Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 21

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Tuesday June 21

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:10 am

Just got back from ER with Dad. He spiked a temp and became quite weak so called 911. They have started him on antivirals. I now also have a dry hacky cough and can't sleep. Chest is tight and asthma meds not working. My daughter is here from Reno and caregiver coming in the AM. I have a PCR rest scheduled at 8:45 but will self test too. May go get another kind. These government one are giving me all kinds of whacky results. I think I have it.

I am going to stop working on any blocks that will get mailed for safety sake. I will restart when everyone healthy again. Wouldn't want to pass anything on.

Need to find a boring book so I can 😴 💤 🛏
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday June 21

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 am

Good morning Oh Val I feel so bad for you. Prayers fro you and your family. I wouldnt worry about the blocks being mailed Covid cannot spread that way. But hope you get some sleep/
I have inside work to do since we are going into the 90s today...yesterday was very humid and warm today will be hotter and more humid.
I do have to go to the credit union. and come back home and sew or try to.. yestrday.I made a block for the SG. it was ok till I laid the applique on it and it just didnt go...so I made a new one...then I got this hair brained idea to put some distilled water into my iron and steam press the block....my iron spit brown water all over it..( iron is a couple of years old but I usually do not put water in it...I use a spray bottle.) so I tossed that block and today I will start over. o maybe I will be gun shy....either way I will move on. (I may toss the iron too) Well I hope you have a good day.....Stay cool XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:17 am

Good morning Val and Judi,

We had cool Temps over the weekend so off went the air and the windows were open but lastnight the heat started arriving so down went the windows and the air is on.
Today I will go out with Bill he has a couple of errands so I see a trip to Joanns so off I will go.
Yesterday Olivia and Virgil went to the Camden aquarium had alot of fun both loved the penguins and the turtles so we she'll see if they hit me up for a new quilt.

Val I hope you and your family feel better real soon and I hope you found your book.
Judi sorry you have to do a do over on your block.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a fun day.
Prayers go out to all in need
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:21 am

Morning
Val prayers for your dad's recovery. Happy reading.
Yesterday DDIL and grands spent night here. It was fun. DGD had field trip yesterday and we think she had heat exhaustion and my a/c is central, where they have a small window unit for now. Joe ordered a split system for their house, & will install it this weekend.
Have a sew great day and stay cool.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:29 am

Good early morning,

Oh, VAL, I'm so sorry to hear of all the sickness going on in your family. Praying you all have an easy case and get well soon. I don't think the virus lives long on inanimate objects. I think if you spray them with Lysol, or wash them, or simply let them lay for a few days, they will be just fine. They aren't due for 3-1/2 more weeks. I hope your caregiver will still come even if you're all sick. God bless.

MARY Q - glad you got to work on your own things yesterday. And only 2 more KC quilts to go! You are amazing! I hope it cools down for you today. 92* before 10am is UNACCEPTABLE! That time you spent with your mom is a treasure.

CHRISS - sorry your bunnies' eyes are giving you fits. I had to put noses on my patriotic puppies for the June lotto. They were about the size of nickels, maybe dimes. I used a bit of wool felt, fused them on, and used a blanket stitch to adhere them firmly in place. Worked great and took all of 5 min per nose! I always hesitate to use buttons on any block because they can be a headache for the long-armer.

FLO - hope your DGD is feeling better today. Very generous of you and Joe to put A/C into the kids' house.

LOIS - oh, inspirations for new quilts! I like that! I did Elizabeth Hartman's penguin quilt. It was a fun one to do!

JUDI - you'll be along any moment now, I'm sure. You are too hot and too mosquitoery to work outside today, so I'm declaring it a sew day for you! Sorry you had a do-over block, but sometimes ya just gotta do it.

Yesterday was purrfect weather for us - About 69-70*. I worked outside nearly all day. Once again, it's looking pretty good around here. Just a little bit more to go today. It's also going to be sheet washing day - declared so because I can dry them on the line. We have two sets of boondockers with us right now. A single retired lady and her dog and a very young couple from FL just out of college and taking a trip around the country before the next step in their life. We had a campfire last night for happy hour and "swapped lies", as my brother always termed a visit together with anyone. Both will be here for 3 nights.

I am in between sewing projects right now and taking a break while I whip the yard back into shape. And have what I think is an interesting update on my wrist issues: I saw chiropractor and regular doctor. I never got a definitive diagnosis from either. Just told it could be carpal tunnel, arthritis, inflammation of the neural sheath, or a combo of all three. I was given exercises to do and told to wear a brace. The chiro did work on it which helped some.
This has been on-going over a year. I told my massage therapist about it last Wed. and he thought it originated from my elbow, saying the radius bone wasn't seated quite right. He worked on it extensively and rubbed in a strong anti-inflammatory cream. And it is remarkably better and improving every day. Some days I completely forget about it! Always pays to get a second, and even a third opinion!

