Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

June 17,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

June 17,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:34 am

Good morning,

It going to be 90⁰ outside today so I will be inside its already over 70⁰ out there.
Since we didn't clean yesterday we will be doing that today.
I don't think I will be doing any sewing today we have a few errands to run so this will be my day I hope you all stay cool.
Has anyone herd from Sharona she has been missing in action for a while.
Thank you Mary Q for posting a picture of my sparrow quilt.
Well everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: June 17,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:43 am

Good morning Lois, It is also warm here we will get into the 80s...I dont have much on the books today. Maybe run the sweeper and dust the furniture,,then I will finish quilting the table runner..and make the binding,,,I think I will make another Stitchers garden block and maybe start the placemats for my table...the ones we use every day are mismatched and getting up there in years,,we just seem to grab them every day at supper. since we eat in the dining room every day I guess matching placemats are in order...
No errands to run today...Unless Ken needs something from Home depot again...Next week I need to buy paint. Hope your weather cooperates with your plans...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:45 am

Hot day ahead of us like everywhere else. Oh well.
This afternoon Joe and Fran are coming over to watch the Julia Child bio that was on tv a few weeks ago. They are doing great in their new home. They have a 10,500 acre preserve behind them, so no one will ever build behind them.
I want to get chicken breasts cooked and frozen for the trip to VA. We leave next Friday. Fingers crossed for cooler weather.

Coffee is calling me so off I go to start my day.
Have fun.
Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am

Morning
Today we are taking g a tour of local dairy farm. There you can buy milk and cheese direct and order an entire side of beef. We are not ready for that yet, freezer still full, but so we can get it in our budget. I believe you can get the whole steer butchered too. For that we will go in with neighbor and kids.
Extreme heat here again.
Stay cool.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:52 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I like the way you are doing your Stitchers Garden. It's like each block is a little quilt all on its own so it doesn't go on for weeks - and the mess is minimal.

LOIS - do you have a specific day of the week that you do your cleaning? I just clean in between quilts. :lol: I know SHARONA was taking a trip to see grandkids and then she was going to have a rather major surgery - bladder lift, I believe. Though I don't know exact dates.

DIANE = sometimes I think preparing for vacation is almost as much fun as going on the vacation!

CHRISS - no, Chip won't be home for about 3 weeks. There are 11 Sew & Vac stores in the Puget Sound area. But all repairs go up to Seattle and get in line for their turn with the techs. And since I had 5 whole things going wrong, it's going to take more than just service. Since Covid, it takes another week at least. I think a lot more folks took up sewing. Scottie and I are down one walking partner now. Poor old Duchess, a white german shepherd, has been limping a lot for the past 6 months. Finally a large lump was showing on her shoulder so she went to the dr yesterday. It was bone cancer and there was nothing to be done. Even if she'd gone to the vet 6 months ago, they really can't do much for dog ca. She was in a lot of pain and could no longer walk, so my human neighbor had to make that oh-so-hard decision. Scottie and I are going to miss her.

FLO - nice to have a close source for your foods! But Lordy, it would take Bill and me 5 yrs to eat a half beef!

KATHY - I love begonias! Are they the hanging kind or the non-hanging kind? I should plant some of them. I think they might grow well on our deck. The squirrels decimated my impatients though, and I hate to spend more $$ on flowers. I'm going with silk.

JANA - I hope Sarah can work some of her special magic that seems to surround that girl and get you some cement!

I e-mailed BECCA to see how she is doing but so far I haven't heard back from her. Maybe I will mail her another card.

I worked all day long on my Seminole border. It's not difficult, but it is time-consuming. I should be able to wrap this project up today! Yay!! I am growing weary of green and white. Then DH and I will have a conference on how we want to quilt it. Sometime this weekend I need to do laundry, too.

Cindy is having her shoulder surgery today. If you have time, offer up a prayer for her and shoot her some healing energy. She could really use some of both.

Mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning everyone! TGIF One more night for me. Boss has not called for me to work an extra night and the answer is NO is she does.

Maryz I am looking forward to the Starry Night class but a bit nervous. I have looked through the book, looked at the ruler and same response, What have I gotten myself into? It will be one Saturday a month for 9 months same as the 40 Fabulous Years quilt. You know what they say, slowly but surely wins the race! Dad is about the same. I picked up the new medication yesterday so will give him the first dose today and see what happens. Sorry to hear you have lost a walking partner. We were told the same thing when my lab got cancer. Really not much too do so she crossed the rainbow bridge too.

