Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July25th

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Monday July25th

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:01 am

MaryQ, you are right, Mama's and Papa's. Here's a flash back, they're singing it on the Ed Sullivan Show. We always watched Ed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JJrtHRDwk

Oh for the good ol' days when you understood what they were singing!!
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:22 am

Yes now that I read it I now will have the mama's and papa's stuck in my head.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:35 am

Good morning girlfriends. It's a gorgeous day today. Hot but beautiful.

I'm up, dressed and have had my breakfast and coffee. Now it's time for iced tea and a chat with my homies.

Today I will make a new batch of sun tea and do a little sewing. I'd like to make a couple more lotto blocks before sending them in.

Tomorrow, I have an in-service for HICAP in Columbia State Park, so I need to google thrift stores in the area as I am sure there are treasures to be found.

Columbia is a cute place that has many shops from the gold rush era. One, called the Mercantile, has fabric. Another makes homemade soaps and candles. So, it looks like I will benefit and so will Marilyn. Columbia also has a stagecoach that makes a loop and gets robbed along the way. When Richard was maybe 6, he was on that stage and the robbers rode up on horseback and would only let the stagecoach go if someone on the stage could sing the ABC song. Well, my son hopped to his feet and saved the day. Yes, my son, at age 6, was a hero much to the delight of the rest of the passengers.

Off to go look up thrift stores then to my room to sew. Wish you were here, we'd go get into trouble.

Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Chriss I have been to the Merchantile. I got fabric for baby size TATW. I still have it. That must have been 15 yrs ago. I have often wondered if it was still there.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”