Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday July 22 2022

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Friday July 22 2022

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:01 am

Good Morning Sleepy Heads...........

An other Summer day here. No set plans. I was up all night....strange right now I do not feel tired..
I'll start the day emptying the dish washer & filing papers.
Today is my sister Joyce's B'day. I hope she has a good one.
Kimberly is feeling much better so I guess she had Covid flu.

Love & Payers...........Kathy

fabricgirl

Re: Friday July 22 2022

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 am

Good morning Kathy and all who follow,

I have been up for quite a while but I'm ok today is the last day of Bills camping / fishing trip they refer to it as mancation .
It's suppose to be another hot sweltering day in the upper 90's and that is what nextweeks weather will be like also.
I got a call from the water company tell us that we have to conserve on water so my house # is 29 so I get to water on those days.
Today I'm going to was my clothes and get them done this way I will only have to do Bill's clothes tomorrow.
I'm still waiting on my table runner book along with the fabric that I ordered also.

Kathy don't work to hard take time out for you also.

Well thats all the news from my horizon.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 am

Morning all
Kathy HB to your sister. Hope Kimberly feels better soon.
Yesterday after Morning dtuff, worked on quilt border. Then babysat DGD. When DDIL got back, made & canned pear butter, 2 loaves zucchini bread, Helped DDIL make 4 loaves banana bread, unsewed what I sewed-forgot to square up blocks I made them over sized, cleaned up one heck of a mess. Then after DDIL left sewed what I fixed. Today I plan to be tired all day. And finish border...oh and last night got second quilt ready for binding!
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:46 am

Good morning. Ask me whose dog decided to need to go outside at 4am? Then ask me whose dog is in bed with my husband while I am sitting here with my coffee. Guess I should just appreciate the quiet uninterrupted time.

Kathy, sorry you've been up all night. Wonder what would happen if you took Joyce some lunch for her birthday, or a cake? I sent my mom, who I haven't spoken to in many years, a birthday card. I haven't heard back. So glad Kimberly is improving. Glad the city has a cooling place for you. Here it has to be 103 or more for at least 3 days before they open one up. Hope you find the perfect plastic dividers for your drawers

Lois, hope that book and fabric come soon. you are flying through those quilts. Hope Bill brings back lots of fish.

Flo, I had the same trouble with a block yesterday. I failed to square it up and just blew it. Rather than taking it apart I chose to start over. Amazing how paying attention can help a block turn out right. Pear butter sounds interesting. The squirrels here have stripped our pear tree, we never saw a piece of ripe fruit. dang squirrels.

Izzy, how was DD's birthday? What flavor was the cake? I love spaghetti, I use zucchini spiraled for the noodles. Maybe I will request spaghetti for dinner. Thanks for the idea.

I am quite tempted to go into town and get my much needed, and delayed, haircut. I do need a few things from the store. But probably will put it all off so I can play in my room.

Hope you enjoy this beautiful day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:49 am

Good morning,

KATHY - great to have you start us off! I didn't sleep well either. I didn't drink enough water the last few days and that causes my insomnia sometimes. But if I do, then I'm awake anyway, trotting to the bathroom! What's an insomniac to do?? I cleaned some kitchen cabinets yesterday, too, including the silverware drawer! Maybe we'll start a trend . . . How is Kimberly doing?

FLO - I've done that with blocks before, too. In fact, I don't think there's any mistake I haven't made and most more than once. Sorry you had to frog and resew,

LOIS - that week sure went fast! Smart of you to think of washing your clothes now so to clear the decks for when the fishy clothes come in!

IZZY - happy birthday to your DD! Seems you were just celebrating her 30th birthday. I'm going to bet that she loved her cake and ate it, too!

CHRISS - so, did you buy a new pattern yesterday? $2 is a tempting offer . . . . I checked out that quilt, but left it for now. I have so many books and patterns it really has to tickle my quilty bone. How was the zucchini pasta? I think it's great that they now have pastas made from so many different things. So far I haven't found any I didn't like.

VAL - have you solved your WC ramp dilemma? How high is your door/porch? Perhaps it would be quicker, easier, and maybe even cheaper to have a lift installed. Jim's worked extremely well. It rose, I think, up to 51", didn't take much more space than the footprint of a WC, we found it used (in Redding! We drove down to get it). The previous owner used it to get from his porch down to his yard. Bill and Al installed it in a half-day.

MARY Q - did your appliances arrive?? Huh?? Did they???

JANA - sounds like things might be starting to settle down for you and all of yours! Even the kitty!

DIANE - your work makes God smile. And He needs more smiles lately!! Nice job!

JUDI - how are things in your zoo??

I received an e-mail from Becca. Her hubby is still down with shingles, still spending most of his time in bed, up only for meals. She is caring for him, the house, the yard, but has her own health issues, too. If you could add her to your prayer list, I'm sure she would appreciate it greatly.

Yesterday I relined some kitchen cabinets and drawers, then shortened 2 new prs of shorts for Bill. Then I cleaned my sewing room and rearranged some fabrics. Decided to store my larger cuts (for backings, etc) in a tote across the hall under the quilt frame. It eases some of the "congestion" on the fabric shelves. And I refolded some fabrics. Bill's sister and DBIL are coming for a visit later this morning and we're going to brunch at the new pancake house in town. We haven't been yet so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Other than that, I have no plans for the day. We have a boondocker coming in this afternoon that is going to leave their rig parked in our back yard for 10 days while they take an Alaskan cruise. Our other boondocker in the front yard is sick so we're not sure he will be able to leave tomorrow morning. We don't usually interact with our guests and so far he has tested negative for Covid.

