Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday July 22 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Friday July 22 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:39 am

Good morning,,Lots of to's in todys date. It is a zoo around here Am I think ive been elected zookeeper ( keep in mind i didnt run) Dogs were up at 6 and I was out in jammies no bra and no hair combed...they wanted out but guess what? they didnt go. so I came in and made the bed and picked up the kitchen...now the dogs had to go out again as soon as I came up here to post so off we went for another walk Both peed this time...I dont want any pets...and that is why. Grizzy is on a special diet and has to have pancreatic enzymes mixed a special way...he did eat good this mornign but pepper is still balking at most of her food....Cheyene who is getting paid to do doggie duty glared at me when I asked her to get up and walk the dogs.
Good part of this is I am pairing down all the crap bins and have emptied 2 so far...I am tossing smaller pieces and cutting 2 1/2 in squares for the hexi box...and charms for the cathederal window and yoyo box...They travel with me ( if I ever get away again).. and sometimes I will grab a box here and just glue baste hexis...that is another on going project...I enjoy scrap management,,,
Well I need to get going I also didnt sleep well...thunderstorms and rain belting on the house along with someone who refused to put his cpap on and was snoring for most of the night. so Ive whined enough for 10 people,,,hope your day is going well if or when it has startedXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ps I wrote this this and never hit submit....so here better late than ever

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Yay, my dad called and dinner with the parents will be dinner at the Elks. The special is baby back ribs. I had a huge brunch so won't be real hungry. And you know I will splurge and have dessert. One of my favorites in their desserts is peach cobbler. My other favorite is a chocolate cake with caramel and whipped cream frosting. so dang good.

Maryz, I really thought about that quilt pattern. It's only $2. But if I could figure out the sashing sizes I could do it myself. But it's only $2. She has a lot of great blocks in the files section of her FB page. How were the pancakes?

Jana, will this be Karlie's first Pioneer Parade. Lots of new adventures in her future.

Maryq, is the laundry done yet? You are going to wear out those new machines. It's Jerry's dog, that's whose dog it is. He's only my dog when it's time to walk down and get the mail. Other than that, he is pretty much Jerry's shadow. I'm making 2 1/2 inch strips and 2 1/2 inch and 5 inch charms from my scraps. But, lets see the pictures you took and maybe there will be something I can't live without. If there is any Christmas fabric you might hang on to it. I think Valerie mentioned in the July lotto that the August lotto could use up Christmas fabrics.

Sherry, Jerry mows here a couple of times between winter and summer. and that's it, unless it rains but it sure doesn't seem like rain is a thing here anymore. Glad the furbabies got their breakfst.

Lyn, Garry made me laugh. Hope they hit paydirt and yelled woo hoo or whoopie on the first jab. I also like cardinals. I really like all birds, Pat Sloan has a free bird quilt pattern on her website and on her FB page people are taking that bird pattern and changing up the colors so it looks like a meadowlark, bluebird, etc. really cute and free. Give Miss Minnie a belly rub from me.

Ok, my iced tea glass is full time to sew.

Chriss
PS MZ, I'm going to wait on that pattern.
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:03 pm

There are3 fires burning in my county. The Agua Fria, the Washburn and the one that started today The Oak Fire

None will get to me. I'm fine. Pray for our firemen and women. It's hot and hilly terrain
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:55 pm

Judi, who's watching the dog? Sounds more like you.

Chriss, bummer about all the fires around you. Hope it doesn't get to smoky.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”