Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

saturday June 25th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

saturday June 25th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:36 am

Good morning beautiful sunny day but hot again. Grass is turning brown due to no rain. but we are expecting thunderstorms tonight. maybe.
Today is the shower for the grand daughter so not much will get done around here,,,it is from 12 to 4.
It will be nice to meet Stephins family and see little Maddie again..( Stephon's daughter) I have a quilt for her since she is the big sister and asked for one. Should be a fun day.
We went to get the wood for the new staircase and that will start tomorrow. We are both anxious to get started on the painting,
Monday the template will get made for the new kitchen counter and the mont h of July should see the flooring for the basement go in and the new countertops in the kitchen...things are looking up ( except for the bank account :D )
I did finish the 2 SG blocks and started on a top of orphan blocks...These are blocks where I miss read the pattern ( not once but twice ) and made twice as many hexi blocks as I needed so have enough for nother quilt...decided to alter the pattern so it will be a different quilt.
I need coffee and get Ken some breakfast,,,hope your day is fun and prayers fr all who are battling illness and things that need prayers,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Re: saturday June 25th

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:22 am

Good morning!

Today is going to be a wonderful day! The sun is just peeking over my mountains and I hear the little rooster trying his darnest to wake up the neighborhood. The mourning doves are cooing in the trees too.

I got the Main Street pillow top assembled and I am now trying to decide on quilting it on my sewing machine or on the LA. It's just that in-between size. The LA is winning out in the discussion among the ideas in my head. Probably will take me longer to load it on my LA, than to quilt it. I do use the red snappers to load my quilts. They are so wonderful! I have several more bench pillow kits from Kimberbell that I can make, that may get started today too.

Sarah will finally be done with the anniversary party today. Her DH and BIL are setting up the room and putting on the table cloths and decorations. Sarah has those all ready to go, with instructions. Sarah is doing the little bit of food prep - veggies and fruit. The rest is being catered for the dinner. The other siblings are pitching fits about anything and everything. There is one sister, all rest boys, and the sister is being the worst, she's not the center of attention. If my kids pull anything like being a brat, I will knock their heads together and put them in the time out corner! Sheesh! We did get the date for Sarah's DH's surgery on his knee. July 15th. Then six months in a brace and 6 months of physical therapy. At the three month mark, her DH can jog, slowly on a flat paved surface. He is a long distance runner and was training for a half marathon in September. That's out the window this year.

Tonight we are taking Matt's oldest three boys out to dinner. We'll pick up some take out food and head over to the trains and watch the trains and eat. Then take them home. Later, here at the house is the town's fireworks show. We watch from our deck. Aaron is on duty tonight for that. Both were on duty last night. The little girls spent that time with one of Kate's sisters. We will have fireworks off and on until the end of July here in Utah.

Sew and do fun stuff! I love the word "stuff" - it's so descriptive!

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 am

Good morning,

JUDI - enjoy the shower! I haven't been to a shower of any kind for almost 30 years. I guess I don't know any young people any more! lol! Little Maddie will love the quilt you give her. I think it's sweet that she asked you for one. You were busy everywhere yesterday - sewing room, kitchen, bedroom closet . . . . I love my bottom freezer, too. It has french doors, and each side has 2 drawers plus a pull out shelf. And my insistance on that is how I ended up with a giant fridge on top. Oh well.

KATHY - well shuckie darn! You mean the lawn party is cancelled?! I was thinking we could mow trails in your grass and then play lawn trail tag. I suppose it's OK. We accidentally ate all the deviled eggs I made for the part, anyway. :P I guess second best outcome is that you'll have a lawn again. Your Curtis is an angel!

VELDA - Happy summer haircut! I'm not too happy with the shape of mine, but I'll be going back again in early August. Both the dog and I already have appts.

MARY Q - Yes, I agree! Simple appliances are the best. I don't need a window to see my fridge contents, nor do I need my fridge e-mailing me. Yet, if we leave the door open for too long, it will. lol! How was your day at KC's?

JANA - Your SIL is going to have quite a long time in recovery! Maybe this is divine timing with Daniel coming to town. He might be able to help out at Sarah's house. Maybe they should go live with Sarah and Ethan can come live with you . . .

LYN - did you make your CO destination in one day or are you on the road again today? Are you going straight home or to another town for the party?

FLO - Nice for Joe to have his favorite meal waiting for him! They need spoiling now and then.

CHRISS - Did you get to sew yesterday? Today? Do you have enough bobbins?

