Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday June 22nd 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday June 22nd 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 am

Good morning another hot one. 90 today. I have a bit of housr work to do and will call and see if I can get a pedicure this week. Grand daughters baby shower is saturday and I thought sandles would be in order...but must have painted toes...I also need to see if I have anything to wear...Since I will be MCing. I have ton of winter fall but in the summer its tank tops and capris...no dress up.....
I will sew if I get time I still am working on the SG blocks I messed up. one came out good the other in the works,,,Well that s all for me Hope your day goes smoothlyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Wednesday June 22nd 2022

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:34 am

Good morning. I am up early today. Got a. Bike ride in with DH. He always rides 30 min. I like 20. That's enough for me. Already 79 out. We are getting near 100 again today. These heat waves are just way to early in the summer!
Judi, I haven't had pedicure in years. Used to wear flip-flops and fancy ties was a must. Now I hate wearing any kind of sandals, and polish doesn't treat my nails very nicely. It really damages them, so I don't wear any polish anymore.
I should join you in the house chores. Laundry is done, but floors always need dusting or sweeping especially in summer time.
Not much else to talk about here. Same old stuff. Everyone have a great day.
Sending prayers for all our pals and plenty of hugs all around!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:16 am

Good Day to All!
On the Road Again. Heading for Hays, KS, for a short visit with DD2, before going on to Colorado. Chriss, I will give Maddox extra hug from you. ๐Ÿ’ž
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:20 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Oooh, a pedicure sounds nice. I think I'm going to arrange for my sisters and I to get them when they visit in August. And you get to MC the baby shower? You'll have all the shower power! Glad your block worked out. Hope you get a little sew time today. Too hot to work outside!

LYN - happy travels!! Bet you can't wait to deliver Chriss's smooches to little Maddox! Wishing you safe travels. Keep the shiny side up!

MARY Q - Glad you got out something of yours to break up the action in the sewing room. Did you get another of KC's quilts finished? Are you binding them, too, or just quilting them? I know you are off to the dentist again today. :cry: I hope all goes well there for you. I always wonder how people decide to become dentists. Nobody wants to go see them. Does that hurt their feelings?

IZZY - I'm so sorry about your loss of Charlie. And poor Coco. Farm life sounds so idyllic - until some of the realities hit. Hard lessons. Do you have anyone in your herd up and coming to take his place?

VELDA - you had to go to the dentist, too? Hope that all went well for you. If I'm having work done, I take my phone, earbuds, and listen to an audio book while they work. It helps to mask the noise of the drill and a book is more distracting for me than music.

JANA - the drama never stops in your kids' in-law families, does it. Your posts are always interesting! :D Did you find something red in your stash for your truck?

DIANE - Is Hamrick's a clothing store? Sounds like it was a fun trip for everyone! New clothes! I also hate wearing a bathing suit and rarely do. But I figure at 71, not many people are looking at me anyway. :lol:

Yesterday was another 4 hours of yard work. I'm almost done with it all but won't be out there today. I have chiro appt this morning and then an early lunch. We have a good friend, age 93, who lost her husband of 72 yrs very suddenly a few weeks ago. This woman and her DH were best friends with my in-laws and I've known them since I was 17. So another friend and I are going to take her to lunch lunch at an Italian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. This will probably take most of the day so there will be no sewing for me today. And speaking of sewing, Bill started quilting my Irish Chain. Whoo Hoo! He figures it's going to take 14 passes on the quilt. Each pass takes him 45 minutes. He's got two done. He says he'll do one or two passes each morning. So, hopefully, this time next week, I'll be putting binding on it!

Wishing everyone full bobbins!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:24 am

Good morning!

Oh so pretty outside! The sun is up and so is the city. All the city noises as everyone is up and going. But the little rooster is still asleep, not a cock a doodle do from him.

I did have a red for my block and got that block done. I thought there were only 6 blocks, but y'all know what thought got! There's seven, so I will make that one and then square up everything and assemble. There's simple patchwork squares to make as well. I am getting the hang of doing this new technique and it's not bad! I am getting quite fast as changing threads on my sewing machine, zip zip, done!

