Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 29th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

July 29th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:50 am

Good morning where is everyone? I was up early and went to the store and got some things to make dessert for the memorial service tomorrow I will do chocolate cup cakes and brownies...since I am not a chocolate fan this will keep the temptation down. we will drive down to indiana in the morning,,It is a 3 and a half hour drive...one of my sons is going with us...the youngest son will not be able to attend since his DD has covid. He is not sure if he will be carrying it or not...No symptom are reported but my gran daughter works in a dentist office and they test frequently AND she attended a country western festival last weekend. one of her other friends also is positive. she has no symptom except fatique at this time, i so believe everyone will eventually get this crap. vaccine or no,,,,but we are fully vaccinated.
After I am done baking I will probably gtry to sew a bit...The latest stitchers garden block calls for twin needle sewing and a cording foot work...I have forgotten all this from the first go around so am reteaching myself...it will be a pretty block. well the oven is preheated so off i go to be "Betty Crocker" this morning,,,have a wonderful day,,,The girls are slill sleeping untill they smell chocolate baking,,,LOL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS My brother in laws sister died yesterday so prayers for that family are asked they say death comes in 3s So we wait,,,( please allow me to count the squirrel who bit the big one on our road..... ;)

FlorenceM

Re: July 29th 2022

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:18 am

Morning Judi and all to follow
Today is grocery store day. Other than that, watching to see if we get rain.
Lyn, live the pony fleece. Now brain storming what to do with it.
Have a sew great day
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:31 am

Good morning!

I'm up - sort of. Noisy airplanes! My little rooster is so much nicer!

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Gracie and Lila will be here later this afternoon. Karlie will be happy to have a playmate. Lila got a haircut - planned. Just a cute bob to her shoulders. She's learning to take care of combing her own hair and when it was long, she had a hard time. She looks adorable.

Looks like we may get a bit of rain, with the accompanying thunderstorms today. Didn't get my rug yet, maybe this morning. There's a discussion between the interior decorator and the engineer. One just doesn't have a clue about where it's placed and how it's being used. The discussion will be settled correctly today.

Sew and do fun stuff!

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:36 am

Good morning, Judi, and everyone else,

JUDI - I loved the pictures of your basement! What a transformation! Mary Q was right - we should hold a Cinderella ball down there! Can't wait until you "move in"! Sorry for more Covid in your family. You are right - we will probably all have it at some point. But at least with the vaccines, our chances are a lot greatly improved. Have a safe trip to the memorial service. Sorry your family is going through this terrible time. My heart goes out to your niece. I'm glad you made choc cupcakes and brownies. I love real chocolate but not chocolate flavored things. (or banana either, just in case you need to know that.) Much easier to not snitch bites.

FLO - good luck with grocery day. I'm finding more and more empty shelves here.

LOIS - what's on your list today?

Holy Hail Pellets, LYN! - Estes hail made it on the national news last night and it looked like the aftermath of a big winter storm! And you only live 5 miles away and didn't get any? Mother Nature is off her meds, for sure! A bummer that Garry's bloodwork got messed up. Didn't this happen before? I guess you could say you live a structured nomadic life. :D You don't wander around without a plan, but you do move about the country.

JANA - I love it! An EIR! :lol: So? Did you go back and get the rug? We found the purrfect one for our family room at Lowe's. They also had smaller accent rugs that matched. We bought them all! One thing, a rug will help muffle the noise....

VALERIE - You do know that you can call 811 for a free locate on those gas lines, right? And they come out within a few days. That is nationwide. We've done it. About 1/4 mile down our road some landscapers hit a gas line last year and it was a big deal - huge fire response, people evacuated, roads blocks. They didn't call before they digged! :(

CHRISS - that's too bad that people can't start cleaning up their burned mess but have to wait until the state comes in to do it. We all know how quickly government entities jump on any project! I really feel for the displaced folks - not only to lose their homes and everything they own, but then have to wait before they can rebuild. I don't have a ceiling fan in my hot little sewing room, but I do have a fan fan in the window. And I have a hot iron 6 feet away from me. But I hung in there until 3pm yesterday because I'm a trooper! I got 8 more 6" leaf blocks made. Each one is different so choosing the fabrics is fun, but that means I have to cut each block individually - no mass cutting. That's what is taking so much time - choosing and cutting. But I have no where else to be, so that's OK. My neighbor/daily walking buddy is cleaning out her very crammed craft room and gave me two bags of fabrics. And in there was 2 yds of the very black I needed for this project. How lucky was that!!

MARY Q - I missed you yesterday. Whatcha' been doin'? Is your surg site sore? How many stitches did you get? When do you go back to KC's?

They've extended our heat wave a few more days. We won't be cooling down until Monday at which time we're going to drop down into the 70's and maybe have a little bit of rain. It's probably going to feel freezing to us after a week of 90's! I haven't been doing much but playing leisurely in my sewing room. All day long and I only finished 8 more blocks. But I'm having a relaxing, enjoyable week and getting to "read" some audio books as I work. But my mind is starting to turn toward my dusty picture frames and scuffed baseboards and let's not forget the spider webs in the high corners. There is work to be done next week. So I'm soaking up my relaxed pace of this week.

