Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 26,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday July 26,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:56 am

Good morning Everyone,

I've been up for a few hours already stripped the bed and washing everything it's suppose to be another hot day but humidity will be lower we had a few claps of thunder and 1 down pour yesterday and that was it .
We had a nice Visit with the kids.
Today we have to go to the store to get some fruit and vegetables other stuff will get tomorrow.

Well thats all the news here.
Have fun today.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday July 26,2022

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:59 am

Good morning,

LOIS - Nice to see the kids! And good luck shopping today!

JANA - when does school start in your area? I wore school uniforms all 12 years and even then I loved them. Blue & white plaid jumpers, white blouse, and blue sweater for first 8 years. In high school we moved to skirts and blazers. And loafers or saddle shoes. All 12 years at St. Leo's Catholic school. Uniforms solve so many fashion and social problems!

LYN, sorry you didn't get your tree taken care of, but sounds like you made lemonade from the weekend anyway!

MARY Q - I figured you'd say that - no clotheslines in your neighborhood. I don't always hang all the clothes, but it's so nice for fabric, quilts, whites, and lycra items. Did you get all the appliances hooked up correctly last night?

CHRISS, Mother of Hero Richie! - what a great story! :lol: I imagine you are getting tired of being asked 'how close is the new fire?" But - how close is it?? Do you keep your car packed with evac things in fire season? That Oak Fire looks like a monster.

VAL - my August blocks will be on their way soon! I guess there's no real rush. But at the way all your players are sewing, we'll be done with Aug before it even gets here! :lol:

JUDI - how goes the battle at your house?? They will finish the floor today, right? Did you get any sewing time at all?

Big doin's here today - it's Mr. Scottie's 9th birthday! There won't be cake - too hot to bake and we just finished Bill's birthday cake. But there will be extra cookies and at least one Frosty Paw! And I'm sure the cat will want to sing to him. :D

I did finish my Aug lotto blocks - 4 of them - yesterday. I also cleaned up my fabric shelves, refolding some things, restacking. tidying. I have a few more shelves to do. They'll get messed up the first time I start pulling again, but that's OK. I have a mess in my sewing room to clean up today. And I stumbled across a pattern that has caught my fancy. Black background with brightly colored batik fall leaves. All pieced. That may be my next project. I'm still looking for ideas for a Nutcracker Suite quilt. I have found a few and even ordered some skinny patterns from Ribbon Candy. But I'm waiting to hear what it is that Autumn wants before I sink real money into this project. And she is still in the middle of her move while trying to work full time.

Today is going to be upper 90's here so I may take my cross-stitch and a book and go hide in the lower level of the house or even out in the trailer with A/C on. For sure, I won't be sewing. My room has a western window and gets pretty warm on hot afternoons.

Be cool!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:31 am

Good morning I have been up since 530 but jumped into cleaning some messes and finished the scrap purge in my sewing room...All the hexis are ready all the cathederal windows are ready and all the yoyos are reay for the times when I get the hand work time...
Theguys are here doing the floor in the basement and should be done about noon...Counter top guys are coming in the morning tomorrow,and after that I need to shampoo the carpets up stairs and maybe get some LOL spring cleaning finished. I have 2 area rugs to clean also...Laundry is going..I think I need a vacation...but i have spent all my money,,LOL. ope your having a productive day...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwe are in the 80s all week...AC is running here...Mary no sewing time yet but I think i will make a stichers garden block next.....

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:38 am

Good morning
Lois: We had shopping today, too. As you call it, scavenger hunt. Today's shortages were, tissues ( no store brand, and all other were in multi packs, and some with "added lotion"). I absolutely hate the ones with lotion!
Then in coffee isle: extremely limited supply!!
No 1/2 caf and almost double the price!! No wonder people horde - media makes suggestions of upcoming shortages and people grab what they can get. Not to forget all the shipping problems, etc. A trip to the store can really be challenging!!
Maryz: You sure are the busiest lady! Already done with August Lotto?? Holy cow!! And so organized in your sewing room! What a gal!
We are enjoying some much needed rain 🌧️☔🌧️ today. Loving the cooler temps as well. My flowers are getting their water from "mother nature" - none better than rain from God.
I hope to spend more time sewing 🧵🪡 today.
Yesterday, I got my house cleaned and hummingbird nectar made. They really are feeding heavy. It's not even migration time yet for a long while.
Judi, you doubled with me. Good luck with all the installation. Glad you got all your projects so organized. That must feel great!
Well, back to my late my coffee ☕☕.
Have a fine day , y'all.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 am

Good Cloudy Morning!

