Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, June 18th, 2022

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Saturday, June 18th, 2022

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:09 am

Good Saturday Morning to All!
Hope your day is filled with whatever makes you happy.
I'm going to visit my Aunt today, that makes me happy.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, June 18th, 2022

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 am

Good morning,

Bill ,Billy,and DBl Richie are all fishing I've already made an apple pie cleaned up and showered and dressed already.
I will be in my sewing room finding something to do small :lol: .

Mary your Irish chain is beautiful.
Mary Q I hope your able to straighten out K C quilts.

Lyn enjoy your time with your aunt.

Well thats all the news here have a great day.
Prayers to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:29 am

Morning
9 yrs ago I made a triple Irish chain in stained glass window prints for DS1 when he got married....jump to 2 yrs ago when he and his family moved out here...I got to repair it for them while they stayed here...nice to know it's still loved.. i want to make another out of shamrock prints I have been collecting. .

Today is laundry and baking.. yes I bake in this horrible heat.. I just add fans to kitchen to help a/c circulate air. On menu is oatmeal cookies and banana bread.
Stay cool
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:36 am

Good morning,

Pretty empty here this morning. I'll try to type quietly. Yesterday I finished my Irish Chain and posted a photo. Today's plan - pillowcases to go with. Have to say, as much as I love how this project turned out, I am tired of sewing with St. Pat's fabrics! lol! I also did March in the Calendar swap. I'm ready to move on.

Bill has our trailer up on blocks (only one side at a time!) and found the problem we were having on our trip. He's ordered parts to repair - I think it's corroded wire that connects the trailer brakes to the pick-up. We'll probably get whiplash next time we're on the road and do a quick stop.

SHERRY - did you get to your movie? Have to say Jurassic Park is not my thing. I did see the first one years ago and that was enough for me. I'm more of a family comedy gal. Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite movie.

BEV - sorry about your dog. I love all the herding breeds. We think our (Saint) Snickers was half sheltie and half border collie - such a good dog! And yes, I agree with most everyone else - retirement ain't for sissies. I've never been busier! Though maybe it's just taking me twice as long to do what I used to do in half the time . . . .

MARY Q - Have you considered gently telling KC the problems with her quilt, show her how to frog and letting her repair them herself? Sounds like it's work she could do. She would learn, you wouldn't have to do it. Win/win. Of course, it would prolong your committment to her and maybe get you tangled in something else. So could be risky. Does she sew at all anymore? And what flowers did you plant?

LOIS - you've done some epic quilts lately. I can understand why you want to rest with a small project today. Have you decided what that's going to be?

FLO - I wanted to make a triple chain but didn't have a pattern for that, but since I had QIAD's book for a double, that's what I went with. Nice to see that your quilt is being used enough that it needs repair!

JANA - 101 degrees and you never noticed?? That is some basement you are hibernating in! Lucky you!

LYN - so did you get to sew yesterday? And if so, what did you work on? How is your mandolin playing coming along? Could you plan any stringed instrument before you started taking lessons? Have fun visiting your aunt today. I loved spending time with my Aunt Girlie. She was a hoot, as her name might imply.

VAL - sorry to hear that your sister has Covid. I pray it's a light case. Don't fret over your upcoming class. You are an amazing quilter (I've seen your work up close and personal!). Believe me, if I can make this quilt, you will breeze through your class! For my background I used the same night sky fabric I used in my campfire block for the calendar swap. And there is a photo of it in that thread. I didn't care for the light background as shown in the pattern.

JUDI - how did your day go yesterday? As planned? Any idea yet when your countertops will go in? Has the guy come yet to take measurements? What do you want to bet that the countertops and the floor people all come at the same time?

CHRISS - are you sewing this weekend?

Not much happening here. We have another boondocker for two nights - a woman and her teen daughter up from Oregon. I will work on pillowcases and when they are done, will go arrange all the silk flowers I bought for our deck. Since we are so shady on the deck, since the squirrels and birds dig in my pots, and since we are gone a lot and can't water regularly, real flowers have a hard life here, so I'm going with silk this year. The neat thing is I paid half what I would have for real flowers, and I can use them over and over for years. The downside is that selection was slim so we'll see how they all look together.

