Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July25th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday July25th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:03 am

Good morning I am up and need to get dressed as the flooring guys will be here this morniing. We got the entire basement cleared out and ready. Flooring was delivered saturday. That is all the news I have , I will work on the scrap bins again today....I have so much room in the sewing closet now..Maybe back to sewing this week. Hope your day goes well....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Monday July25th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:52 am

Good morning Judi,

This is going to be quick will be leaving soon we both have a chiropractor apt and it's already hot here the gkids are coming Olivia has to cut my over due haircut then will due lunch then they will go back home it's suppose to rain and they have stuff they have to do.
Maybe 1 of these visits I might be able to get them to stay for dinner :lol: .

Well thats my story everyone have a great day.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:23 am

Good rainy morning ladies yes you heard it right we have rain oh my goodness we need it so bad it’s been so dry and dusty here so it’s been raining all morning and we still have a chance for more this afternoon for the next three days we have chances for rain so my poor garden in my yard and everything just needed the pastures are so dry for the animals

Kiddos are still asleep so I’m getting ready to head out and go feed since the rain just stopped not much more going on today I’ve been sitting and hand quilting this morning since can’t get going into a whole lot around the house cause try to stay quiet so the kids can sleep

Lyn the Cleopatra is a accuquilt die but yes most the time it’s done with templates it’s got over 20 pieces to it that you have to put together needless to say it’s a lot of pinning but I’ve noticed with the dye they have the little hashmarks sticking out so everything lines up beautifully it’s really an easy block to do just time consuming

I got more Cleopatra blocks cut and realized I ran out of background fabric so it is what it is I’m gonna so what I have and then figure out a placement with the number of blocks I have together

Got my sewing room cleaned up what a hot mess it was with all of the dyes I had pulled in the cutting in the scraps so picked all that up cleaned it up and re-organize now ready to sew some more

Got little man’s school binders already to go I think we’re gonna start August 1 so that we can only do four days a week and gives him one day off since it’s the day mom is off during the week

That’s it for me

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 am

Morning
Izzy the rain missed us, but more in forecast for week, so I'm hopeful.
Wat he'd DGK yesterday so kids vould go out for their anniversary. They were looking for a second dog. Someone we knew here had a pup they had to rehome for their daughter..I have a new granddog! His name is Zeus. DDIL said he needs to chunk up...I am just the grandma for the job.
Tonight and tomorrow night are home canning seminars. Joe and I going ...
Time to scoot
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:14 am

Good morning quilting pals. Cloudy here in anticipation of rain coming tonight. Wish our western gals could get some, too.
I am making school bags this week. I did 4 yesterday. I have four more ready to stitch today. And more donated fabrics to cut. I am not sure how many more they need to reach out goal of 100.
I made two more quilt tops and four more adult bibs, also for church mission projects.
After school bags, I am ready to start on the purse for my sister. Ok, I remember, Maryz asked how many siblings. There were 5 of us. Three girls, two boys. My oldest brother past about two years ago. Oldest, sister, is now 87. Next, brother, is 85. Next, sister #2, is now 81.
We are all getting OLD!! But, so far, pretty healthy. Hope God continues to bless us and all of you, too. 🤗
Off to finish coffee ☕☕ before it's too cold.
Enjoy your day, and week!.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 am

Good morning to all.
Today I just have to go to lqs and get 2 yards (about) of a soft lilac as sashing on the baby girl quilt. (Oh, the pain of it all) LOL. I want a soft color and of course I don't have it in stash. Other than that things should be quiet so far.
Hope the rains help with the fires, alot of the lands are so parched in the news. The lightening and thunder the other day was fierce. A bolt hit in the woods behind DS and DDIL house and the force shook the house sending 2 pictures to fall from the wall-- both ended up in the closet as a precaution. When mother nature gets mad-run for cover.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

Maryq- were you able to give Laura's little quilts to their new homes?

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 am

Good morning,

Looks like we're going to get our turn under Mother Nature's heat lamps. We'll be 87* today and then 94* for the rest of the week. I may hang out in our trailer where we have AC.

IZZY - that Cleopatra's Fan is a gorgeous pattern. You are very ambitious! I'm so happy to hear you got rain. Heck! I'm happy to hear that anyone's got rain! And School is right around the corner for you! Is he going to be in Kindergarten this year? Are you still going to work for the DE school this year?

JUDI - You are making good progress on all fronts! It will be exciting to have that floor down! I can only imagine how good that feels. And it's good that you can at least lay your hands on fabric. You are making tiny hexies if only using 2-1/2" squares. What's going on with the girls this weekend?

VELDA - you are doing more good sewing! God is smiling! You came from a fairly large family, too. I am fifth of six. The oldest, Gene, is 87. He is the Alaskan trucker. My next two brothers, Jim & Albert, both passed away recently. June (Tina) will soon be 80. I am next at 71 and the 'baby', Teese', just turned 70. Nobody wants purses, so I guess I won't be making any of those!

LOIS - your morning sounds busy. You're getting rain, too! I miss rain. . . :cry:

LORI - thanks for the explanation of the opportunity quilt - and the photos. And everyone worked on the JN quilt?? You really have some serious talent in your guild!

JANA - lots of historic stories in your family - and state! We've been talking about taking photos again of our house contents for insurance purposes. We did it several years ago but we really need to update.

LYN - I'm so happy that your family came up for the fun! And the food! My gosh! What a feast! That's sounds like a lot of food for $116! I'm glad you've got help with the tree, too! Sorry you seem to be stuck with the $1,000 deductible. You would think the owner of a company would act more responsibly, but so many of the new generation doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for anything.