Looks like rain YIPEE!!!

Lois... Man you are ambitious early in the morning! Are you one of those people that practically bounces out of bed!? :lol: :lol: On cloudy days like this I'm so tempted to crawl back into bed! :lol:

Maryz.... The kids didn't make it over last night, but no big deal. I think they were pretty wiped out from their weekend in Wisconsin. From the pictures I saw on facebook, it looked like they had a good time. Holy Moly.. looks like you are in for some HOT temps! You'll be warmer than here in MN. I love those skinnies patterns and want to make one for every season for my front door (since they won't let me paint the outside of my door)

Judi... Crazy busy days at your house! Sounds like things will be done by the end of the week? Hopefully? Maybe we should all show up at your house and help you celebrate! Remodeling sure does take a bite out of the budget doesn't it. Carpet is next on my list, and if I can stop buying fabric for a year... by next summer I can probably swing it!

Velda... No Puffs with Lotion for you? Man, I won't have a cold without my Puffs!
Have you noticed in the coffee aisle there's only one section of coffee in cans, the rest is all the Pods for Keurig. And it's crazy expensive! I have a Sam's card, but rarely go there... but am thinking I just might one of these days and stock up on coffee! I don't have a lot of room to store stuff, but I bet I could get a couple extra cans under my bed. :lol:

Yesterday I hit the sewing room about 10am and shut it all down about 5.. man I was on a roll. Finished sashing a Christmas swap from YEARS ago, then cut many pieces for the August lotto and made a bunch of the FG parts. Threw another Christmas Swap UFO up on the design wall and auditioned some sashing pieces... found some great green in the garage. I think Tom and Viv will be back up in a month or so, so if I can get tops done and backings ready, I can send them home with Viv and she will quilt for me. I have 2 small quilts I can do for KC---she pays me in jelly rolls, so it works out just great. Today I'm headed to Dr. to have a small mole removed and biopsied.... I'm sure it's nothing so I ain't worried!

For now I'll grab some more coffee... shower up and head to sewing room and whip up some Lotto blocks until it's time to go!

Have a beautiful day everyone and keep cool!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:14 am

Good morning!

Daniel is off to his first day on the new job. Karlie and Ethan start school near the middle of August. The other grands start about a week later. Ethan and Karlie are in a charter school, a Montessori, and they set their start date and days off. Here charter schools are public schools in the school district, but are run separately from the others. My kids all went to a similar type of school in California. No wonder, my grands attend one too.

Well, I am bored! Watch out when that happens! I can get into all kinds of trouble! I need to figure out a quiet project to do while Kari is working. What that will be is totally unknown.

Chriss - Daniel is watching that big fire and the growth of it. He says the guys on the lines are gaining on it, as the growth is slowed. A good thing. Daniel has a bunch of fire reporting sites he looks at for his info. Not the news, who he says lies about things like that.