The eagle cam we've been watching is Pittsburgh Hays Eagle cam. Irish has been watching it for years and giving us reports over in Supper Club, but this year I finally tuned in myself and Bill and I are hooked. It's been fun watching those little eaglets hatch and grow into majestic birds. They are still juveniles but as big as their parents. They've just started flying and their landings are sometimes less than graceful. But what a great thing to be able to observe - I've learned a lot about eagles I never knew.

Wishing us all full bobbins for the weekend!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:35 am

Good morning!

Well, I'm still in Utah! After the wind last night, I thoughtI would wake up at Maryz! It was a southerly wind, blowing so hard, it shook my house many times. And we are anchored firmly to the ground!

After finishing the church bulletin this morning, you will find me, once again in the Batt Cave. I didn't make it there yesterday. Aaron needed us with our Costco card. His car needed a new battery, so after work, we met them at the new one by us. Well, ........, it seems as if a power outage happened just as we got to the store, so we just hopped on over to the other Costco and got the battery taken care of. The kids are heading down to St George today and will be back tomorrow. St George is known to be a place that is - "hotter than the hinges of he**! Or, if Ihad a house in he** and one in St George, I'd rent out the house in St George and live in the one in he**! Kate's mom lives in St George and so does her youngest sister and the new baby. St George's temp is to be around 106 or more today.

So not much else new here, just making another block or two. Hopefully, they get done faster, as I learn how to do this new technique better. I am very good at quickly threading my sewing machine! The saying goes, practice makes perfect, I am well practiced! LOL!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:37 am

Good morning We slept till 7 this morning,,,omelets for breakfast then clean up I made the bed and got dressed Today with a high near 73 I will work outside. weeds weeds and more weeds. Ken is in the basement putting up trim on the ceiling, he is covering the seams and it will be ready for paint. one window to trim out and the small finishing parts. then the stairs...Ken said they are a one day job...since there is a bathroom down there,,,he can be fine doing it all day...I just will hand him food and drinks. We have the flooring scheduled for the third week in July. and I haven't heard for the guy for the counter tops yet, yes it will be construction heaven around here, Painter is just waiting to be called...He has given me the thumbs up/
I need to sew down the binding on a table runner and have started another stitchers garden block...it is my plan to keep plugging away at all the projects I have here,,,I have a plan.........and here it is.
I FULLY INTEND TO MAKE ALL THE QUILTS WITH ALL THE FABRIC AND PATTERNS I HAVE BOUGHT, I'M ON SCHEDULE TO DO SO BY MY 835TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!Have a wonderful day and weekend.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 am

Good Morning Y'all

(That's Southern for Good Morning Girls) :lol: :lol: It's going to be HOT like Houston here this weekend so I thought I'd turn on my southern accent for y'all!

Lyn... Wishing you a happy Day with Auntie!

Lois.... You've made apple pie already! I want to come to your house! But wait, is it hot there too? Maybe not! Cross your fingers, I'm working on a KC quilt today!

Flo.... Oh wait, maybe I'll come to your house for cookies and banana bread!

Maryz... GOOD!! You found the problem with the brakes.. will it be easy for Bill to fix! He's kind of an all around guy isn't he... he quilts and fixes brakes and makes great bonfires. I have kind of very diplomatically mentioned a couple things to KC about her quilts,..... she said she was just having a bad day! Like how do you sew a whole quilt without checking the tension now and then . And why use polyester fabric with cotton.., and really cheap poly at that! :? :? But I will do my best and cross my fingers... so far she has liked what I've done. She sews all the time ... and like me has several projects in the works.

Jana... I've been to St. George in July.... You're right.. it is Hotter than the gates of Hell. But around Zion park it's very pretty... the rock formations are truly beautiful.

Judi.... Is there a door at the top of the basement step? You could lock it ... that way you'd know Ken will get the job done! :lol: Just place food and beverages on the top step and he'll be fine. :lol: I saw that saying on Facebook too. It's hilarious... but oh so true!

According to the weather app on my phone, we are to hit 86 today. I was going to run an errand but I think I will stay cool in the AC today. I have a KC quilt ready to pin and I would so LOVE to get it done today. 85" x 56" must be for a twin bed? If you hear my swearing later on this afternoon, you'll know what I am doing!