I have no other tidbits to share so I'll wish you all a Fab Friday!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:40 am

Good morning!

Yes, things are settling in here. Karlie slept in her new bed in the front office bedroom. Karlie gathered up the Barbies that were all over my living room and got her other toys organized and put away too. Today, after a short day of work, the kids are heading over to DMV to get DL's and register cars. Surprised Michael at how much room he still has in his office space he's sharing with Pixie. That's a good thing, I didn't want the desk back in our bedroom!

I will get to sew today! My uglies are done, so I can play.

Sarah interviewed a potential candidate for her sod job. I haven't heard yet how it went. Joseph seems to be getting around well in that stiff brace. He is only taking plain Tylenol , occasionally for a few aches it's giving him. Good things!

Still hot around these dry parts. It's fire worry until Monday night,, fireworks are legal until then. People shoot them off, but not nearly as much as the 4th. The big Pioneer parade is tomorrow morning, so I will introduce Karlie to that and all her pioneer ancestors. Many of our family were in the first company, wagon train, that entered the valley on July 24th, 1847, with Brigham Young. Our family has a long history here in Utah and in the church.

It's Friday, time for the fun to begin!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:03 am

Good Morning Girls

I'm UP Kathy!! Decided to since I had to you-know-what I'd stay up and getting going on my day! I HAVE APPLIANCES and there's a load in the washer as we speak! SO guess what I'll be doing all day! Man that thing is HUGE.... sure can get a lot of fabric in it too!

Kathy..... Sorry you are having such a hard time sleeping during the night.. Have you been to dr. about it? You probably feel ok this morning, but if you're like me after a sleepless night, you'll run out of "juice" by 2:00pm

Lois... Man this week went by fast.. Bill is coming home today or tomorrow already? Did you get much done with out him "Under foot" Here was have water restriction all year for lawn, if you're house number is "odd" you water on odd days etc. And people have been fined for watering on the wrong day. Only exception is if you have new lawn or grass seed.

Flo... Man you've been busy in the kitchen! Especially when it's so HOT! But with AC in the house, it's probably not much different than winter. Sounds like a good plan for the day... to just be tired and relax!

Chriss... Ok I'll bite.... Whose dog is it? Darn squirrels... I was thinking a fence around a pear tree would help, but squirrels run and jump every where so that wouldn't work! Maybe set Jerry up with a little b-b gun? :lol: Was it you that was looking for strips to make a jelly roll race quilt?

Maryz.... Yup, appliances are in! The delivery guys set up the stove and fridge, Katie next door helped me connect the washer, the kids came over and attached the dryer to the exhaust pipe. The dishwasher is in the kitchen, but the kids will hook that up next week. I'm thrilled that I can finally wash clothes and some of the TONS of fabric that KC has sent home with me. Sorry to hear the Becca's DH is still dealing with Shingles.. think I'll send her another card to cheer her up.

Jana..... Uglies are done? How did you manage that? I didn't think those things were EVER done! SO glad you get to play today. Nice and cool down in the batt cave?

Well, as you can guess, my POTD of the day will be laundry! I did wash a bunch of fabric last night so today I will iron and organize. I also took some photo's of some things I know I know I'm not likey to use and would love to share. Once I get them measured etc, I'll post some pictures if you see anything that strikes your fancy let me know. I know postage has gotten pretty expensive lately, the fabric is free!

headed for more coffee.... Have a fantabulous Friday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:08 am

Good morning, all! Just a quick stop in before I go out to mow the yard all 4.5 acres. I want to get out before it gets up to mid 90's this afternoon. After that not much planned for today but rest. My yard is clay so very bumpy to mow so I always rest afterwards. Three more days in the 90's then supposed to cool off into mid 80's. Who would have thought that was cool.

Well Smoke and Sweetie are fed so better get going. Hope everyone has a cool and safe day. Stay inside with your A/C if possible.

Sherry

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:06 am

Happy Friday!
Mirror is fixed!
MaryQ, yes I had the Jeep on behind and unhooked it when we got to Transwest's campground Wednesday afternoon. When I hooked it back up yesterday, I left the MH running so Garry and Minnie had the dash A/C to stay cool. But it was anything but cool behind the MH with the heat off the engine and exhaust.

As for when we head to Texas, not sure yet. When the Amish furniture gets to the store in Fredericksburg, they will hold in storage one month for free, then charge after that. So, I'm hoping the furniture comes later than sooner at this point.

We know several full timer's from SD. MaryQ your DB might check a little more on that time share, with the price of fuel they may not want to move that often.

Jana and MaryZ, thanks for your input on paperwork. I will probably have to get caught up on posting receipts for this year whether I like it or not.

Chriss, thanks for prayers on Garry's blood work. He walked in yesterday and announced to the lady that he has to train her. He doesn't like to watch, but wants to know if they hit the spot. So he tells her that when she hits pay dirt to say Wahoo or Whoopi. Lol

Izzy, a belated Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter! Do we have piggys 🐷??

After the MH was back in it's garage, I had a couple of errands including stopping at the quilt shop. They were having a 20 percent off sale. If Garry hadn't been in the Jeep waiting, I would have probably been in there a Long time. But, I quickly found 3 fabrics for possible use on my Christmas blocks and a kit for a small wall hanging with Cardinals on it. My sister loves Cardinals.

Today I plan to remove some nasty weeds in the yard before it gets too hot for here.
Lyn

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:10 am

Minnie 'Sunning' with a friend.

Return to “Sew ins”