MARY Q - I must be tired. I typed in "Mary BBQ". :lol: Or maybe I'm hungry after reading about Lyn's supper spread! Glad you got in a wee bit of sewing. Working on August Lotto blocks? I think I will give them a try today, too. I hope you can get your dryer hooked up correctly soon! Or get a clothesline at least! I sometimes stock my freezer with cookies, too. Trouble is, the cookie freezer is in the garage, where Bill often hangs out. You can guess the rest of that story! :lol: I'm not a Halloween fanatic either. Don't usually even have a pumpkin on the front porch. But I do love Halloween sewing! Go figure. I am trying to remember if I've made Halloween quilts for the grandsons. Maybe they need more . . . .

CHRISS - There's always a silver lining in most any disaster. Sometimes you have to look pretty hard to find it, but it's good to hear of people helping people during the fires. Glad to hear you got to sew some lotto blocks. Fun to get out the Christmas fabrics. I think I'll be doing that today, too.

DIANE - it must be so nice for you to have your family so close to you now. Did they always plan to move or did your move inspire them? So, where do you hide the Oreos. I promise not to tell . . . .

LOIS - Oh, I'm glad your fish get to live to fight another day! It sounds like they had a great time - and I'm sure you did, too! ;)

Yesterday I finished up a QIAD Comfort quilt for Becca's husband who has been really sick for 6-8 weeks with shingles. He is still in bed most of the time, according to Becca. He already had serious health problems. So that quilt will be washed and mailed today. I will post a photo in PFTH. Then we had company for four hours - a rather delightful evening. I did appetizers and dessert and we had two Take'n'Bake pizzas. Today I'm going to clean my sewing room. I've been gradually straightening up my fabric shelves, doing a little reorganizing, etc, between projects. Today I have more of that to do plus I want to get out my Christmas fabrics and make some August Lotto blocks. Val always seems to go the extra mile to find something interesting for us to do.

Have a Marvy Monday!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:05 am

Good morning!

It's quite lovely at the moment. A nice cool breeze drifting through the open window. Won't stay that way too long, as the sun will heat things up. We may get some rain from a afternoon thunderstorm that could pop up. It's that time of year for all the monsoons to happen. C'mon hurricanes off the coast of Baja!

Don't really know what kind of trouble I can get into today. But I will find some! We did get the old dresser that holds the printers down into place in the Batt Cave. Moved a printer to it and then checked that it still worked. It does. There's one more printer I want to come downstairs. One is a Laserjet printer and the other is a big color ink jet printer. The big color printer can print and copy pages that are 11x17, which is great for some projects I have to make down in the Batt Cave. It is Michael's work printer for his drawings . You see, I am basically lazy and with both printers downstairs, I won't have to go upstairs to get something I printed!

Daniel went and found where his new office is. He's in SLC, but not downtown, a good thing because of parking. There's no public transportation to the office, so he'll drive. He's working a 4 / 9 day and a short Friday. That's what he likes. Things are settling down. Kari started getting Karlie ready for school. There's a uniform the kids wear - polos and slacks or skirts. Certain solid colors for the polos. Ethan has the same dress code, as they both go to school together. There's still a chance that Gracie will get in the school too. We are hoping.

So just a quiet start to my week.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:13 am

Monday, Monday.... how'd that song go? 🎵 Now I'll have to look that up. :lol:

DD, Gkids and I went into town and shopped for stuffed animals and Taffy yesterday before they left. I'm sure they got wet on the Harley going home as we had on and off showers all day. Almost SIL couldn't get the chainsaw running, I'm sure it needs service from lack of use. So, I'm going to shop for a battery powered one that isn't as heavy for me to use.

Have the cable guy coming this afternoon and security cameras should be here in a couple days.

Izzy, do we have Piggys 🐷?

Too wet to hand saw branches, so I'll do some laundry and work on blocks and dreaded paperwork.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:35 am

Good Morning

Up, showered and dressed, ready to start this beautiful day! No place to go ... it's a sewing day!

Judi,.. Have things quieted down a little bit at your house? Have the dogs gone back to their own homes? Chey settling in?

Lois... So nice to have your personal hair dresser! I used to be that for my Mom. Both my sister and I went to beauty school back in the day!

Izzy... Had to google the Cleopatra's quilt pattern.. My gosh that's gorgeous.. You are making one? What colors are you doing? Will little William be kindergarten or 1st grade... seriously he can't' be in first grade already.. he was just born last year!

Flo... Great name for a Dog... Zeus! When I thought I wanted a dog again, I was going to name her "murphy"

Velda.... My goodness you have been busy... I'd love to see the bags you are making! Are they like backpacks or just bags with drawstrings?

Diane... I gave the little blankets to my DIL Sara and she was going to give them to Katie for the hospice home but I will check on them just to make sure. I did send Laura a note, hope she received. Remember that old commercial "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" better not make her mad either!

Maryz... Oh how I would love to have a clothesline.. but I don't think they are allowed here at the townhouses. I did have one once upon a time. Love sheets hung on the line. Put a few cookies in the inside freezer and label them something Bill really wouldn't eat.. then you know he will never touch them.

Jana... When do your kids start school? Uniforms do make it easier to decide what to wear to school every day. The Catholic school here in town does uniforms. I wore uniforms for 9 years! probably is.. they were just plain UGLY! :lol: :lol:

Lyn... Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head and I'll have to google it too. . Was by the Mama's and Papa's if I remember correctly!

Guess I'll refill my coffee and get busy. The kids are coming to install my dishwasher tonight and fix up the mess I made with my dryer! Once the d/w is in the proper place I'll be able to starting pinning some quilt tops I have finished... Would like to actually FINISH something soon as I have "squirrels' running rampant at my house!

Have a Magnificent Monday y'all

Return to “Sew ins”