Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 18,2022

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday July 18,2022

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:25 am

Lori, I am so very thankful you survived. You are one of my most favorite people.
Exodus 33:14

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Good afternoon all! I am late getting on here today. Was going to do some outside work today but the air quality is poor according to weather channel and my asthma is not really great. It is already 90 degrees and supposed to get hotter as the week goes on. The jobs will wait until the air is better for me. Went to my Monday morning breakfast at Bob Evans today. So glad to be getting back into a little of my old routine. Enjoyed my pancake and scrambled eggs. Also brought home one of their pieces of strawberry cream pie for supper.

I am getting a Generac Generator put in before winter so if the electricity goes out I will still have stuff. I have propane heat and that is what you need to run a generator. i have been lucky all these years but now they keep talking about black and brown outs even here in the Midwest so decided to be safe.

Chriss - I don't do Facebook or Twitter just because of all the nastiness I have read about them. Is The Chosen that you watched the one about Jesus and his disciples? If it is I have seen all of the first year also and just loved it. I also have the books for season one and season two. I have read the first but haven't gotten to the second yet.

Well better get going. No baseball today because of the All-Star break so have to find something else. Think I will finish my Obie Wan Kenobi on Disney+ tonight. Better go get my laundry and dishes put away. Have a safe day everyone.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:44 pm

Good evening ladies, hope you have all had a wonderful day. My clear calendar is getting filled up quickly this week and I have been running all day. Now home and may get a few stitches in this evening.

Vel I have watched the first episode of the Chosen, need to get back to it. Trying to focus more on sewing than the TV. I probably need a TV in my sewing room.

Lori we grew up without AC too. I think in part it was easier then because we were kids but I don't remember these extreme temps either. I think we may have had a swamp cooler at one point.

Chriss Facebook can be a nasty place. There is so much that happens in Vallejo these days, I really watch what I say. We don't immediately pull out the generator either, don't want to get it out, set up and then the power comes back. If PGE says it will be out for several hours then we will pull it out. Ours runs off regular gas. Don't the two boys live next door to you? I think it is easier to keep things straight by sewing 9 patches together. Just my opinion.

Lyn what a cool idea to use the tea cup. The older ones are so pretty. Chriss what are those beads you stuff things with? Wonder if they would work.

Maryq I think you should let us in on your secret to folding backings.

Jana I only have one ceiling that will take a fan, that is in the dining room we don't use much. Storage mostly. Lots of storage corners, walls etc in my house!

Judi I looked at that pattern, it is gorgeous. What colors are you using.

Lyn poor Maddox. Glad they got the IV started. It is so hard for kids to be sick. How old is he? Glad he was able to go home.

Marz I was born in Aurora (remember the movie theater shooting?) same place. My sister and I were both born at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital. Dad was stationed at the Air Force Academy. Just in case anybody is interested it is the same place John Kerry was born. I picked out a batik Called "Marine". I haven't looked anywhere else but if I don't hear soon I will look elsewhere are pick another background. I did a search today for calendar fabric, nothing really available.

Well dinner is about ready, gotta get Dad his meds and encourage him to drink his water. Would still like to get a few minutes in the sewing room at least.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”