Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday July 17th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday July 17th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:59 am

Good morning,,,,Damp and might rain today,,,a dreary morning, RiverLynn's party is at noon...I am headed down to get my coffee. I have more drywall dust to clean up,,,as the painter is also straightening up the drywall boogers and sanding them. Well Coffee and chores await.
I did make some strip sets last night,,,and I will try to sneak in some sewing time as I can,,,,Hope you are able to sneak in some too...Girls are a little bored and they get tired of screen time...they rode bikes yesterday, played catch, and did 5 minutes at the firepit...(they said the bugs were too bad) Perhaps tomorrow I can interest them in some basement work (LOL) NOT. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: Sunday July 17th 2022

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:05 am

Good morning everyone.
Not much going on here today. I am going to work on the graduation quilt and then watch the drag races this afternoon. Like I said not much happening here. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:56 am

Morning all
Yesterday I got everything but work on quilt border done. We went to mass yesterday afternoon, then grocery store. Came home to kids at our house, so we put burgers on Foreman grill and visited.
Today is bathe puppy then sewing room. Kids will be here for supper, so we will work together and make tacos and berry pie.
Have a great day
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 am

Good morning!

Well, the adventures in moving are now done! Daniel drove to Reno, got his own truck, returned the rental and drove back here, all in one day. Around a 1200 mile journey. Glad he's young!

I am down to the last two flowers on my bench pillow. They would be done, except I needed to help Sarah alter some shorts for Joseph to wear. We needed to open a side seam and then add velcro for a closure. I only did a couple of pairs of underwear and running shorts, to see if our theory works. If so, I have a couple more to do. Good thing I bought a large roll of velcro awhile back. I needed the velcro for doll clothes and all I could get was this large roll. Only needed just a small amount. Came in handy. I am coming to the conclusion that I like kits for some projects. They have all the fabrics needed and that keeps the Batt Cave cleaner, no explosion of fabric everywhere, looking for just the right piece! Although that can be fun, right now, I need to keep things in order, neat, there's too much stuff in this house!

Enjoy your wonderful day!
Hugs,
Jana

After church, I will finish the flowers and the clothes. That's the plan. Looks to be another beautiful day here in paradise, though hot.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:48 am

Good morning,

JANA - Good to hear Daniel is done "riding around" and is home. Poor little Smokey needs him! And I bet Mama is glad to have him off the road, too. Sometimes a kit is really the way to go. But I do love "shopping" in my stash! Good news about Joseph. I did that for my sis, too, a few years ago - opened up a leg In a pair of sweat pants to accommodate her hip to ankle brace. And I went to Goodwill and bought her a couple of elastic waist skirts. I doubt Joseph would like that, though. And hooray! Matt's car arrived! So, what model year did he end up with? The year he ordered or the most current?

DIANE - It's YOU who has the Edyta Starr's Alaska pattern. I was thinking it was Lois when Izzy mentioned it a week or two ago. Have you started it yet? That's too funny - your hubby going to shroud you in that fabric and bury you in the woods. But if you suddenly disappear, we'll be your witnesses!

JUDI - CAn't believe the girls are bored already. Whenever we were bored Mom was kind enough to find things for us to do. We stopped being bored PDQ!! (at least we never mentioned it to Mom if we were!) Is the painting done or just the priming? Floors are looming! Glad you are finding a little time in your life for sewing.

MARY Q - maybe Tom will help with those shelves . . . And when you asked yesterday, we had no one parked in our yard. But we do have a Boondocker now, with 3 little girls, 8 and under. They are from Ft. Collins, CO. The little girls had fun running off some energy in our big back yard. I think they are leaving today after going to the zoo and acquarium. We have another guest arriving in about 10 days plus we are going to store a motorhome for 10 days for a couple who are going on an Alaskan Cruise. Those owl panels would be so pretty. But we have enough real owls here and I think one more, even in fabric, would send Scottie over the edge! He HATES owls! :lol: But thanks for the offer anyway.

SUZETTE - glad you have some of your quilts. I only started keeping some for us about 14 years ago (I made my first quilt 47 years ago). And now I have them displayed all over the house and trailer and a closet full of them in the back room. I think I even have about a dozen Christmas quilts! I admit it - I'm an addict. I can't stop quilting.

FLO - did you get your puff repaired?

CHRISS - did you find your tee shirts? I have a few tank top dresses, but also some tee shirt dresses. Mostly, I just wear them around the house whenever I'm not feeling the love of waistbands.

I finished my Autumn Garden tablerunner yesterday. I decided it's going on the table. I like it! But if it were any larger I'd need to get a bigger table! I also used scraps of 30's fabrics to make a binding for my Star Bright, which Bill has on the frame right now. Then I pulled out my Calendar swap blocks and squared them up and will probably put them together today. But first, we have to hit the grocery store and maybe Costco. Bill has invited his "Y" group (4 couples counting us) for campfire weenie roast tomorrow so we need a few things. We're going to have Johnsonville Brats, sauerkraut, pasta salad, beans, and fruit salad. Everyone is bringing something. Over the last few years it's sort of become an every 6 weeks tradition with this group and we take turns hosting. One of the women called our group a "Supper Club". lol!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:32 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's been a busy morning around here helping Bill get all his Stuff together for a good week of camping and fishing 🎣 .
It's been 3 years since they have been able to go so I'm hoping they all have a good time.
We are suppose to get more rain and storms tonight and all day tomorrow I have enough sewing to keep me busy till he gets back.