So besides sewing in the Batt Cave, not much else going on here.

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:38 am

Good morning all
Been busy . Sunday my d snl came and did a lot of yard work for me. I worked for about 4 hours and wore me out . He mowed ditch and yard part rider can not get. He also did weed eating . After 4 hours of me weed eating with my small weedeater I was pooped.
Moday had to take Jim to Galesburg for an xray to see if his wires on his difibulater had moved. Did not take long. We stopped at Wendys and I had a strawberry salad. O my this salad is very good. Expensive but really good.
Yesterday watered garden. It has been so hot my green beans are not doing good. Its supposed to be in high 90s again today.
I have not had a chance to sew but today thats where I am headed. I need to make a bingo card out of fabric. We will use these at the July guild birthday party. Got my mystery quilt done to a point I need to figure out if I want black bindings or put on a border which will be black. choices choices sew many choices.
Still colecting groceries. I got my discover bill It had a$527 charge which was not mine One phone call and it was gone. Someone charged a trip to TN .
Maryz I did not get to see my chiro last friday due to having to take Jim to his Dr appointment in Peoria. I cant wait till Friday I need an adjustment Bad. Glad Bill has your Irish chain on and quilting.
Lyn Be careful out there
Velda It is so hot. I try to get something done in yard every day . But the weather is so bad here.
Judi I need a pedicure bad. LOL Have fun at shower.

Well ladies I need to get off here so I can sew.

You all have a great sewing day.

O my hummingbird babies have shown up.

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:21 am

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/cri ... d466f37cac

This is what I woke up too this morning! If you click on that link, and see the video of the officer sitting by the school, The townhouse development that I live in, is right next to that school. This all started last night and I could see squad car lights (there's a lot of trees) and hear the gun shots and the Police officers yelling at the guy to come out. I can't seem to find out if it's over yet or not. Turns out it's a kid my kids went to school with.

Yes today is another DDS day.. though this time I get a little bit of nitrous, so it might hurt like crazy but I just won't care! :lol: :lol:

Other than that exciting news.... :lol: :lol: nothing much to report! When I get back from DDS I hope to finish another KC quilt and get the binding on--machine stitched down. I'm going to her place tomorrow again so I'd like to be able to deliver the quilts that are done. Need to think of a way to gently tell her that her quilts SUCK! One is so bad, the only way to salvage it is to take it completely apart and I'm not doing that! I'm nice, but not THAT nice! :lol: :lol:

Need more coffee.... and my shower.. see y'all tomorrow

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 am

Good morning ladies, unfortunately my test came back +. I have sent a note to my Doctor to hopefully get the new antiviral drug. I am not sure of all the qualifications but since I am old, have Asthma and at higher risk I should qualify. I have learned not to rely on those government tests, for 5 days they all said negative. So just for fun, I did one right before I went to do my PCR and sure enough, still negative. 15 min later PCR is +. So ladies, please purchase an adequate test if you need to test. So when the caregiver is here, I will hang out in the sewing room. But someone needs to care for Dad after she leaves and guess that is me.

I will go ahead and make blocks and spray them as somebody suggested. I have a few other things I can work on too,

Judy how fun, a new baby. Do you know the sex yet? We are going to be around 85 today, still hot but yesterday it was over 100 and just stifling. If DH tests negative today he can come out of isolation and I will send him to get me one of those personal coolers.

Vel I don't do pedicures either, no beauty shop, none of that stuff. Way too much money and I like me just the way I am. That's great that you can still get out and bike. I am not sure I could do that anymore.

Lyn safe travels, check in when you can.

Maryz how nice of you to take your friend to lunch. My godparents were married 75 years. Can you imagine.

Jana Vallejo has city noises all night long, sirens, sirens and more sirens. I saw on facebook this AM that the Jack in the Box by my house burned down. Guess I don't need to be eating that stuff anyway.

Me my garden is really not doing well either. Our weather has been funny this year. 69 and then the next day it is 99. Speaking off, guess I best get to watering. I forgot yesterday. Also want to get it done before hopefully the doctor calls me back. I am not sure what time they start at Kaiser. I will probably check back later.

