Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday July 17th 2022

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Sunday July 17th 2022

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:01 am

Happy Sunday all, Dad is up, changed and having his breakfast. He is having more bleeding around the catheter which started yesterday. Not sure what I can do about it. I think he is pulling it when he moves around. Urologist says in men his age, the prostate is very friable (sp?) and will bleed easy. Gave him an extra egg for breakfast to boost his protein a bit.

Sherry any size storm here would be appreciated. My sister loved the cubs. She died the year they won the pennant and wasn't able to see it. I imagine she watched from heaven. She would have been thrilled.

Chriss 109*! I will not be visiting today. Let me know when you get around 72 and I will be there. Our power goes in and out at times too. I think more often in the heat. If it really goes out we have a generator we can run off of. It runs about everything but the dryer.

Maryq I am tempted by your fabric too but the last thing I need is more fabric, just ask my DH. Glad you got your shelves. I need some too but really holding off doing much as long as Dad is around. My room is not big enough to do what I want anyway.

Lois you find such fascinating patterns, I will have to look Aspen up. I was born in Colorado so a bit of nostalgia there.

Maryz I have my calendar blocks still out. Trying to decide what to do for sashing/borders. Was the LQS the other day and thought maybe something with calendars on it would be cute but didn't see anything. Also asked about my background for Starry Night I ordered. Not here yet. First class Aug 13 so praying.

Jana glad Daniel got home safe. That's a big trip.

Flo berry pie sure sounds good, can you save me a piece please?

Suzette who is graduating?

Judi you never know with kids, I agree with Chriss I think it was, can you make a game out of it? Do they show any interest in sewing? cooking?

One chart to do today, one 1 1/2 hour online class and then back to my blocks. I would like to ask for prayers for a young man (19) who my grandson was friends with a few years back. Here is CA they do what they call side shows which is basically doing donuts in your car in the middle of the intersection. They have become upwards of 200 people, guns and quite dangerous. Well, on the 4th of July the young man was observing one just around the corner from my house, he ended up getting hit by a car and landed on his head. Significant brain injury and has been in a coma ever since. He has a baby who is just 8 months old and apparently another on the way. I don't get kids today. Despite this boy's injury, they were back at it the next night! I personally don't think he will make it but if he does, will have significant disability. His mom is obviously having a hard time. Don't know what else I can do but pray for God's will to be done. https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/man ... conscious/

Off to get my chores started and still need to watch the church video. Dad gets up just in time for me not to watch live! Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Re: Sunday July 17th 2022

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:56 am

Jana, kits are great. I was at the Sew and Save in Layton buying a kit. The lady in front of me was buying fabric for the same pattern. She only bought half of the fabric needed and it cost the same as the kit.

Chriss, 109 is a bit warmish. Complaining accomplishes nothing. People need to learn how to problem solve instead. Stay cool my friend.

Judi, offer the girls something to do. Dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting. I'm sure they won't be bored anymore.😂

I'm finishing up the projects I took to retreat.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”