Keep cool y'all and have a happy Saturday

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:02 am

Hi everyone! I have been away, I know, but today we are at our son's house waiting to go to family wedding this afternoon. Stuff on TV here that I am not interested in. I reviewed yesterday post and found my long post I thought I made yesterday, was not there???
Whatever! Yesterday AM we had a much needed rain/thunderstorm. Ended up with power outage for two hours. We were waiting to shower and leave to head up north to our son's. So I finally had time to read and post.
I missed you all.
Lois, your sparrow quilt is very interesting. Neat colors.
Lyn glad you are getting to visit your aunt.
Prayers for all our friends with many concerns!
Maryz: I am headed over to check out you quilt pictures.
Lois, yummy!!! Pie!
Jana: enjoy your batt cave...
Judi: still finishing up in the basement. Bet you will be so hay to have it all complete!
MaryQ: I have been gone, too long. What does KC quilt mean? I am sorry I missed many postings. But sounds like you are nearly finished. That's great!
I got my "sew along" quilt sandwiched. Going to take a stab at my rusty hand quilting skills. I bought a hand held loom back in Texas, but had not tried it until now.
This might take a long time, but I am determined.
I have been keeping busy with dances, church activities, my flowers outdoors, and family activities. Should be able to be more regular here after the 4th of July. Time has been flying by for me. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
God be with you all!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:51 am

Just a quick drive by. Bad news, both DH and Dad testing + for Covid. DH is symptomatic, Dad is not. I am still testing negative. Have ordered additional PPE for myself and the CG. I am so hoping I don't already have it. I will cancel all my Free Sews this week which I am not happy about but don't want to take any changes. And to top it all off, somebody got ahold of by Mastercard number and now I have had to cancel the card. Not too much in charges but they were likely testing it. Caught it before big transactions. That's kinda how they work.

I am starting the process of washing and disinfecting in Dad's room, then will move on to DH. I have plenty of clorox wipes and spray. Will put all dishes through the dishwasher. Take some Ibuprofen and keep moving one foot in front of the other. I have a pretty bad back but will rest if I need to.

I did get a school house block done yesterday and will work in sewing room when I can. But now off to clean up after breakfast.

Have a good day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 pm

Good evening my friends. It's been a beautiful couple of days. The weather has been so perfect.

Yesterday I spent the day with my son. That bright light you saw on the left side of the map was me beaming with pride. He took me on a tour of the college where he teaches. He gave me a mechatronics demonstration so I could see what he teaches. Then we went to Monterey and walked cannery row and the boardwalk. Afterwards we had a visit with my DIL and my two beautiful granddoggies. I love them all so much.

Today was pretty much a wash, a friend came over and there went any productivity. but it was a nice visit.

Lyn, how was your aunt visit? I hope she is well and that you got a great hug from her.

Lois, how wonderful for DH and DBIL to come home to a wonderful apple pie. Ala Mode, I hope. Did they catch their limit?

Flo, I would love to see a picture of the stained glass quilt. I am so going to make one some day. I have a pattern that I want to use. How were the cookies and banana bread?

Maryz, our dollar tree and probably the other dollar type stores have lots of silk flowers. I laughed when you mentioned Scottie. I remember when he was here and we turned on the ceiling fan. He loved it.

Jana, it was quite windy in Salinas yesterday too. glad you got the battery and all is well.

Judi, reading how you had Ken food and drinks reminds me of when I was a kid and "helped" my dad. I also brought him food and drinks. A smile making memory for me. Like that you have a plan for all that fabric. It's like we are twins, I have the same plan.

Maryq, why I do declare, that was the most hospitable good southern morning I have heard in a coons age. Sorry the KC quilts are troublesome. Is there an end in sight?

Velda, was the wedding wonderful? did you have cake? was it white with white frosting? I love white cake with white frosting, such a sugar rush.

Valerie, I had a credit card show some crazy charges and was contacted by the cc company and they canceled the card and reissued a new one. Seems someone in NY needed a pizza and something chickenish. Both charges were not approved. Guess the CC stealers went hungry that day. Sorry about the Covid at your house. When we had it I didn't do much disinfecting. I figure it's air borne and we just stayed home for two weeks after we tested negative.

Diane, what are they preserving behind Joe and Fran's house? You are going to have quite a feast to take to VA. Hope you all have a great night.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”