Find today's joy!
mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:05 am

Good morning to all
The appointment for appliance adjustment was next Thurs. not yesterday. BUT I did stop and "visited" the lqs for a bit. LOL.
Today going to lunch with Laura at the vets cafe. There are 5 vets getting quilts and we'll be watching.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 am

Good morning Ladies,

Today I've been up since early we had a few errands to run and they are all done I'm going to ask very nicely later if Mr Bill will take me to staples I have a paper piecing pattern that I would like copied and it's a quilt called book nerds so if he can't there will always be tomorrow.

I was thinking how are the newly we'd couples are doing.

Well thats all the news from here.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:25 am

Good morning everybody I noticed that some are concerned about the flooding here in Kentucky that’s in the lower eastern part of Kentucky closer to the Virginia/ Carolina line I am if you ever look at Kentucky and you see the very top of Kentucky I am dead center of Kentucky so I am pretty far from most rivers the closest river to me is green river and that water would never reach where I’m at
Not to mention my house is on the top of the hill and all the water runs to the bottom of the hill so we’d have floating goats may be from the creek that runs along our farm but nothing more than that🤪😂
It’s really muddy here and yes we have gotten a lot of rain this week I think in the past few days we’ve got 2 1/2 inches already and they’re expecting more like another inch and a half to 2 inches in our area come Sunday so yeah keep a Eastern Kentucky in your prayers because that was a very crazy thing that happened there with the rivers just overflowing in the reason is it’s so dry here that it didn’t even have time to soak into the ground it literally just raised the rivers and came out the banks

I do have baby piggies they were born this morning we have 64 boys two girls and they are doing really good mama was super hungry when I went in this morning so she hadn’t even ate the afterbirth yet so she’ll take care of that here in a bit I’m sure

Also woke to a cow out she was laying in my Orchard and a few minutes ago she decide she’s going to be in my front yard so I had to go put her back up

Always fun on the farm here early in the morning
I got both of my table runners quilted in binded so this afternoon we’re going to decorate the church for homecoming am I will try to get some pictures posted

Nothing else new here

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:52 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. We are supposed to be just shy of 100 today. I have one load in the wash and a second load waiting to be in the wash and then my chores will be done.

Today I need to go to JC Penny to return some shoes I ordered online. I will also do a bit of grocery shopping while in town.

Yesterday a friend and I went to an estate sale. This sale has been going on all month. They still have way too much stuff, and the sale is over on Saturday. They did have two older Singer machines with wooden carry cases, but the machines were hand crank. Imagine how long it would take to sew a lotto block with a hand crank machine.

The Oak Fire report from last night shows 90 houses destroyed. 42% contained and 19,100 acres burned. Over 6,000 residents evacuated. It's unfathomable. I'm seeing on the news of the flooding in, I believe, Kentucky. People are trapped in their homes. I'm not sure if it would be easier to recover from a fire or a flood. Either way it's a huge loss.

Judi, safe travels tomorrow. Hope the girls don't plow through those cupcakes and make you have to stop at a bakery along the way.

Flo, I'll meet you at the grocery store.

Jana, little girls are so cute with their bob haircuts. Go get that rug.

Maryz, so glad you got your black fabric, you have a kind walking buddy.

Diane, better to miss an appointment because it is next week rather than last week. Does this mean next week will bring another trip to the LQS?

Lois, I googled book nerds quilt. Love it. Are you a book nerd:?

Izzy, I so wish we could have your rain here.

My last load is now in the wash, waiting till it all finishes up so I can go into town. but first, breakfast.

You all have a super duper day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:54 am

Good Morning Girls

Today will be a "chat and scoot" ... I should have gotten out of bed sooner so now I'm running late. Yesterday I was up and out to take Miss Evie to work (she has a job a local saddle shop) and Mom had an early meeting, so I got to play taxi! I love it!

I'm going to jump in the shower soon and head off to KC's. We both agree that we are almost done so I'm hoping that maybe 1 or 2 more visits will wrap it up. She has a lot of boxes of nick-nacks and dishes etc to go through, but I think I will leave that all up to her. I'll keep in touch and visit now and then... I told her I can help her with some small quilts and she will "pay" me in fabric... she has a ton of jelly rolls and layer cakes etc (which I love) so we will work out a deal.

Can't believe it's the end of July already! Soon I'll be taking the kids for their back to school shopping! I started taking them when Brennen went to kindergarten! Evie said that her Mom thinks Brennen should come along just to keep an eye on Nana--that I don't get tempted to grab more spiral notebooks! :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to a week ahead of "no place to go" starting tomorrow. Oh except for the grocery store ! So I'll have time tomorrow morning to catch up and chat with you all. A day without the forum is a day without sunshine!

Have a Fabulous Friday!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 am

And I'm back!

I wanted to tell you that Becca and CA received his comfort quilt yesterday and she e-mailed me a very nice thank you. I posted it over in PFTH if you'd care to read it.

LOIS - I have that Book Nerd pattern, too. I haven't made it yet but it's still on my to-do-God-only-knows-when list. I can tell you from long experience (I refer to my Lord of the Rings project) that it is worth it to buy a pack Carol Doak's paper piecing papers. It is SOOO much easier to sew and later remove than copy paper. QIAD has it on sale occasionally and that's where I get mine. But thank you for reminding me of that pattern! I think I will dig it out today and study it. And maybe get it kitted up for Texas!

MARY Q - I agree - a day with my QIAD forum is like a day without sunshine. (never mind that I've been praying for cloudy rainy days lately! :lol: ) Do you really think only 1 or 2 more days will do it at KC's? Are you helping with her whole house or just the fabric portions of it?

mary z

Return to “Sew ins”