Find and do fun

Hugs,,
Jana

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:29 am

Good rainy Tuesday yeah you heard that right two days in a row Rayne oh my goodness I’m so happy and I do wish I could send some out west especially you Chriss with all those fires going on out there in California

Lyn I watch that Monday Monday video it’s been a while since I’ve heard that song oh my gosh the outfits they had on I would kill for those purple gogo boots she had on shoe do I remember some of those clothes I think I had a jumper like that one chick was wearing

No piggies yet Lyn I go and check her every day she’s holding out on us I told her she’s being Henri but it should be any day now she is really really ready and her little teats are really really big

Mary yes I am still working for Delaware this coming up school year we don’t start till the end of August and yes can you believe little man is in kindergarten this year he will start August 1 mom just called me and told me she gets to pick what day of the week that she will be off every week since she has seniority and we discussed it so she’s gonna be off on Fridays so that way he can do a four day school week and off on Friday and it’s not in the middle of the week and gets a three day weekend at home

Janna are your grands in a private school there a church school or are they going to like public school. I just feel blessed that I can keep little man home and homeschool him the schools here are just getting so bad with the curriculum and what they want to teach

Got up early this morning and long armed my table runner for church homecoming I have one more to Quilt and then I’m a do the binding on both I go Friday to do decorating for that. Working on special music now working on Sweet Beulah land for offertory to be able to play and then we’re doing victory in Jesus and when we all get to Heaven hymns 🥰

I did get all the pieces kept for my Cleopatra and yes it is a beautiful block once I get it all put together the block I’ll post picture of my layout.

Well nothing else newnew here gonna finish some ugly I have a bucket of cucumbers I need to do some pickles with today and ahead of cabbage to make some coleslaw and figure out what I’m gonna make with it for supper tonight

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:31 am

Come cool off in Estes Park, only in the 80's today.

I got some fabric washed yesterday and decided the best place to wait for cable guy was cutting branches, which were not as wet as I thought, so I could hear him pull into the driveway. Then a 4 1/2 hr install started. He put new line in from pole at the corner of our property and a box that's important. Apparently DH had another cable service long before the Direct TV and it ran in the side of the house. This guy thought it went inside, up the wall to the attic and over to living room wall and down. There are cables all over from DH doing Direct TV himself. The guy was so hot up there and couldn't figure it out. I was going out on the deck tell Garry what was happening and he ups and says, "The old cable TV line comes into the guest bedroom and then it had gone through the wall to living room. 😲 I go into guest room and there it is back in the corner. It couldn't be put through living room wall because the fireplace rock goes all the way across that wall. I had a bunch of stuff to move out of the way and the guy finally got it in and the modem router works great. Wish DH had gone outside and looked at what was going on, he might have saved the guy an hour our more and no attic time. Oh well. Then I spent a long time visiting with some of the people next door. There's so many cars that I told them to use our driveway. Sounds like they're having a good reunion.

I have to get to the post office today. Not saying what else, cause it doesn't happen. :lol:
Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 am

Good Sunny but a Little cooler Morning.......

No AC today but open windows & the good outdoor smell. It will be a good day to sit on the porch with a cup of tea & some knitting. I have a new phone system to set up. I do not look forward to putting in all those names & numbers.

Lois....enjoy your lower humidity. No rain expected here until the end of the week. Happy you had a nice visit.

Maryz.......I think that most school uniforms look nice. There's something to be said about plaid & Peter Pan collars! Don't you find pulling fabric & having to put it back keeps you intimately connected with it? Refreshes your memory?

Judi.....you got a early start to your day. Happy for you & your new floor. you'll love your new counters.

Val.....This is a strange new world we live in. Who would have ever imagined shortages here in the US?

Maryq.......happy you had a really productive day yesterday. Prayers for your biopsy anyways.

Jana.....here Charter schools are part of the public schools. Your Fall looks all ready to go. Good luck finding a your next project. We don't want you to be bored.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:56 am

Good morning all! As usual I am behind in reading all your posts. Yesterday went to my Monday morning breakfast at Bob Evans. It is so nice to be getting back into a little bit of normalcy here. Stopped and got heartworm and flea meds for Smoke yesterday. Boy are they getting expensive. Didn't need flea med for Sweetie since I have several left. They are all set for the next year now. One thing about the meds is I get a $35 rebate back so need to fill out paperwork and get in mail.

Supposed to possibly get some more rain tonight. I will believe it when I see it. Last 2 times they said rain nothing happened. Farmer's do need some more for their crops. Got Bible study done so time to go get some lunch for me and the furbabies.

Hope everyone has a good and safe day.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”