Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, AUGUST 1st

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Monday, AUGUST 1st

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:24 am

Lyn -

I use Quicken here for my record keeping. That's how I do my checkbook. I come home and post what I spent. As for tax info, I have a file folder in the file cabinet that when I need to save something for taxes, I just drop it in there. It's marked current tax info - simple for me! LOL. Don't even look at that folder until I do my taxes.

Now with that, I goofed my taxes up last year big time and got the nasty letter that I couldn't - didn't qualify for a deduction and I owed them about 800 dollars more. I dutifully paid it and then last week I got a check back from the scoundrels for money they said they owed me! Sheesh! That was the first time I goofed up in 47 years of doing my taxes!

On a happier subject, i use a Pellon lightweight fusible interfacing that's on the bolt for turning appliques. I bought the whole bolt when it was on sale. It works good for me. I use it on the back of my fabric as a stabilizer for machine embroidery work too. I have been using this pellon with my Lori Holt quilts for appliques. Turns nicely and fuses well before I stitch it down.

Well, my yard will be ugly for another month. The landscaper will start in September. Uggh! The neighbors have asked why our yard is dead too. Will be glad if August flies by quickly!

Bye, again,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am

Good morning All
Sorry not been on here . I have been extremely busy. Jim put his back out and cant do anything. I am taking him to chiro this afternoon. I have had it all to do besides waiting on him. LOl It takes a lot of time to pick produce been putting a little bit up in freezer. Also doing yard work.
I have had time to sew in eveings. Got my quilts back from Teresa. Got binding on and ready to hand stich down.
One important question; Tina Whenn are we starting Secret Santa. I dont want to miss sign up.and I need time to make something. Gish I wish my life would slow down. I remember the first year I joined in I believe you and someone else kept telling me to PM Maryq . Except I had no Idea what you were talking about. So someone in the chat told me what to do. LOL And I ended up getting Maryq I was happy I finally got signed up.
I will try to get back with all of you later or tomorrow. Got to go move taters off of porch.
And finish cleaning onions. His appt .is later in the afternoon.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:07 pm

If you want good customer service listen to this....I needed a good pair of scissors for cutting and they had to be sharp...The usual criteria for sewing scissors so I ordered a pair of 9 inch sheers from a company called Guggenheim....they were 50% off. ( around $25 on sale) they came and they are super sharp will cut through layers and sharp all the way to the tips....Problem is they are huge and I have small hands,,,they were also heavy,,,So I emailed the company asking to return them....they refuses the return but instead sent me free of charge a brand new pair of smaller lighter sheers.. These are better suited for me I did ask again if I could return the larger ones they said no maybe I can pass them on to someone who needs them..It is this kind of service and quality we seldom see in a company,,,If you need new scissors please look at these...great service and all this happened in a span of 2 weeks so they are fast too xxxxxxxxoooooooo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:52 pm

Judi, thanks for sharing that story. It's so nice to hear of positive interactions with companies.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”