Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday June 30,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday June 30,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:08 am

Good morning,

Just thought I would stop in and say hello I haven't been sewing to much just don't feel like I have a mini tumbler so I thought I might try a thimble quilt but will see if that idea goes away.
Not much going on here we are supposed to reach 90 today and I will be inside I have some wash that needs to be done but other than that that will be my day.

Everyone have a great day.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday June 30,2022

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:49 am

Morning Lois and all to follow
It's been cooler here last few days, so we have been getting yard work done. So far my tomatoes are doing well.
Still hand quilting the scrappy heart quilts. First one that Chriss posted pic of has borders on top and bottom only. Since I have the extra backing & batting on sides, going to use stitch and flip method and add border to sides. That means back to stitching Itty bitty seams again...I know, I must be nuts.

Have a sew great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:27 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I know how you feel. I don't really have a current project going either right now. My UFO's are caught up, so I pulled out one of my two projects I usually save for traveling. But it's summertime and a great time to catch up on some reading, sort out patterns, refold/rearrange fabric, and sit in the shade. I think I may have just outlined my own day's plan! lol! How big are the thimbles in a thimble quilt?

FLO - every morning after I type out my post and hit SUBMIT, there you are! Like a little surprise! Your heart quilts will both be treasures!

CHRISS - tell Jerry to wait for me!! I'm in for the burger! No crab here! I'm am definitely not a crabby person!

JANA - Ugh. My DFIL used to go with his buddies down to the ocean for a weekend of guy fun, and bring back lots of cooked dungeness crab. They would all gather at Dad's, cover the table with newspapers, dump the crabs in the middle, pass out nut crackers, open the beer, and the party was on! I usually wasn't there for their "crab cracks", thankfully. :lol:

JUDI - I use alfredo sauce, too, for chicken pizzas. I also use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce occasionally. But never, ever seafood - or as we refer to it around here - cat food. Thanks for a new author. Lately I've been listening to Monica Ferris (needlework themed), Joanne Fluke (baker themed), Ellery Adams, and Julie Mulhern (a new to me author).

VAL - sorry the eye dr is so hard to get a hold of and then when you did, they hung up. Maybe they have caller ID? :roll: Sounds like Dad is improving. Good news! Now if we can just get you back into 'negative' territory! And yes, Chriss makes everyone laugh! It's her job here on earth. Bring smiles to the unsmiling. :D

SHERRY - since you asked: my son's name is Mike but he uses M L Erdahl as his author name. His first two books are Winter Takes All and Spring Upon a Crime. I haven't heard that his third is out yet, but I believe the title will be Summer Assault. They are PNW outdoor guide themed.

CHRISS - yes, sometimes it's a zoo here with the Boondockers. We had 5 days of campfires, cooking, socializing, and washing dishes. The last 3 campers we've had have each stayed 3 days and never came out of their rigs or even opened their doors. We're not sure what their deal is. We think that's odd, but they aren't obligated to tell us what they are doing. But I get so curious!!! Some work from their RV's.

BEVERLY - being organized became a lot easier once I jetisoned the job. And the family went next. It's just the cat and dog now. Oh, and Bill. The cat and dog and Bill. Life is much easier to organize now. :lol:

JUDI - I don't really mind laundry either. I often slip in a load now and then through the week so laundry day isn't really a big happening. But when it is, I sew between loads and use my phone timer or else I forget after the first load goes in. I do fold all, and set Bill's clothes on the bed for him to put away himself. And thanks for another author! I'm always looking for a new one. And as long as we're talking books, we should share with everyone an author you and I like, Arlene Sachitano who writes a series of quilting mysteries. She and her quilt group, the Loose Threads, solve the mysteries. Set in a mythical town but fashioned after Port Townsend, WA. Someone here has a sister who lives, or used to live, in Port Townsend - Lori? Valerie?

LYN - busy never stops for you! Big busy!! Hope all on the MH checks out OK. You are an amazing wonder with that home on wheels.

JANA - You are doing a lot to get ready for Daniel. One thing, when they leave you will have a well wired house! Helping 80 kids decorate cookies is quite an eye opener! I did the same thing for about the same number of kids at an event for Autumn's library 3 winters ago. I was just glad I wasn't the person who had to vacuum the sprinkles out of the carpet!

MARY Q - was the garage sale fun yesterday? Good bargains? I bet that's a neat book your brother wrote about the wild horses. We have them in eastern WA, too. In fact, the 14 Hands winery in SE WA is named for the wild horses that are in that area. Did you really frog an entire quilt for KC? I think I wouldn't do that but would give it back to her as "homework assignment". That's great TV work. That would let you know how badly she really wants it quilted! :D

Yesterday I finally finished all my Christmas wrapping. Had to go out to buy big bags of M&M's to add to two gifts and also some popcorn to go with a couple of movies I got for my younger sis. Then I dragged all the presents out to the trailer to store them. I had chiro appt, and then Bill and I had another appt to get some documents notarized. I got my sewing room cleaned from all the wrapping mess, made pizza, and then it was time to shut 'er down for the day. Today - I think I'll clean the family room downstairs, cut some fabric for my little stars, and finish my book. Oh! And my Bernie is ready to be picked up! Yay! Not sure when we'll do that. Trying to organize any other Tacoma errands we can think of before going to town.

