Utah driver's license. Daniel needs to wait as his Social security card is nowhere to be found. A replacement is on the way. It's required to get your license here. They are waiting for the title to Kari's car, they just paid it off, so when that pink slip arrives, they'll change all the vehicles too.

Sarah's sod company, as a perk to her, paid for a maid service to come and deep clean her house. They did a fabulous job, so Michael said I can hire them too, to deep clean. And, the big "and" - have them come in twice a month to clean my house! Whoo hoo for me! They did everything, including windows! Monday I call to schedule this company for me. Humm, now I will have to clean before the maid gets here! LOL!

Enjoy your Saturday!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:59 am

JANA - congrats to Kari on becoming an official resident of Utah! Has she always lived in CA before this? I have a good friend, also named Sandy, who had that weight loss surgery. Then later had the excess skin removed and everything tightened up. She said that was worse recovery than the original operation. I feel for your Scott and wish him well as he recovers.

DIANE - I hope Laura is feeling better today. And Ireland, here you come! How long will you be there? Will you go any place else? Scotland? Wales? England?

FLO - glad you're feeling better. Great idea to pressure wash those room rugs!

KATHY - insomnia kind of comes with our age group I think. I don't like it much. :x

VELDA - sounds like you are busy helping set up the church rummage sale. Like playing 'store' when we were kids! I hope you are having fun!

SUZ - You've gotten a lot of rain! This summer is either roasting hot or flooding. I'm afraid what next summer is going to bring!

Now I'm off to get started on my to-do list for the day.

Later, Dudettes!
mz

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:45 am

Good morning internet was down this morning so I hd to get busy...Finished shampooing the carpet and did laundry,,,now I will go to the basement and paint the 3 doors...they are already primed. atwer that it will be what ever I can find to do,,,,Cheyenne and her Dad are going up to the lake for the day,,,Funny how much gets done when the internet goes down...LOL Hope you all have a great day.....Ken alwasy used to tell me to hire a housekeeper but Im too fussy and cheap LOL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 am

Good Rainy Morning!

SO SO SO nice to see the rain. and it looks like it's going to rain allllllllllll day!

Suzette.... Oh so sorry to hear you had a rough night....Will you be able to sneak in a nap today? Bummer that your DH's machine didn't work right.... I wonder if they will have him go in for an over night sleep study. I suppose they are testing to see if he needs a C-Pap machine.

Kathy.... I wonder if your bio-rhythums aren't mixed up... You know how babies sometimes get their days and nights mixed up? :lol: I never thought I had allergies, but now that I take a Claritan every night I'm sleeping so much better... and wake up earlier! Now If I would just get myself OUT OF BED when I wake up... I could get a lot more down around here.

Flo.... Most of the time I love being single.... but for some stuff it's so nice to have a guy around---and a handy one at that. You're a lucky gal to have Joe do some of the "heavy lifting" for you!

Velda... OH gosh, I can only imagine how much work it is setting up that garage sale! Hopefully people that "donate" their stuff don't leave you a lot of junk. Maybe you'll be lucky and somebody will drop off a lot of fabric for your quilt projects!

Diane.... So sorry to hear Laura is hurting! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back. Are you taking a planned tour? Or just going on your own. Most of the roads in Ireland are SUPER narrow and seeing those buses maneuver.... kind of scary.. and yes it's true, you do sometimes have to wait until the sheep get out of the road. But you will certainly some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Maryz.... One of these days.. when you have a little extra energy.. .can you send me some! I don't need to do yard work, but this whole house has turned into a work shop and it's a MESS! I need some of what ever you're taking to get it done around here! I lose a day when I go to KC"s then it takes me a whole day to recover and clean up the stuff she sends home with me! :lol: :lol: What great friends you are for Tex... And that Bill... well he's a PRINCE to travel to help Tex out and get him safely to where he needs to go! I love people like that!

Jana.... Won't it be fun to have a house full of family! All good wishes for Scott as he recovers.. I've heard that surgery can be painful! But YEAH for HIM!!! And for Kari too.. now an official UTAH-ian? Or Utahan? Lucky girl to have someone come clean! When I was working and the kids were little DEX wanted a cleaning lady too. It was so nice to come home to a clean house. The kids still had to clean their own rooms.... I wasn't going to pay somebody to do that!

Judi.... You know, that if you want Chey off the phone... you can un-plug the modem and then tell her "Oh the internet must be out" Thanks for the heads up on the carpet cleaner.. I might my own shampooer a try this fall, even tho the carpets were cleaned in March... there's some spots (me did it).

Opened some windows and the doors this morning... oh how wonderful to hear the sound of a gentle rain! POTD of the day will be cleaning up messes of course and at least TRYING To actually FINISH something. I have 4 quilt tops I need to get "Viv ready" bordered and find backings. I think it's a "whole-pot-of-coffee" day! Time for more!

wishing you all a SUPER Saturday

Return to β€œSew ins”