Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, June 24th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Friday, June 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:56 am

Good morning,

I think we are supposed to break 80* today. First time this year. I know many of you would also love to break 80* but going the other way. What a strange year it's been!

LOIS - sometimes it's nice to break away from quilts and make something else, isn't it. I like those little quilted bowl holders for the microwave so you can lift out dishes without burning yourself even though I've never made one. I rec'd one as a gift. But everything has to be 100% cotton - fabric, batting, and thread. I'd have to check my batting's content.

CHRISS - I think we should have a grass=cutting party at Kathy's. I'll bring some deviled eggs. You told us your new favorite breakfast yesterday. At first I thought - 'funny Chriss'. Then I remembered I like cold pizza, spaghetti, and split pea soup for breakfast. :lol: :lol:

VALERIE - glad to hear Dad's temp is back to normal. I hope he stays on the recovery road. Strange about your doctor. I'm guessing it's time you look for a new one and he looks at retirement. You mentioned something about him last year that I thought was a little strange - that he forgot some specifics about your medical history even though he's been your medical provider for 20 years.

JANA - your Michael has finally moved into the 21st century! Good for him! How is he doing with his new phone lessons? When will M & C be home? How old are their kids now. I lose track. Only 11 more days!!

LYN - glad you made it to Hays and got started on the smooching! How long will you be there until you head to CO?

MARY Q - glad to hear your root canal was postponed and maybe even cancelled! And here I was thinking about you and sending sympathy vibes. I have no real recommendations for appliances. None of them are what they used to be. But Tina just got a new stove last Nov. And so far I believe she loves it. I've been told (by a retired appliance repair friend) that the new Speed Queens are THE brands for washers/dryers. Better quality and last longer. When my 30 yr old Maytags give up the ghost that's what we'll look at. I do know I hate my Samsung fridge - we bought it on line at the height of Covid. If I'd seen it in person, I never would have gotten this one. I don't like the french doors and it's so tall I have to stand on a stool to reach the back of the top shelf. I loved my old Samsung fridge, but it fizzled and died after 12 yrs.

JUDI - Are you all set for the shower tomorrow? Shoes? Purse? What's the progress report on the basement? Does Ken only work on it on weekends?

As I've been typing this - between 4am and 4:30 - I heard what sounded like something getting tangled up in a plastic the handle of a 5-gal bucket and trying to get loose. Then, a few minutes ago, something snarling and fighting near the next door chickens - raccoons? Coyote? Scottie is going nuts and Foxy is sitting quietly, big-eyed, watching out the window. We had dinner out by the campfire last night and a raccoon did visit us . . . .

It's been a busy time here. Our young Boondocker couple have a hard-sided pop up trailer and were having wheel bearing trouble. They were calling several service places but Bill offered to help them to save them a little money (they are just barely 21). So he and "Cobe" spent yesterday doing exactly the same things we've been doing to our own trailer. They found one bad brake shoe and now there are interruptions in brake connection to their car. Exactly the problem we were having a few weeks ago. So they'll be working some more on that today. Everybody is set to leave Saturday morning. But new people are coming in Sat evening. We are booked solid for next two weeks and have had to start turning people away. I figured it would be a busy summer, but had no idea just how busy!

With all the action around here the last couple days not much sewing has happened. And I'm starting to feel the urge to clean. We'll be writing messages in the dust pretty soon if I don't give into that urge, so maybe today . . . . And I saw Elizabeth Hartman's pattern, North Stars, yesterday and fell in love with it. So I'm hoping someone, hopefully QIAD, has it on sale soon. I'd love to make that one!

Take good care!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Re: Friday, June 24th

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:03 am

Morning Maryz & all to follow
Here going to be in 90's with high humidity.
Joe is exhausted, so I got up early with pup and letting him sleep in. Yesterday he came home to one of his favorite meals: beef tips in gravy over loaded baked potatoes. Today's dinner up in air.
Spending most my free time hand stitching quilts...my fingers and knuckles are sore but it's worth it.
Stay cool & have a sew great day
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:52 am

Hello everyone. Off to the beauty shop in a bit. Need a haircut. Always hate to see so much of my perm end up in ringlets on the floor. I postponed it a week when we had the wedding to attend. But with all this hot weather ahead, it will be good to have a more summer look.
You all have a great Friday!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:02 am

A quick drive by. Getting ready to leave Hays and head for Colorado this morning. Wish we could stay longer.
Chriss, I made sure Maddox understood that I was giving him hugs and kisses from you. He hugged really hard back, just so you know β£οΈπŸ’ž
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:32 am

Good morning!

A big 'ol thunderstorm blew through last night, all wind, no rain. Just enough drops to dirty my windshield!

Not much different around here. Ethan will be down. Sarah and her DH have an appointment with the orthopedist surgeon this morning. The date for surgery will get scheduled. It's been confirmed that the problem is a torn, detached knee ligament.

