Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday July 20 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday July 20 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:08 am

Good morning I am up laundry started, bed made...Countertop people are coming to finsih the back splash today then another job will be finished,,,,Painting is still in progress...
No sewing yesterday but I will do some more cutting of parts today....I did pull out the hexi box and I think my ongoing scrap buster will be another hexi quilt...It will also be added to my travel box.... it is relaxing and very portable...
Girls are sleeping and since I took them to my sisters to swim...they seemed to have fell asleep early last night,,,
Well I need coffee and to clear the countertop for the workmen...Hope your day is quiet and comfortable..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: wednesday July 20 2022

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:19 am

Good morning everyone.
Not much going on here yet. But, it is only 7:15 am. I have some more strips to cut for the graduation quilt and then I can start sewing them together. It seems like I have never cut so much fabric before. I know I have it just seems like it. Well, I need my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:29 am

Good morning!! Just popping in to say hello. I haven't been posting much lately. Not much going on. Just day to day life. All is good, just nothing exciting. Hope everyone has a great day and week. I need to get busy and do more sewing. I did sew two new purses this week for my sister and myself. I have plans to make a couple more, but am waiting on my roll of fusible batting to be delivered on Friday. Until then, I think I will sort fabric and see what inspiration I can find. You never know what idea 💡 will pop up.
Weather is Hot, Hot, Hot, here for this whole week, so might just as well stay in the A/C and stay cool.
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:39 am

Good sunny morning to all. We have the hot and humid day ahead like so many of other areas. YUK!!
Yesterday I was at Dianes to figure out some kit patterns that had to be rewritten, some had crossed out lines, different numbers of pieces, different layouts. They were just a mess. A new member to qov, Louise, worked on computers in the building dept. for years before she retired and she is a whiz at them. We sat with her and she flew thru a couple in a super short time. The new copies are super clean and great. Thank you Louise.
Today headed to Dianes to start cutting for kits using the new patterns. Fingers crossed
Figuring all the work I've done yesterday and will do today that I deserve a dinner out--hubby and I going to a wonderful German rest. Can' wait there rye bread is to die for YUMMY!!
Mt DDIL Fran asked me to make 2 baby quilts for her best friend in NY-its twins, 1 girl and 1 boy. So I'm cutting for that before my day starts with Diane.

Hope all is well in your world.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:02 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are suppose to be in the upper 90's for the rest of this week and all of nextweek.
So the best thing I can do is stay in the AC.
Yesterday I finished Spice Road so today I have already started cleaning so thats the project for today.
I have a book of table runners that I ordered from Annie's so if that comes today or tomorrow I will look and pull from stash whatever I have.
Everyone stay cool if you can and stay hydrated.
Well thats all the news have a great day.
Lois.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:04 am

Morning all
DGD Lisa, she lives near me and is autistic, loves My Little Pony. Joe found someone about 1 hr away selling a big tote of the toys. So we took off and got them for her. She will get them today when she comes over.
Supposed to be 105 today. Neighbor got me 4 black raspberry vines, so I will get them planted this morning, it won't get any cooler.
Time for coffee
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:05 am

Good morning,

Today is Bill's birthday. So I have a few little gifts waiting for him in his chair out here on the deck where I'm sitting with my coffee and all of you. A cake (white with choc frosting) will be made later this morning. I have chiropractor and then we're going steak shopping. He wants rib eyes for tonite. And then we're going out to buy him a pair of NICE jeans.

DIANE - Nice to have someone with new skills join your group. Are all those kits you cut up the same pattern or do you vary them? And what are you making for those little twins?

FLO - what fun for your DGD! A box of new toys to explore. I hope there was a herd of My Little Ponies in there! Black raspberries? Yum! To be honest, I don't really know what a black raspberry is. I know there are raspberries and black berries, but what is a black raspberry?

JUDI - Will there be any camping while Cheyanne is visiting? You've got a lot going on at home. Bring on the hexie box! Do you have a plan for them or will that come later? It must be so much fun to finally see everything coming together at your house after two years!

SUZ - I looked up your quilt. Is it the one with all the colorful strips?

VELDA - you don't need to have something big going on to stop by and say hi. We love you anyway! How are your flowers doing? Are you involved in any projects going on in your church?

LOIS - which tablerunner book did you buy? I have (I think) Tablerunner Trends 3 and the cover shows an old barn in front of a mountain range and table runners are all over the front of the barn. it has 15 different patterns in it. I've just made the one so far and posted a photo a few days ago.

LORI - our house is vacuumed, too! It's like we're twins! :D

CHRISS - I probably should get rid of 3/4 of the fabric, books, and patterns in my sewing room. But I don't. I know as soon as I do, I'll need it all! Murphy's Law and all that.

JANA - a shot is momentary. No one knows more than you how devastating the disease can be. Get that booster! Especially with more people in the house now - more chances of exposure.

We're going shopping today after my chiro appt and I'm also washing sheets and I'll dry them all day on the line. They'll smell so good tonite! I hope to get my cake baked before it warms up. I worked on my stick horse blocks yesterday for the Christmas in July swap. Then I pulled out my scraps. I think I'll get them organized a little better for my crazy quilt. I don't plan to work on that quilt but save it for this winter in Texas. I'm starting to assemble a list of sewing projects to take with me this year. So far it's a pretty short list! I posted a pic of the Calendar swap quilt. It's not quilted yet but it's next up. Star Bright is on the frame right now, half finished.

Have a wonderful Bill's Birthday today!

Mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:58 am

Happy Birthday Mr Bill I hope you have a wonderful day.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:10 am

Happy Wednesday!
Happy Birthday to Bill! Hope y'all find good steaks.

The new, un damaged mirror is in and will be installed on MH tomorrow. We'll be going down the Mtn today and take the MH to Transwest's campground, so they can start on it at 9 tomorrow. DH has to have another blood test, so will take him to Longmont's Lapcorp at 9:45.

I'm trying to justify why I need to still post credit card receipts into Quicken. DH did it so he could take the state taxes off the fed return. But after doing our return for last year, I don't think it makes much difference. Would like to know how all of you handle this. It would sure give me more sewing time if I don't have to do it.

I've been clearing out some weeds in the front. Also working on my Christmas swap blocks.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a "hello and dash" this morning. I'm headed to KC's today to try to clean up some more stuff. I've lost track of how many times I've been there and there is still much to do. :cry: Have 4 stops to make on the way...

BUT I did spend the entire day yesterday sewing! Got my calendar blocks together, they just need a border. Pulled out and OLD OLD UFO and threw that up on the design wall to try to remember what the heck I was planning with it. Will continue on with that tomorrow while I wait for appliances to be delivered and MAN OH MAN they better come tomorrow or I'll be spending the weekend at Shawn's house doing laundry again!

Gotta Fly! Catch y'all tomorrow!

Return to “Sew ins”