Flo I am not sure we have places around here that you can tour and buy like that. There is a cheese factory not too far ( an hour or so) but that is all they have. Otherwise, you have to work directly with the farmer/rancher.

Diane have a good time with your show. I used to watch her show, not that I could ever cook like her but fun to watch anyway.

Judy I am hoping to stay home all day today. Had that planned the other day then several things came up. Hope to see pictures of your fabulous projects.

Lois I saw your Sparrow Quilt, love the bright colors.

Chriss I like your reverse psychology plan. I may need to steal it. It is only 56 here today and supposed to stay cool for the next 2 days, 71 forecast for today. Thank you God I need a break from the heat. I love to be able to open the doors for the fresh air and the house not heat up. Speaking of food prices, I can shop at the base for Dad, I got 93% hamburger for $4.02 a pound! I usually only go though if going to pick up meds. The cost of gas has to be considered now.

Bev we has some birds flying around the tree in the front yard the other day. They are small but not like Hummingbirds. I think they may have been finches. Hoping since there were two that they are a couple and maybe nesting. I might have babies soon. I am going to keep checking.

Requesting prayer for my Sister in Virginia. She has contracted Covid but she doesn’t know where she got it. I will be checking with her today for an update.

Well breakfast is in order and I still have a chart to do. Will catch up later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:11 am

Waiting for an Insurance guy to come look at the mirror. Then I plan to play with fabric and practice the Mandolin. No going to Dr office today. Tomorrow I will be driving up to visit my Aunt near Gretna, Nebraska. Minnie will probably go, that way I don't have to worry about DH trying to hold her to get out Coach door to walk her.

Prayers for CindyG, Becca, the children who've been mentioned lately and a quilt of prayers over this group.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:21 am

Good morning!

We have many places here to go directly to farmer to get milk, cheese, beef, chicken etc. There's a great dairy that still does home milk delivery in glass bottles! When we were first married, living in California, we would drive over to Sonoma, near Valerie and get a half side of beef.

It may not be Sarah and her magic wand to find me some cement, it will be Daniel! He has contact with a nephew of ours, who is a cement contractor. This nephew is the oldest of Michael's good sister's children. We don't see her often, as she lives in New York state. This nephew is about 50 years old and is a great grandfather! Has been for awhile. So hopefully, Wade, his name, can help.

I did another block for my bench pillow. 22, 500 stitches and 41 thread changes in a 8x10 block! This was a fire station, with a fire engine in the doorway and a post clock next to the station. It's ready for trimming and then all the embellishments. I will do another today.

We will be quite warm, again today. I spent yesterday in the Batt Cave and never noticed that we went to 101! The proverbial they say, and are wrong more times than not here, that we will be cooler today. Just under 100. That's cooler?

If y'all need me, just knock and announce at the door, and come on down, there's plenty of room in the Batt Cave to play!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:01 am

Good Morning Girls

Can it really be Friday again already! Man this week went by fast.... so fast I think I totally lost yesterday! I did get out of the house and pick up some dirt for my plants I bought. Luckily Brennen was working at the green house so he could help me haul it! Such a sweet boy!

After I got home, I decided to work on one of KC's quilt... Oh my goodness girls... you wouldn't believe what a mess they are. On most of this one, the tension was WAY off on her machine so all the stitches were so loose! I took apart quilt a few seams and re did... the border was so wonky I completely removed it and today I'll put on a new one and try to get it quilted. This one is 85" long and only 45" inches wide... I'm thinking Twin bed? In any case... that's on today's agenda. I'd sure like to get this one done... and all of her stuff done so I can do MY stuff!

To that end... I won't sit and chat with y'all this morning, but will send lots of prayers out to you. I mean, who couldn't use a little extra prayer now and then... Especially Cindy and Becca

Need more coffee and to crank up some music!

Keep Cool Y'all

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:40 am

Lois I love your sparrow quilt! I might have to pick up the pattern!

I’m wondering what site it is someone mentioned about watching the baby 🦅 Eagles? I’d love to see it.

Maryz I haven’t done a Seminole border so looked it up. Looks nice. I’m so sorry about Duchess! It’s hard losing such wonderful companions. I lost my doggie, Aussie about 1 1/2 years ago. I just haven’t been able to bring myself to get another doggie.

Chriss lucky you on job & fantastic you were able to retire! Sounds like you keep busy so no retirement hehe.

We’ll off on my weekend trip. 😀

Return to “Sew ins”