I cleaned living and dining rooms yesterday, rearranging furniture. I know I'll switch it all back again before long, but it always looks cleaner when it's different. Today I need to mop the kitchen floor and clean the bathroom and my sewing room. I may dig out one of my travel sewing projects to work on since I have nothing else on my work table right now. Or I might start wrapping Christmas gifts that go back to CO and get them boxed up. My sister will be here before long and she is taking them back with her in their RV. Right now they are spread all over the quilting room floor. Time to get organized! I'm excited to receive my new pattern, North Stars by Elizabeth Hartman. I called our little quilt shop here in G.H. They don't have it in stock but are adding it to their order and it should be in in a week or two. I try to support them when I can. They are a tiny new shop (Sew Hip) and still working to get established.

Our boondockers are all leaving today. They've been a lot of fun and we've all become good friends. Bill was able to save the 'kids' a lot of money by helping them with their trailer repairs. Bill was able to gently teach Cobe a lot about trailer brakes, bearings, wiring, etc. They were grateful and Santana's mom even face-timed us, thanking us for helping out the kids out. I offered them all use of the washer and dryer, too, as I knew they all had to be looking for a laundromat soon. More gratefulness. That isn't part of what we offer boondockers, but is IS what we do to help friends. 22 years ago in Bryce Canyon we helped another young couple (from NY) who were having problems. We became friends with them, too, and still keep in contact by FB and Christmas cards. He is now a doctor and they have three kids. I wonder where Cobe and Santana will be in 22 years. Maybe we'll have little grand-boondockers! lol!

We're going to lunch today with our grandson, Drew, and then he and "Pop" are going to a gun class and I will have the afternoon to myself. After I get my uglies done I'll figure out what kind of trouble to get into next.

Happy Weekend!!

mary z & foxy
>^+^<

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:04 am

Hello everyone. I keep forgetting that today is Saturday. Our regular TV programs are not in the line up on week. So I took my tools and went out on knees to pull weeds while it was still cool and cloudy. No sunshine beating down on me. Took almost two hours, but glad it's finished. Doing laundry also in between other jobs. Our clear shower curtain liner was looking bad, so I pulled it down ( actually, unhooked) and put in with my laundry. Thought that would take care of it. Well it is very clean, but still had a yellow looking appearance. I put in down in the tub and tried some bleach. Nope! So next I rinsed that really good and tried white vinegar. Nope! Not that either. ???? Next I rinsed again because I don't want to mix remedies. I got my bottle of "Whink" ( a rust remover) and applied that. Still didn't really eliminate that yellow. I gave up!!! Rinsed it down and hung it back up on the hooks. I know it clean and no soap scum. Guess that will just have to be good enough. Next time, I will just buy a new liner. LOL
Guess that about all I know for today. Headed for another cup of coffee β˜•β˜•β˜•
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:27 am

Good morning. Today will be a wonderful day. My only goal is to do two loads of laundry and sew my lotto blocks. I do need to make a trip to the post office which thankfully is open on Saturday.

It's also going to be a hot day. I think that Old Man Winter has passed on and there is no replacement. I'd really like to see a winter storm with rain and snow here. Our winters just aren't wet anymore and our summers are hot and dry. Spring and Fall seem to be a thing of the past.

Judi, I love that Maddie is going to get a big sister quilt. Sweet that she asked for one. Enjoy the shower. Yay for progress on the basement. Our freezer is on top of the fridge. I like the set up but it is too small. Our next appliance purchase will likely be a washing machine, like you it will be low tech.

Jana, I think it's cool that the grands enjoy the trains too. My kids also don't act like spoiled brats. They just know better. Thankfully the party will be over and done with and but look at their parents demanding a party. sounds like spoiled is in their DNA.

Maryz, one day the boondockers you helped will pay it forward. Kinda fate that you had the same mechanical issues so you could be prepared to help your guests. Hope the rest of their trip is smooth. What does Vicky think of your guests? Where will you go for lunch with Drew? Is he a hunter or just practicing his aim? My bobbins remained full, thanks. I have a sidewinder and thread quite a few bobbins at a time. So nice to not have to stop and wind one. I used to be a cold pizza lover and a leftover spaghetti lover. now I just have different versions of those foods.

Flo, beef tips in gravy sounds good. Actually, anything in gravy or with melted cheese sounds good. Hope Joe enjoyed it.

Lyn, it really warmed my heart to hear Maddox knows I am partially responsible for the smooches and squeezes. So wish I had a baby, or toddler, to smooch on.

