Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need Prayers please.....family falling apart on all sides!

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

Need Prayers please.....family falling apart on all sides!

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:48 am

Hi, I will try to keep this brief but we sure could use some prayers for our family. Sorry I keep asking but this time so many problems, don't know where to turn some days.

Our son and DDIL came over on July 4th and announced they are selling their home here in Phx area and moving back to KCMO. Total surprise to us. They moved us down here with them 2 yrs ago. Their DD & SNIL still live in KCMO and other DD is in Fla at Disneyworld. They miss their kids, or so they say. But bottom is dropping out of housing mkt here in AZ, almost overnight, and they can't afford to move if it does not sell. So no idea what will happen there.

DD3 just found out this wk that she has breast cancer. She just turned 51 in June. Went in for biopsy last week, now getting ready for a lumpectomy I think in a few wks. Said Stage A-1 so hopefully catching it early. But so many things she will have to go thru and has a son almost 15 yrs old. Her DH is not handling it well and his mom doesn't even want to talk about it. DD3 definitely needs prayers for support, patience, and Hope for tomorrow. She is trying to hold it all together for everyone else when she is the one who needs them now. Rod's mom died from breast cancer when it returned 5 yrs later. So genetic on that side of the family. None on my side tho.

I have been to ER twice in the last month. First time from severe attack of diverticulitus. Spent 7 hrs in ER, but finally sent home with lots of restrictions on diet and 2 kinds of antibiotics. Made me very sick and had lots of problems from meds but finally recovered from that. Still watching diet tho.

Then this last tue, I had a very bad nose bleed and couldn't get it stopped. had blood all over me, my clothes etc. Dh kept screaming at me," Don't panic", when he was absolutely frantic. (I am his caregiver most of the time) Finally told me to grab shoes and purse, and we went to ER.(we live 8 blocks from the hosp) I walked in with all my bloody clothes still on, and washcloth over my nose and mouth. I got in really fast. Spent 5 hrs there, finally packed my nose and sent me home. Just went to ENT this am, removed packing and cauterized my nose. Finally I can breathe again and maybe smell and taste food without nose packed for 3-4 days. But need to rest and be careful for 10 days. In this household, that is impossible.

DH, Rod, is having so many problems. Neuropathy in feet so bad can barely walk some days. His MGUS is getting worse number readings and may need some kind of bone marrow test in a few months. Guess it causes cancer of the bones or something. I don't understand it. Diabetes is getting worse. Other health problems too. And he is very upset that our son is moving. I take care of him most of the time, so he is having a hard time with me suddenly being sick. He worries about DD3 and cancer too.

Rod's sister back in NY just went thru several family members with covid but they are ok now. My sister in NM had lots of family members with covid and lost some earlier this yr to covid. Not good in NM still.

So you see folks, just put in a prayer for my family if you can. God knows what we need. And this group is the most wonderful prayer warriors I have ever seen. I do pray for all my QIAD friends every day. I know we all have problems and need prayers and caring in our lives too.

God bless each and every one of you today and all your tomorrows too. Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts and words in the past. Life is not easy somedays and without Faith in God, not sure I could handle much of this stuff at all.

Hugs and love and prayers across the miles for you and your families today too. Shirley Mae (ittybittygma)

WeeOne

Re: Need Prayers please.....family falling apart on all sides!

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:22 pm

Shirley Mae, sending prayers for All your family.
Since your son wanted y'all to move to Arizona with them, are you moving back to KCMO?
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:13 pm

ShirleyMae, as I read your post I prayed for each person. I will pray for your family when I say my prayers each night.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:11 pm

Chris, Thank you so much for your prayers and kind and comforting thoughts and words.

I so enjoy reading about your family, Marilyn has grown up while we sat on the sidelines and watched. I admire Jerry for his cooking. My DH does that too but with his failing health, I am having to cook more and more. Haven't done it much for a long long time so almost forgot how to cook. Praying that your new career with medicare works out well for you. You have a knack for helping others and listening to them too. Thank you for being you. May God bless your family today and always. ps Love that you spend time with the parents too. I miss mine so much, enjoy every minute you have with them. Mine have been gone for a long long time.

Hugs and love across the miles, Shirley Mae and family

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Lyn, Thank you for your prayers. I know you are going thru so much with your own problems right now too. You are always in my prayers for good health, much happiness on the road or otherwise. Praying things improve for your DH.

Sorry you had take up the driving and most of the responsibilities of that life style. When DH became ill in 2012, we had to get off the road. I still miss that, loved the life on the road. But drs said no more. I couldn't drive the motorhome anyway. I admire you for picking up the pcs, driving, and doing all that is required for both of you. May God bless you both as you travel on thru life.

No we are NOT moving back to KC. We bought a condo and are happy where we are now. Son only plans to live there a yr anyway. Then they want to move again, maybe to Fla where other dtr is for a yr. Or maybe to No East area of country.

They want to live in places a while and travel in that area and move on. We told them simpler to do that in a motorhome etc but can't believe they want to pack up and move every yr or so. That is NUTS! They own a house here but say they will rent from now on. But so far not even a bid on the house. Housing mkt has dropped here in AZ very suddenly and interest rates going up. They have a nice home worth almost $500,000 but not sure any buyers out there right now. He is retired military so guess they can do whatever they want whenever they want. I give up.

WE will put out faith in God and know HE will get us thru whatever lies ahead for both Rod and I. Our health is changing and we are getting olderrrrrrr.

Thanks again for being you and praying for us. Touches our hearts to know others care when they have prolems of their own to worry about.

God bless across the miles. Take care and enjoy your life on road as long as you can. Hugs and love and prayers for your family too. Shirley Mae

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:56 am

Shirley Mae -
I am so sorry you have had so much going on in your family. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:23 am

Shirley I'm so very sorry for the problems you are dealing with now. Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers. You are never alone, you have an army of unseen sisters banding together in prayer to circle you in a protective hug.
Diane

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:48 am

Thank you every one for your kind and caring thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much it means to me and my family to know others are out there praying for us and supporting us with comforting words.

Suzette, your name always makes me smile. For some reason when I hear your name, Suzette, I think of a very special french lady in an elegant long flowing dress, carrying a parasol, and wearing a slightly tilted hat with a fluffy white feather, Thank you for taking time to say you are praying for me.

Velvet, another very pretty name. Your words about "never being alone, and having an army of unseen sisters banded in prayer to circle us in a protective hug" brought a warmth and caring feeling to me this am. What a beautiful thought. I need that so badly right now. And I do feel "hugged" by you all today.

Thank you everyone for always being there for my family. I so enjoy everyones family stories and exciting lives and pics of your awesome quilts. I can no longer quilt but you all inspire me with your own quilting projects. So many of you do for others in the midst of your own busy lives. May God bless each and everyone of you today, and all your tomorrows too. I say a prayer for all my QIAD friends and family too each day.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:24 am

SHIRLEY MAE - so sorry to hear of all the trials your family is going through right now. If/when your son moves, do you have any family left in the PHX area? Please know we'll be praying for you and everyone else in your family.

mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:18 am

Shirley Mae, so sad to hear the problems are mounting in your family. Praying God's Grace be shed on you and all the family. Praying for a fresh new day that brings you comfort and hope in Christ Jesus.
"What a friend we have in Jesus!. All our sins and griefs to bare. What a priveledge to carry, everything to God in prayer".
That is by far, my very favorite hymn. It brings me so much comfort and hope. Are you familiar with it?
If, so, review all the verses. Perhaps it can give you more hope and comfort.
†******

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He'll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”