Make it a good day!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:31 am

Good morning!

Much yawning here at the moment. The All Night Bowling Alley opened for business! Thunder, lightning, more thunder and more lightning. Those angels up there were having a great time! Quiet so far now, but I think there's more in store.

Today the new internet service is being added to our house. Michael and Sarah have the pieces parts needed, thanks to Amazon Prime - same day delivery! Plus my handyman Tim, is coming over. I have some old paint peeling, farm house style windows to hang as a decoration. Joseph, Sarah's DH was going to do that, but, alas, he tore up his knee. The handyman called, so I am putting him to work.

I got the middle bedroom, what we call it, cleaned out, ready to be filled with family! I have a beautiful, gently used crib, that if I donate it to Deseret Industries or Goodwill, they, by law have to destroy it and throw it away! It meets all the current codes and standards, but, no, it has to be destroyed. Some stupid politicians, along with all things manufacturing for babies makes it so you can't help out others and you have to buy new, all the time! Yes, safety is needed, but so is some brains that we were given! Brains are not just to keep our ears apart. OK, off my soapbox.

So it will be busy around here. Hope to see my Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:14 am

Good morning all..I was up dressed hair combed and a load of other wash in, I got the brilliant idea to clean the room my son stays in when he is here,,,Mostly he has been staying at his friends house which is much much closer to where he works...to save on gas. He did come by to get summer clothes out of his storage ad visit for a bit. Cheyenne will be coming here on July 15th...we have one party on the 16th ( anniversary for friends) and the 17th will be River Lynns first birthday....time has surely flown. since her Dad will stay here when she comes I needed to get the comfortrs and bed linens washed and remake the beds in the "guest room" (2 twins) She will be excited to be here and have fun with Sophia her BFF cousin. I will have 4 weeks of 2 teenage type girls here most of thetime. then 1 week Sophia will be gone on a cruise with another friend and then DD will take both girls up to the lake for a week before Chey goes home again...The already have plans for me to take them to the mall to shop and out to lunch at least twice...and we will do a few other things when Sophia is gone on the cruise. So my busiest time of the summer is happening in 2 weeks...
Saturday my sister is having her annual 4th of July picnic and family get together,,,about 100 people attend and her pool is full for the whole day....Since we havent had a lot of rain here fireworks will be nixed this year,
Some of the parents bring sparklers for the kids but I am totally not a fan of kids waving hundreds of degrees of burning metal... I did a few days in a pediatric burn unit in my nursing days,,,and hated them ever since.
Well its time to switch loads...By the way the Pizza was sososos good...Ken took the left overs in his lunch for today....
AND we have steps.......a few more trim pieces to do around the steps and painting can start, I jusy need to get the paint and some painting supplies...I was able to get all the food stuff down to the pantry. DD picked up her laundry and we are good to go...Her new washer wont be delivered till July 8th so Im sure she will bring more laundry over before then...hope your day is eventful in a good way...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:30 am

Good Morning Girls

Yuppers, going to be another hot one! Think it's a "stay in and sew" day! Was going to go help KC, but this cold got ahold of me and I best not spread any germs... especially in a senior assisted living center! They'd probably only let me in the door if I was in a full haz-mat suit!

Lois..,I think I have that mini tumbler template too. I do love collecting templates :lol: :lol: would be perfect for a jelly roll of even lots of scraps! You need scraps honey? Just give a call... :lol: :lol:

Flo.... With lots of love I do tell you that you are in fact NUTS!! And have the patience of saint to do all that hand quilting. But I just know that your quilts are beautiful all hand done and will be treasured for years!

Maryz.... Nothing in the works? No UFOs? How is that possible! I didn't think it was physiologically possible to NOT have a ufo! You know I have happy to share some of mine, if you would just like something to play with.. :lol: :lol: Yes, I did frog that entire quilt. When/if she squared up the main blocks, she didn't square from the center so one Side is shorter than the other if you know what I mean. That's odd that the boondockers didn't even open their door! What do you suppose they were doing in there? Did the camper starting rocking? It's my oldest brother's son that wrote the book. Google CHAD HANSON... you will find him on the internet
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxserp=0 That's my nephew!
I remember changing his diapers!

Jana... .How silly is that!! You can't donate a perfectly good crib? Is that just Utah? I never heard of anything so silly. No wonder our landfills are overflowing! A lot of the new cribs now and be converted to regular beds... so somebody came up with a good idea!