Oh Maryq guess I stepped on your toes or you type faster than me. prayers
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:30 am

Judi, I had a pedi last week. In summer I go every 2-3 weeks. I wear sandals most of the summer. Our salon's are just walk in. I was the only one there. I think high prices of gas and food are taking a toll on those type of businesses.

Maryz, I bet you are excited to get the Irish chain done.

It's going to be a hot one here. Our A/C wasn't working. Apparently the heater mother board went out. So we will replace the whole thing.
Hopefully we'll have it working by this afternoon.

Tonight we're off to a baseball game with friends. Angels vs Royals.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:53 am

Good morning. It's going to be a crazy weather day today. The sky reminds me of the sky in Illinois. Grey and stormy looking. The wind has picked up and very light if any rain is predicted. They may get lightening in the hills and that is one of the causes of fires. When the wind picks up like this the dry leaves fall from the oak trees like rain. I love stormy-ish weather.

Yesterday took dad to the eye doctor. He has his cataract surgery planned for August. It's funny. when he would drive his mom, my grandma, someplace she would tell him turn here avoid this etc. He is his mother. I should warn my son that it's in the DNA.

Judi, hope you buy a new outfit for your Emcee gig. I have never had a pedicure. What color will your toes be? I don't use water in my iron either, like you I use a spray bottle. I have had lots of leakers as far as Irons go. My newest iron is from amazon and 1800 watts. Some brand that I have never heard of. I like it so far. It's called Beautural.

Velda, there is nowhere to ride a bike here. My road is not safe as people think 40 is the new 25 mph. We also have no shoulder. I'd have to take my bike someplace to ride. So I might as well take myself someplace and just walk.

Lyn, the instant I saw the word daughter in your post I thought of Maddox and smiled. Thanks for adding that hug, safe travels.

Maryz, glad Bill is making progress on that quilt.. When I hear how long the upkeep on your yard takes I'm glad I don't have a yard. I have a few trees that need watering but no lawn or flower beds. Have a great lunch, I do like Italian but don't have it much anymore unless I can substitute the pasta. Yesterday we went to Olive Garden and I had Eggplant Parm and substituted the pasta for veggies. My bunny eyes are the size of peas. very small. I'm thinking of drawing them on. I tried embroidery and it looked like a blob of thread. I've also thought of leaving them with no eyes and letting people do what they want with them.

Jana, I hear morning noises here too. A weed eater and birds. And like your area, the local rooster here is sleeping on the job.

Katy, I'm a lover of Wendy's strawberry salad too. Nice to have so much yard work help. Glad you caught that charge that wasn't yours. How very small hummingbird babies must be. like little peanuts with wings.

Valerie, so sorry dad is having issues. Glad DD will be there to help. Said a prayer and will keep you on my list. Sure hope you get the ok to get the anti viral treatment. Our garden isn't doing what I would like it to do either. It's supposed to be hot this weekend, I sure would love to see some red o those tomatoes.

Flo, we have window air conditioners. they are a huge help.

Diane, I haven't worn a bathing suit in years. Since I've lost some weight, I don't even own one anymore. I had thought about taking advantage of the fitness swimming program our Parks and Rec puts on but I'd have to buy a suit. Probably won't happen, hope you find what you are shopping for.

Maryq, sorry the KC quilts are giving you fits. I would casually mention that they are taking so long to complete because they have to be reworked and perhaps she would like to look through her quilts and select only the ones ready to be quilted to give to you. Sorry about the police activity, So much junk going on in this country lately.

Lori, enjoy that ball game and the A/C.

Today I take Jerry to the dentist. He has to have some work done which included removing a tooth. Well the tooth fell out so we shave big bucks on the extraction. we will pay for it i other ways I am sure.

Since we will be in town we will stop by my dad's house, then Costco. I also need to gather some items to be shipped to North Carolina to my cousin. Hope to get that accomplished tomorrow.

You all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to โ€œSew insโ€