Y'all have a great day!
mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:31 am

Good morning to all.
Fast stop in today. Going to Hamricks with my DDIL. She lost 20 lbs (I probably gained them all--LOL)
I need a pair or two of shorts-haven't worn any in the last 5 years. Fran says I need a bathing suit (which WILL NOT happen).

Sorry to hear your dad is having such a hard time. Stay strong!

MARYQ-- tracking number is 9405 5036 9930 0278 1307 29 package to be picked up after 2 today. YAHOO!!!
I'm so sorry that it took so long--

Off to the shower and coffee.
Diane

Prayers for those in need.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:37 am

Good morning ☀️

Not a good one here went to do morning feeding and Coco my little cow was crying in the barn my goat that I’ve had for 12 years was laying dead in the barn and Coco was his buddy so he was trying to wake him up😩
So this morning‘s lesson for a little man was what do you do when animals die on the farm so we had to drag poor little Charlie out of the barn because he weighs about 220 pounds so and I’m the only one home so I had to get him out of the barn so he wouldn’t bloat in it in there with the heat that we’re supposed to have today. DH will bury him when he gets home I had to drag him down into the woods until this afternoon into the shady area😭
Charlie was my sire for my herd since I started so it’s a sweet bitter goodbye he was the last of my original herd.

Got the weeding done in the garden yesterday and it looks really good DH steak up the tomatoes so it’s really doing a good job so canning will be just around the corner

Sitting outside while it’s still cool watching little man play will take him and DD swimming later after lunch

Mornings have been cool here 55 so try to get as much done as I can while the weather is cool and then it’s supposed to be in the high 90s though in the afternoons so back in the house we go

Got some quilting done on the long arm yesterday plan to do some more today had piano lessons yesterday haven’t been to piano in a couple of weeks due to VBS and all the crazy schedules

Working on a couple of quilt patterns I’m making a long cabin and I’m also working on Cleopatra‘s fan quilt

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 am

Good morning everyone. Another busy day here. I have been up since 5. DH wanted to ride bikes early while still cool enough. Ha, Ha, I needed coffee ☕ first, so he went alone. I got my devotional reading and Bible study reading for today, then after coffee, I did my bike ride for my exercise. Then off to grocery store. How disappointing it is. You never know what will be missing on the shelves. Forced to choose different brands, and other things to substitute when you can. I am anxious for life to get back to some form of normalcy. If ever!!!
Now I am off to a lunch meeting of our church group. Having our monthly meeting this month at DQ. Then I have dentist visit for repair of an old filling. Yuk!
I have leftovers for supper, so at least I won't have to cook. Boy I will be happy when my schedule slows down so I can get back to sewing.
So sorry about sickness in your house, Val.
We have a shipment coming today of gov't free tests. Hope I won't need them, but it's good to have available, just in case.
Well, I need to get ready for next thing on my list.
Enjoy your day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:59 am

Good morning!

Clear, cloudless sky, we will be quite warm!

Not much new here. I will have to punt the red leather for the pickup truck on my Main Street project and just go with a red piece of fabric instead. No luck at Hobby Lobby. And Sarah is busier than a cat with nine tails in a roomful of rocking chairs!

Sarah's in laws have been married this weekend for 50 years and informed their children that the children were to give them a 50th anniversary party. Well, their only daughter threw a fit and was going to do a family dinner, but the parents insisted on a large party, at a venue, catered, and so for. So Sarah's DH, who is the one with a level head and brains, stepped up and planned the whole thing. So the last minute prep Sarah is doing and of course has everything under control. That is, not all the snippy, self centered siblings. There is the oldest sibling, who has estranged himself from the family for more than 25 years, no contact at all. Sarah's DH has continued to reach out to his brother with a small amount of success. Well this brother is coming to see his parents and go to the party. The other 4 siblings are in a snit over this, why is beyond any guess. But that's this family. The party is Saturday.

I ordered and it arrived, a box of sticks, that I have now assembled into a new thread spool holder. The pins to hold thread are very long, 3 1/12 inches, to hold my larger embroidery spools. Now maybe they will stay put and the gravity hotspot will stop testing itself and my patience!

Heading down to play,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:35 am

Oh, Izzy, I just read your post. I had a tear in my eye as I read your report. Animals are amazing! We have witnessed strong bonds between animals many times growing up on a farm . Loosing your animal even though it's not a family pet, you still bond with them, and it's hard to let go. I had a champion rabbit while in 4-H in my youth and lost him the very next day after the judging and ceremony due to extreme heat that year at the fair grounds. I had a hard time recovering from that.
Once we had seen a rabbit on the road in front of our house sitting beside another that was hit earlier by a car. So sad to see them grieving.
We went out an moved the animal to the ditch so the other rabbit wouldn't stay too long and end up gey killed as well.
Other hawks and such feed on road kill. It's all about nature and farm and rural life. I agree, you had a huge teaching moment with DGS.
😟😟😟
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”