Velda, I also forget it's saturday, or any day for that matter. When I open my email in the morning and there are fewer devotions in my in box I know it's a weekend. Jerry uses a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to remove the hard water minerals here. It may help your shower curtain, although they are probably cheap on Amazon. Don't you just love when a hair cut works out. I loved my last one too.

Maryq, yay you getting all new appliances. what fun.

Kathy, how wonderful that you got the lawn mowed. did you kick off your shoes and run around barefoot in it? Hope you saved the lawn man's number, he sounds like a good guy. Did you by the jelly rolls? I say go for it. Enjoy that short hair, I have thought about whacking mine off a bit extra with this heat.

Jerry cleaned the coffee makers yesterday. We have two coffee makers going each day. He is Yuban I am Folgers. I drink about two cups and he finishes his pot and mine. This mornings coffee is so good, I love when the coffee makers are cleaned. I will make a jar of sun tea.

load two is in the washer. I need to start my day, you all have a fun weekend.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:53 am

Good morning everyone. No CG today so up to care for Dad. He is awaje and has had some of his meds. He said he is working on getting up. It will take him an hour so I have time.

Still have deep productive cough. Bit of a sore throat. A bit foggy (tried to use best press as a disinfectant) and cold sweat/short of breath when up and about. I am going to try real hard though to get July Lotto set up today. It is a simple block so should be ok.

Not too much else happening here.

I did read that someone was sad that I lost my ringlets? Uhm, last I looked they were still there?

Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:16 am

Good Morning Y'all

Waiting for my coffee to kick.. my liquid ambition so I can get some stuff done around here today. It's Saturday so it's chore day... time to wash some floors and run the vac and clean up messes in the sewing room. No sense in taking a shower... it's going to be a hot and sweaty day, even with the AC on!

Judi... Thanks for the info on fridges... I really wanted a French door fridge, but there isn't one that will fit the space, so I'm looking at an LG freezer on the bottom one. Are you doing granite or quartz in your kitchen? OH and yes, the bank account can sure take a hit with big projects!

Jana.... Give Sarah my best wishes that the party goes off with a hitch... or should I say a hissy fit by the sister! Hope her DH isn't in a lot of pain and will send some extra prayers for good surgery!

Mary... .I saw those fancy refridges... OMG $3500 for a fridge... that's crazy. All I need is a place to keep my pizza frozen, my eggs cold, my lettuce crisp, my wine cool, and my ice for Margarita's frozen! It was a long day at KC's but I brought home a few things and we emptied 5 boxes... so that's a good sign we are making progress. After I was done there I got to go see my Nolan sing with his Choir. He got a trophy at the awards ceremony for "Most Improved Choir Boy"

Velda...May I suggest next time.... just grab a new shower liner at Target! :lol: :lol: Sounds like a lot of work! Bleach does tend to make things yellow tho.

Chriss... Seriously, you make two different coffees every morning? I'm a Folgers gal myself. When I go down to Tom and Viv's I bring my own Folgers because they make "foo-foo" coffee... Pecan flavored stuff ugh... Give me regular coffee Black Straight Up with one ice cube to cool it. But good brewed Ice Tea? Another one of my favorites!

Val... Oh gosh I hope you are feeling so much better. I bet you are quarantined at home for a little bit yes? Is Dad feeling okay? And your DH?

Well, the coffee is starting to kick in and since the temps have cooled down a bit I might open a window or two.

Wishing you all a Super Saturday!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:08 am

Good Sunny Coolish(66), Afternoon,
Up all night, slept until 11...feeling good.

There was much excitement here with the mowing but no running or walking in then grass. It's hard & crunchy....it will need some treatment this Fall.

The computer just updated the temp....83*

Talked to my BFF she is all vaccinated & now has Coved for the 2ed time in 2 months...very mild this time.

My across the street neighbor just called to say one of my burning neighbors are moving! I must start praying for nice new people.

I just can't respond to each if you today.....I still type so slow.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Good day from Estes Park. Cool and overcast.

We got to our RV garage, near Loveland on the flat lands, about 5 yesterday. Loaded Jeep with necessities like pills and dog food. Got to the house about 7.

Slept in. I'm tired, but some of that is altitude and the fact that I have to remember to take deep breathes to get my oxygen up to at least 93. It runs about 88 otherwise. 3 cups of coffee has helped. MaryQ, I like foo foo coffee, Pecan is a favorite. Also need an ice cube to cool a little. Only doing a few things today, shower, pick up mail and go to my brother's retirement party at 6, in Fort Collins.
Lyn

Return to β€œSew ins”