Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 21

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday June 21

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:39 am

Good Morning Girls

Looks like it's going to be another "corker" here this morning... hot hot hot! Good thing I have no place I need to go today...

Valerie... will be sending prayers for you and Dad with every stitch I make today! Do you still have sense of taste? I heard that a big symptom of covid. Your daughter is visiting so I hope she is a good help. I'm guessing they kept Dad at the hospital?

Judi.... Don't you HATE that... brown spit all over your fabric. I always have water in my iron but use filtered tap water as most of my irons have said to not use distilled water. Every once in a while I put a little vinegar and water in the iron and heat it up... the hit the "clean" button a lot! But hey, if you want a new iron go for it!

Lois..... You're going to JOann? Take me with you!!!! I haven't been there for so long I'm getting the DT's! Not that I need anything :lol: :lol: I'm feeling the need to go to the fabric warehouse too... but I wonder if they will just let me pet the fabric without buying any. KC has been giving me lots of fabric she doesn't want so I really shouldn't even be THINKING about buying more!

Flo... Oh my goodness... It's HOT In Missouri!!! Glad you were able to have the kids sleep over. From the picture I saw on Facebook, it looks like Lisa sure loves her Gramma!

Maryz.... Sorry you are having so much trouble with your wrists. I've had carpal tunnel surgery and tho it has seemed to help... It's not something I would do again! :lol: To test for it for real, they have to do a very painful EMS (I think that's what it's called) where they jolt you with electricity. NOT fun!

Diane... Don't you hate that when folks share their weight loss with you? DEX used to brag that he lost 10 pounds.. but I knew right were they were---on me! Do you remember the quilt tops you send me... lavender with bunnies and blue with bunnies---quite a while ago. I finally finished them and Viv quilted for me. They are all set to go to the hospice home. But since another package is on the way... I wait and take one trip! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!

Izzy.... My sympathies for the loss of your Charlie. What is normal life expectancy for a goat? Is he your only sire? It is a good life lesson for William, the circle of life!

Velda... SO true... you never know what you will find... or won't find..... at the grocery store these days. I saw on the internet that there may be a shortage of MUSTARD! Of all things. Not sure I need to stock up on it... but you just never know! I do like mustard on my burger!

Jana..... Your Poor Sarah.... she loves a man with a crazy family! Been there,... done that! I can't imagine having inlaws or any family that is so demanding! No wonder the one brother is estranged. You must give your DSIL a lot of "atta-boys" for taking over and being the level head!

Had a night of "aerobic exercise" last nite and tossed and turned for while.. finally got to sleep, then compensated for it by not crawling out of bed until almost 9:30! SO I'm going to get in gear and work on another KC project for a while, clean up a few messes of course. My Calendar blocks are done (picture posted) and I pulled out a UFO from my pile to play with in between other things... just for some variety! Trip to DDS went fine yesterday, but have you ever tried to have a big drink of water with a numb face? Quite a picture! Needless to say... I got a little wet!

More coffee..... gotta have more....

Return to “Sew ins”