Judi... Oh boy.. you are getting ready for another summer giggle-fest with your girls! Will you need to take out a second mortgage to take them shopping? Is Sophie into clothes and stuff yet?
How are the steps coming to the basement.. Your washer/dryer aren't down there are they?

Lyn... Just in case you stop by.... I wish you a very happy birthday and hope you have a fun with a little of this and a little of that to make you smile!

For now I need more coffee, and more Puffs---can't have a cold without my PUFFS! Then I'll figure out what the POTD is!

Whatever your project is... Have FUN

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:03 am

I woke up with this thought this morning and posted it on FB, but I will share here, too.

On this day I think of all that is changing around us, much of it for the worst. The 'worst' is wanting me to focus on it, 'It' is Satan.
Time to focus on GOD and only GOD. We may be in the end times, but GOD is still in control.
Focusing on
GOD
first, last & always!
❣️❣️❣️

MaryQ, thank you for the birthday wishes. Geez, 69 years!

Valerie, I think you ask about our MH. It's 45 feet and we have the Jeep in tow, so about 65' total. It's not hard to drive. I'm glad that I declared to drive half the time, back in 06 when we bought the first 40' MH in Fife, WA. If I hadn't been driving all these years, we would be grounded now.

My sister is on the phone. Must talk to her.
Have a Great Day!
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:05 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. We will be a few degrees cooler but not sure I will notice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today the plan is to make some bean bags to hold down pamphlets. The local health care group saw the ones I made for Alzheimer's and wants some too. The Alz were purple, these will be orange and white. My poly pellets will be here tomorrow so I can stuff the bags. After that I want to make some blocks for the lotto.

I posted a prayer circle yesterday, list your prayers.

Lois, are you doing the FatCat thimbles? They are really cute.

Flo, you might be a little nuts but you will have a beautiful quilt.

Maryz, you are like Alice in Wonderland, you get curiouser and curiouser. Jerry is a keep to himself person. Not a mingler. I like to do things and get out and go places. I'm hoping you get your machine soon, I'm sure he misses you.

Jana, I've seen cribs or headboards and footboards made into benches. Jerry took a changing table and made it into a ironing board for me. Sad that things that are up to code can't be gifted. Can it be used in your church nursery? Never thought of it as a bowling alley but I see why you call it that.

Judi, life is moving forward for you. exciting to have Chey come and have two teens in the house. We had lots of sleepovers here when Mar was growing up. It's fun to listen to the kids no matter how old they are. Steps, they are a blessing aren't they.

Maryq, enjoy your day off, hope your cold goes away. Does KC have a lot of stuff in her room in assisted living? Your nephew is so handsome.

Valerie, glad to make you smile. Smiling is a great way to go through the day.

I am going to boil some eggs and also make that cuke, tomato, red onion in Italian dressing concoction. Also need a bit of breakfast, probably a BLOAT. You all have a super day, I will be in my room if you want to have a play date..
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 am

Lyn - Happy Birthday! We are almost twins, I have 6 months more age on you!

Great thought and oh so true. One more part to add at the end, God already knows the end outcome , and He wins! And so will we!

Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:41 am

Happy Thursday. Testing is still +. The site I use is not open now until Tuesday so need to figure out where to go tomorrow. The home tests are pricey and don't want to but unless I have to. LHI here does it at no cost to you.

Lois we all have those periods where we just don't feel it. Those little tumbler quilts are cute though. Do you have a small one in your life?

Flo we were cooler yesterday and going to be a few more degrees cooler today. Our tomatoes are just not doing much. I am getting some small ones but that is it. Many are getting brown on the bottom. Not sure what that is about.

Maryz I don't know what I would do if I didn't have any UFO's. That would be quite weird to me. I am sure if I drug them all out there are at least 30. So if you have time on your hands, let me know. I've got lots to fill it up. I did finally get ahold of the eye dr. He said to go ahead and bring Dad in his w/c if we have too as delaying the shot will likely start the eye to bleeding again. He said he can do the shot in his W/C. So Week after next. I gotta call today and make the appt.

Jana the crab prices here are going up so much we haven't bought in a few years. We used to go to Bodega Bay every November. I didn't even check the prices last November. Crab feeds are usually around Feb and no less than $60 - $65 per person.

Lyn the Happiest of Birthdays to you. Have a piece of cake on me! Yes, GOD is in control if we just let him in.

Judi I have heard those sparklers can reach temps of over 1800*. Pediatric burn unit must of been heart breaking at times. I have always pretty much stuck with the old folks. Did some young guys early on AIDS epidemic but that is it. So glad to hear you got steps!

Chriss a play date would be wonderful, If I could just get over being +. Dad and DH are now both testing -. But I did not get the antivirals either so maybe that is the difference.

Well, I am done being angry with my machine for running out of thread (it should know better!) so will go put a new spool on and finish up those school houses.

Have a great day everyone,

Maryq if the assisted living is anything like here, they won't let you in at all. Hope it is only a cold.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”