Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 23rd

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: Saturday July 23rd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:32 am

Hi everyone.
Judi, that's just awful about you neice's, husband. I just can't say how sad it makes me, that this world has so many senseless shootings. Everyday the news is full of these reports. Indiana is so close to us here in central Illinois. You feel like it's not safe anywhere anymore!! Will say a prayer for your family.
Today I made a trip to my little country quilt shop. Got fabric to make another purse for my other sister. Will show picture when I get it finished.
Also sewing adult bibs for church projects, and more school bags for school kits we put together in the fall at church to send with Personal Care Kits, and Mission Quilts. We are trying to reach out goal of 100 if each. 🤗
Busy, busy!!
Tonight we have another dance event to attend. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:33 am

Oh Judy my heart breaks for your family prayers for sure🥰🙏

Got my uglies done yes Didi loved her cake she’s been eating it for breakfast each morning since it’s a honey bun cake I think that’s breakfast food isn’t it honey buns so she’s been enjoying it so is her daddy the boy was all excited after supper when we got the cake out video where he helped her blow out her candles because she doesn’t blow them out and he was all excited and he kept saying blow blow😂

My house is covered in Scooby Doo balloons of course DH blew them all up and little man absolutely is in fifth heaven with them so right now they’re all stored underneath my dining room table until he returns on Monday to play with them again

I’m almost done with my Cleopatra blocks I guess the older we get the worst we are at counting I don’t know what I was thinking I wanted 24 blocks I have 16 although some parts I have 24 of so I don’t know what I was thinking when I was cutting things out but needless to say I pulled my accuquilt dye out and will cut some more parts so that I can have 24 blocks

Nothing else new here just hot hot hot but supposed to come a cooling this week just mid 80s with some rain chances hopefully

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Judy thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. May God hold your family in his hands and send comfort to your hearts.

Suzette did you make progress on your quilt?

Lois do you have AC?

Maryz Thanks for keeping us updated on Becca. Wish I lived closer and could actually do something for her. You are always so busy. Did you get the kits all done.

Kathy I do not envy you having uglies to do today. Maybe a few tunes will make it easier.

Maryq check those laws okay? I was sure there was one that quilters must sew, other wise, we would have to do other chores? Like unload the dishwasher! UCK

Lyn I seem to have a hard time getting to the weeds too. I do need to get some done in the vegetable patch but....

Jana what is your parade for? Is today a holiday?

Lori I love those opportunity quilts, they are always so pretty. I just can't figure out how to win?

Sherry yes, that was me, I have the first episode watched, trying to find time to continue it.

Vel I think there is a special place in heaven for you. You do so many charity projects.

Izzy cake for breakfast? A girl after my own heart. Is the Cleopatra block a template? I have seen the quilt but not sure how it goes together.

Quite cool today, 69 now, supposed to get to 74. Maybe? Completed 3 lotto blocks today but shoulder is not good so had to stop. May try a bit later after some rest. Guess I will just chill the rest of the day.
Have a good evening all.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Good afternoon. It's a bit warm out. Only 97 according to my phone. The fire newest fire in my county is growing about a thousand acres an hour. Wind is a bit wild and not helping.

Judi, oh my gosh. Prayers for your niece. so very sorry for her, and your family's loss. The world seems to have gone nuts. So much hatred.

Maryz, I bet it is strange to look out the window and see a big MH in your yard. You seem to be seeing a whole lot of stars lately. Is this the same star quilt or a new one? Thanks for the Becca update. I didn't have the ribs, I had the Tilapia. And sadly the cake wasn't peach cobbler it was banana cake. So I only had a scoop of ice cream, vanilla.

Kathy, thanks. The picture looks good because it's an ap on my phone called New Profile Pic. And funny thing. I just went and had my hair cut so it's just below my ears. Pretty short. Glad Kimberly is improving.

Jana, that kitty will be in your lap soon, but first you have to make a lap. Sit back, relax and put a little catnip in your pocket and that kitty will be there purring.

Lori, I was jipped. it was banana cake this time. Those Elks, they owe me a peach cobbler. Hope you sell lots of tickets.

Sherry, you can watch both season one and season two of The Chosen for free on the Angel Network https://watch.angelstudios.com/thechosen They are making the third season now. They film it in Utah I believe. I love it and have watched it a few times, I learn something new each time.

Val, saw you posted the August Lotto. I could stand to win the blocks on this one, they are really going to make a great quilt.

You all have a great rest of the day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”