Mary Z I do have the book and I will be making Aspen (giant snowflake) soon.

Thats all the news from here have a great day
I will be back tomorrow.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:26 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunday to you all! Going to be hot hot hot.... all week long... I'm hoping that I can just stay in ALLL week and keep cool!

Judi.... the little girls are bored already? HHHMMM how do they feel about sewing something? Or have you seen those Diamond art kits at Joann? Last year when Evie was bored, we got a couple small ones to start.. now she loves them and has done several. Though with short attention spans it might not be the best project ever! :lol: :lol:

Suzette... You know a nice quiet TV watching day sounds wonderful... throw in a little sewing and it's dang near perfect!

Flo... Do you have one of those big Foreman grills? I have a small one around here somewhere and I used to use it a lot, but it was such a pain to clean.... it was an older one, I hear the new ones are easier!

Jana.... Good news that Daniel is safely home, tho I bet he is exhausted! I never thought I liked kits much either, but now that I have bought a couple and KC has given me a couple. I am kind of liking that idea... not much left over fabric to worry about finding a place for!

Maryz ... I HAVE SHELVES! Brennen came over yesterday and between the two of us we got them up! and they are 99.9% level! :lol: Viv came over later on and she loved the owl panels so she grabbed those and a few other things I saved for her. Can I come to your weenie roast! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm assuming there might be some wine also?!

Lois... I bet Bill is super excited to go fishing with the guy again! This isn't the trip he comes to Minnesota for is it? I hope not, as I hear fishing in MN has been really bad this year. Tom and Viv live right on the Mississippi river and they say the fishing hasn't been great there this year at all

Chriss.. What are you up to today!!!

Since Bren and I got the shelves up... today is clean up day here. I think Tom and Viv will be over later as Tom is going to help me cap off a gas line that went to my old dryer. My new one is electric so I don't need that copper piping anymore. IF I get everything back in it's proper place today.. tomorrow I will to sew.. As I was looking for things in the garage yesterday I found the box with some more UFO's... You are going to laugh (or cry) when I tell you I found 5 years of Christmas blocks out there. They are sorted and ready to put together, but so much stuff got side tracked and forgotten about in the move. Viv loves to play with my swap blocks so I gave her a couple. I really do need to do some re-con in garage, but will wait for a nice cool day... maybe in September! :lol: :lol:

For now I need more coffee and some rockin' music to get butt in gear!

You all have a most wonderful day... and today, just for the heck of it... hug someone and tell them you love them!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:29 am

Good morning. It's supposed to be 109* today. I'm not thrilled about the heat but thankfully I live indoors. almost 7:30 and it's already *

Last night our power went out and came on a couple of times. It does get hot quickly and at 8pm with the temperature at 90+ degrees outside the inside heats up in no time. Also, funny how Facebook lights up with so much negativity when something like this happens. can't do a thing about it but complain. Jerry and I read the comments and shake our heads.

Judi, too bad the girls aren't younger, you could make a game out of that basement work. First one to clean up an area wins a dollar. I will be sewing today, come on over.

Suzette, what is the pattern and colors of the graduation quilt? who is graduating?

Flo, burgers are one of my favorite dinners. I love them with grilled onions and melted cheese. hmmm, maybe you planned my dinner menu and didn't even know it. thanks.

Jana, I like kits too. Connecting Threads often has theirs on sale and they come with the pattern. hope the velcro does the trick.

Maryz, I want to see taht table runner, post a picture please. Nope, didn't find a plain white t-shirt. I will likely buy something from Amazon. It's hard to find something that doesn't have a design on it. I like my tank top dresses but like my shoulders covered, not a tank top person, not sure why.

Lois, I would love a week all to myself, hope you have the funnest time ever.

Maryq, I did get that oil changed yesterday. so glad it's done. 6,000 miles till the next one. One time we had a pass the box kind of a swap. whoever started filled a flat rate box and sent it to the next person to take and add whatever they wanted. Sadly, postage is crazy high to do that again. I am so tempted to see the fabric you are wanting to get rid of but then I go in my room and see the horde of fabric I already have and find a way to resist. I did go to a Hospice thrift store yesterday and bought some fabric. Also found some quilt books. Great that you found all of those Christmas blocks but blaming their disappearance on the move, not sure I'm buying that one. :lol:

As soon as Jane Pauley is done I will start my day. Hope you all have a fun day and stay cool.

Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:32 am

Mary Q no he's never been to Minnesota no he is all the way up in Sussex NJ he will be leaving soon.

Lois

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in this morning before I get some breakfast. Just got back from getting my newspaper in town. Went early because we are supposed to get some severe storms this afternoon. Not much happening here today except watching sports like usual on Sunday. My Cubs are on this afternoon but we are not doing so well. This is not going to be one of our better years. First up though I want to watch the last round of the British Open while I eat.

Hope everyone has a good and safe day. Stay cool. Starting tomorrow it will be getting excessively humid and in 90's for several days. Good time to stay in with the A/C.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”