Ethan kept me busy, so didn't get in my Batt Cave for very long. I did get my threads back in behaving order. I like to keep them in some assemblence of color order - light to dark of each color. Easier for me to find what I need - to use and what to buy. Today I want to get those blocks squared up.

It's getting to be Ethan time, and Grandma promised to make scratch buttermilk pancakes.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning I was up early and got dressed and made coffee...then got the urge to sew ....(never to clean house) I stitched down a few appliques made the bed and went down to the kitchen to get more coffeee....realized the fridge was pretty messy so I cleaned it...got rid of a few"duplicates" ( 2 half bottles of the same thing" ) Then loaded the dishwasher with a few empty jars...and took out taco meat from the freezer...it will be street tacos with rice and beans tonight,
I guess when my washer died I went with the lowest tech washer I could find...no digitl no fancy gadgets no fancy wash an old time agitator....and a large capacity.. and we hve been friends ever since,,,Im not sure how long but my old one was 20 years old. My kids have been to 3 new fangled washers since then...I wash 2-3 times a week,,,maybe 2 loads...I would go with maytag...Refrigerators were another LONG story but I have a GE french door bottom freezer which I love..Consumer report gave it excellent marks and althoug it is hard for the "vertically challenged" ( Im barely 5 ft) I use a little step stool. I dont put anything I use regularly in the back. My stove is a GE same review. on sale with a center griddle and I love it. Not fancy or expensive and I cook a lot.
Well that all for me...I know there are really expensive maybe much better appliances out ther but go and look you need to buy what suits you, and your budget,
I am headed to the sewing machine,,,I should finish these ti blocks (SG) and but this one away for a month or so. Might put together a top from blocks I have and get it ready ti quit,, I am ready fir the shower tomorrow...(But my toes are not) I found everything but didnt buy a new purse ( long story bout the closet full of purses here) Hope you all have a great dayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:52 am

Good Morning

Just a fly by here as I am going to be heading out soon to go help KC with some more sorting and cleaning! Going to be a HOT day and I so hope she cranks up the AC...

I did go look at appliances the other day and picked up a Samsung stove, Samsung washer/dryer and LG fridge and LG dishwasher. They can be delivered after July 1st, so I think those are ones I'm going to go with... haven't quite finalized but I'm headed that direction. Shawn is going to take the old fridge for their garage, but I may try to sell or give away other things... Other wise I have to pay $40 each to have them hauled away.

For now I better run... had my shower but need to dry hair and put on a public face. Also, my coffee cup is empty!

See you all in the morning!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:12 am

Good Partly Sunny Morning......I've gone from 71* to 73*.

It's been a cool Spring here. Big day here in Charlton.....Curtis is coming to look at my lawn. If he starts to say no....I will gently beg. It's ridiculous I had to call 24 companies! I've decided that if he's a 'no go' then the grass will stay in it's natural state. I've spent hours on this. The End!!!!

I also want to say thank goodness hair grows. I forgot to tell her I need it long enough to put behind my ears. It's perfectly shaped just short. Come on hot weather I'll be cool.

I've 3 loads of laundry to fold. I'll be resisting buying a red/white jelly role for making tote bags plus some reds to line them & maybe a yellow.

Maryz......I'm OK in the 70s. Just no humidity. A grass cutting party here sounds great. Do we get to play & talk first? Cold spaghetti, good any time. Just think for years & years to come that young couple will remember the help you gave them. (((HUHS)))

Flo.....happy quilting to you. That sounds like a delicious dinner you made Joe.

Val......sorry you have lose your ringlets....I feel better already with the hair off my neck.

Lyn.....prayers for a safe trip. How wonderful you could share your hugs & kisses.

Jana......good to hear you didn't have any problem rain. The last time I organized my thread I realized I need a bigger place for them. Mmmm bet those pancakes were delish lucky Ethan.

Judi......I'm with you.....simple appliances are the best for me. My frig has the bottom freezer...sometimes things get lost on the bottom of it. Being short like you I do not keep much on the top shelf, right now I need to get the stepladder to get to get the tofu that's all the way back. Just think how clean your cloths will be.

Maryq.........how nice to have all new appliances, all shiny & clean.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 am

Hi, I am back. Boy, my hairdresser did a beautiful job! She gave me a shorter look, but I still have some waves. She is pregnant and baby due in mid August. I only want her to give me my perm, so I am going to just let it grow until she's back in the shop in later October.
Got my hearing aids checked and all is working well. DH had to have his checked and found he has wax buildup. So I have to help him get that fixed with drops.
It pays to be checked.
Now we are back home. Time for lunch.
Hugs around the group.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:53 am

OH Happy Day!!! Curtis is mowing my lawn right now

I am grateful! Kathy

Return to β€œSew ins”